Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-09-2002, 10:16 PM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Im not a NFL fan I just watch Cowboys games everytime they come on and being how hyped I am about this season I was watching the preseason game right now and im wondering why wont Cowboys put Wright in the game? I Cant say he is better than Quincy or Hutchinson but I mean I think he should have a roster spot in front of stoerner. I was listetnignt ot the radio adn it was said that Wright would be cut. But I dint understand that being he had a better season then Stoerner. Can anyone explaint his?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2002, 10:56 PM   #2
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

He pissed off Cowboys Management last season, and he is not from Arkansas
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 11:10 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard a trade may be in the works or he may be tried out as a WR. It won't work with all the decent WR's the Cowboys have though.

edit-type-o
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 11:54 PM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Hey fish for lunch,
Stoerner is not FROM arkansas, he just went to college there.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:03 AM   #5
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Close enough
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:24 AM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What I heard was that last year when he was starting he got an injury and instead of playing through it, he got surgey I believe and they were forced to play stoerner. The boys didn't appreciate that and he is of minimal talent anyway, so it's off to the ashtma field.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:28 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to continue this discussion I thought quincy and chag looked serviceable last night. Quincy still seems to not through a tight spiral but he sure is elusive.

He's kind of an enigma and I guess we will learn a lot more this year, he lofts a perfect pass over a defender and then throws a klunker. It's probably what you get with the new quarterbacks who throw as well as run, not quite as accurate an arm, but more dangerous feet.

Chad looked remarkably poised considering it was his first game in 4 years. Did the expected dumb thing and threw up an interception. The one thing I'm waiting for is to see Chad get his bell rung and see how he comes back on that. I think that will be telling.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-10-2002, 11:28 AM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Basically u can call Quincy mayeb still a rookie being how much inexperience he has. Same goes for Chad. With that being said I think they both played passed the way I thought they would. I like how both of htem got away from getting sacked. Quincy was running ridiculous out there and if I recalled didnt get hit once when he qb sneaked. These WR are ridiculous also if im part of Cowboys management I wouldnt know what reciever to cut. Maybe Flowers being I didnt see him play.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 11:15 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

What a nice, nice, nice change to have so many receivers that are really players. We have been so weak at receiver for so long. It would be interesting to try and figure out why?