Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-23-2003, 10:08 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here we go again

Wallace ticketed for driving with suspended license

September 23, 2003

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Trail Blazers forward Rasheed Wallace was ticketed for driving with a suspended license and driving without insurance after he was pulled over for erratic driving.

Sgt. Brian Schmautz, a spokesman for the Portland police, said Wallace's car was towed away after the ticket was issued Sunday, as is required by state law.

Wallace agreed in March to attend drug counseling, pay a $650 fine and stay out of legal trouble for six months to have marijuana charges against him dropped.

It was not immediately known if the driving infractions affect that agreement.

Wallace and teammate Damon Stoudamire were passengers in a vehicle that was stopped for speeding last Nov. 22 on a highway outside Chehalis, Wash., following a game against Seattle. A search of the vehicle turned up a small amount of marijuana, police said.

Old 09-23-2003, 11:10 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Here we go again

The only thing that surprises me is that it took this long for Sheed to get back into the news.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Here we go again

I wonder how erratic he was driving. It doesn't look like he was drunk or high. Probably pulled him over because of who he is. Not that it excuses his actions. 17 mil, he needs to hire a driver.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:12 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

An abstemious and non addictive driver. A child [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 09-23-2003, 05:16 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Here we go again

Wonder if the cops found any aluminium foil? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2003, 03:21 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here we go again

Gotta love 'Sheed. He just makes the Mavs look that much more angelic. Im glad Nellie has a policy of signing players that have self-control. Sheed may have the best potential of any player in the NBA, but I don't want him. I would be glad to see Portland fail to resign him when he's up.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:17 PM   #7
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default Here we go again

Well said Erica. This guy is such a jackass, I wonder why Portlan has put up with him. He's a good player but it's just not worth it.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:34 PM   #8
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I disagree. I think 'sheed should be brought here on the basis of his wonderful interviews.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:48 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Here we go again

The trail blazers shouldn't be a basketball team they should be a soap opera. I mean fighting among teammates, pot in alumminum foil wrapper Damon Stoudamire, Sheed on pot getting Td , and now driving with an expired license. Next week on the potblazers ruben paterson stays despite his demands and gets a DWI. Well not really but at this rate nothing suprises me about this team.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:37 PM   #10
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default Here we go again

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
The trail blazers shouldn't be a basketball team they should be a soap opera. I mean fighting among teammates, pot in alumminum foil wrapper Damon Stoudamire, Sheed on pot getting Td , and now driving with an expired license. Next week on the potblazers ruben paterson stays despite his demands and gets a DWI. Well not really but at this rate nothing suprises me about this team.
Well said jayC, I can't even stand the Jailblazers anymore. It's getting worse and worse, I think Patterson has a lot of potential and he won't cause as much trouble if Stoudamire is out of the picture. As For Wallace, I'm sure there's some time who would trade a decent guy for Portland. Portland just need to get into a re-building stage and clean up this team.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote