Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice job friends! Well Done!

http://michaelyon-online.com/wp/one-step-forward.htm
Quote:
British soldiers from “4 Rifles” have been heartily welcomed home. Although many people had never heard of the excellent soldiers of 4 Rifles until recently, all of Great Britain seems to know they’ve returned. With all the press they’ve been getting, there has even been press about all the press.

Local police estimated that the crowd of parade viewers reached 10,000, some of whom undoubtedly turned out because of the press. But I’d heard from the soldiers about a special person who would have been a parade of one to greet their return. Before the parades and publicity, the soldiers knew this one person was always with them. While we were out lurking around the Iranian border, several soldiers talked to me about her, saying things like, “Please write something good about her.” They wanted her to know how much they appreciated her many gestures of support, especially the handwritten letters she sent to the wounded soldiers—who numbered over seventy—and their families.
A little more about the special person.
Quote:
His assurance that she is both very sweet and down to earth worked. Besides, I wanted to meet her to tell her one thing. I had come to learn that these soldiers are quick to praise others but reticent on all matters relating to personal or individual acclaim. The famous British reserve is ever strong, and I wondered if it might prevent the men from telling her directly what the soldiers had told me so often. So when the commander introduced me to Lady Camilla and we had our short and very public meeting before all those cameras, I told Lady Camilla that her handwritten letters to the soldiers were very important to them. That I could tell that they were cherished in a way that went beyond polite acknowledgment. In that brief exchange it was clear to this American with no sense of Royalty that her devotion to these soldiers also went beyond the expected call of duty. She had made it a point to know what they were going through and she had made it a point to let them know how valued their service to their country was in her esteem. Once the formal ceremony concluded the press slowly evaporated but she stayed for hours in the gym, spending time talking informally with any and all the soldiers and their families, without an entourage.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-21-2007 at 05:50 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links