Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold
Default Timber Wolves want Pau Gasol

I just ran across two different rumors that the Timberwolves are interested in Pau Gasol.

Quote:
Mark J. Miller

The Minnesota Timberwolves have the second overall pick in the draft, which seems like it should be a good thing, but the Sporting News reports that the team isn't excited about its choices and has been trying to trade the pick.

The Wolves already have a young guy at forward, Michael Beasley(notes), who fills
the same role as the consensus No. 2 selection, Arizona forward Derrick Williams. The Sporting News reports that the team is asking for a lot in return for the pick: "The latest from Minnesota has the team targeting ... forward Pau Gasol(notes)" of the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for the pick. Gasol
averaged 18.8 points, 10.2 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game last season.

The Timberwolves have already been rejected by the Washington Wizards when they asked to trade the pick for 7-0 center JaVale McGee(notes), the Sporting News notes. McGee averaged
10.1 points, eight rebounds and 2.4 blocked shots per game last season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba-364384

The other rumor was from ESPN Insider. I'm not subscribed to the Insider so I could not read the article. Now I can't even find the article, but the rumor was the Timberwolves were looking to trade Kevin Love to the Lakers for Pau-Gasol. Perhaps if any of you have the Insider you could post a quote?