Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy Birthday US!!

A happy birthday card from our Polish Brothers in Arms!

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index....5617/trackback

Quote:
Thought you may enjoy this email sent to all American troops in Afghanistan from the Polish military stationed there. My husband fowarded me the email he received at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan. It reads as follows:

Subject: 4th of July Greeting

Dear Friends

Two hundred and thirty two years ago, when your forefathers signed the
Declaration of Independence, they changed the history of the world.
Thanks to their sacrifices the world realized the true meaning of
freedom. Independence and freedom are powerful words in your country as
they are in Poland. When the United States gained independence, Poland
was in the process of slowly loosing portions of its borders to its
neighbors. We appreciate your efforts towards a unified and independent
United States of America because we know how difficult it is to regain
freedom and independence. Today we can be very happy with living in
independent countries. Today we fight together for freedom for people
in other countries, like here in Afghanistan.

4th of July and Independence Day are identified in our country with
aspiring to freedom and that is why we are so happy that we can
celebrate this day with American soldiers signifying our common goals
for peace and freedom.

Today we wish you and your nation a peaceful and happy day.

Polish Soldiers
Polish Military Contingent Afghanistan
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

That is OUTSTANDING!!!

Happy 4th of July America!!!

I am a pround American, and a descendant of both Texas and France...that's right, I have French Blood running through these veins, but I don't back down. I'm a conservative American and Proud of it!!!

Today, I am Proud to live in a nation where we can all voice our opinions, live by our beliefs and actually do so in somewhat relative harmony.

We all have the right and freedom to live as we do, provided we respect each others lives.

Unlike to the poor folks in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, where we are doing a mighty job of helping them rebuild and relearn how to live in a peaceful democracy.

Thank God I'm an American.

By the way, I recently watched a pretty cool episode of Gene Simmons "Family Gewels"

He and his daughter spent the day at a Marine Boot Camp - simulated training and stuff. On one scene Gene tries to intimidate his daughter by threatening to take her inheritance away, and she replied with these words:

"I don't need your inheritance, I will be a MARINE!!!"

Seriously, is there anything more American than that!!!

Thank you to all who are and have served to provide the U.S. with such a wonderful to celebrate freedom.

Thank you Liberals for keeping us conservatives in check, without your voice we would no doubt corrupt ourselves from within. Thank you fellow conservatives for holding true to your beliefs and for the same balance on Liberals...no doubt that Liberals at full power would run the U.S. into the ground.

We need this healthy balance of tension, no matter how irritating it can be in order to survive a Free Society.

Thank you God for blessing our nation as you have for so long, we humbly Pray for your continued Grace and Guidance as we enter into a new chapter moving forward.

Happy 4th of July!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

AMERICANS!!!

(Happy Birthday to ourselves...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote