Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-13-2001, 11:10 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to start a thread to find out how much ft knows about sports. Everyone can ask him questions and we grade him at the end.

1) Who was the first coach of the Mavs?

2) Where did the Texas Rangers relocate from?

3) What was the name of the first pro football team in Dallas?

4) What sport did the "Juice" play?

5) What is the nickname for the New York Yankees?

Flying Tiger - I have to have your word that you are not cheating.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2001, 11:19 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

He's probably not old enough to know the first 3. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 11:21 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Lets see - he might get them.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:21 PM   #4
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Alright...

1st mavs coach...Dick Motata (something close)
Old 07-13-2001, 11:23 PM   #5
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Rangers relocated from...the nations capital.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:25 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Dallas' first pro football team...Dallas Texans, now the Kansas City Chiefs (my brother is a huge Chiefs' fan)
Old 07-13-2001, 11:27 PM   #7
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

What sport did the "Juice" play...football (OJ and the Bills)
Old 07-13-2001, 11:27 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

I think it's Rob's turn to try and stump him.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:28 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Last one...Yankees nickname...the Bronx Bombers
Old 07-13-2001, 11:29 PM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

5 for 5
Old 07-13-2001, 11:36 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

When did the Rangers and Texans relocate?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 11:51 PM   #12
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Rangers...64,65(close); I couldn't tell you the Texans...62?
Old 07-14-2001, 12:00 AM   #13
MFFL
Guru

What team did Jordan's Bulls beat in the Final to win their first title?
Old 07-14-2001, 12:09 AM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Lakes
Old 07-14-2001, 09:56 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

very impressive...except for the rangers' part..what year did the rangers move to texas.

but, i think the true test of someone's sports knowledge should have more to do with why things happen the way they do...or what strategies should be used...that type of thing.
alot of people can come up with sports trivia,...maybe you should try him on some sports knowledge
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 09:59 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

1) what's the biggest cardinal sin involving third base and baserunning?
2)a runner on first base, 2 outs, full count..what does the runner on first always do?
3)what is the infield fly rule, be specific..
4)what year were walks counted as hits in major league baseball?
5)the black sox, how many of them were banned from baseball?
6)How many perfect games have been thrown in ranger home games? who threw it/them?
7)traditionally speaking, where is a left handed hitters biggest sweet spot?
8)what year did hank greenberg hit 58 home runs?
9)Who holds the Atlanta Braves career all-time home run record?
10)How did the yankees asign numbers back in the 10's-20's?
11)What baseball player led the league in doubles one year, but didn't have enough at-bats to qualify for the batting title?..i'll give you a hint on that one, it's been in the past 20 years

most of these are relatively easy...but, a couple or a bit more challenging
Old 07-14-2001, 06:46 PM   #17
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

biggest cardinal sin involving third base and baserunning...never get thrown out at third with no outs or 2 outs.
Old 07-14-2001, 06:47 PM   #18
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

a runner on first base, 2 outs, full count..what does the runner on first always do...runs
Old 07-14-2001, 06:49 PM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Dude, stop padding your post count. Give all the answers in the same post man.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 06:49 PM   #20
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

what is the infield fly rule...if there are runners on 1st and 2nd base and less than 2 out and the batter pops up to the infield, the batter is automatically and instantly out and the play is over
Old 07-14-2001, 06:56 PM   #21
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

hehehe...ok

what year were walks counted as hits...1887

how many black soxs were banned...8, should have only been 7...poor Joe.

what year did Greenberg hit 58 homeruns...38,39 (close)

Atlanta Braves homerun leader...Hank Aaron (too easy...I probably got that wrong on a technicality)

Still missed a few
Old 07-14-2001, 07:58 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Yea ft..no need to pad that post count now that you're Elite! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:29 PM   #23
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Sweet!
Old 07-15-2001, 12:51 AM   #24
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Damn, how do you guys post so much?

I tried to post more. I raised my average by about one post per day...

At least me and Rob still have our dignity.
Old 07-15-2001, 12:53 AM   #25
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Um, whoops, double-post.
Old 07-15-2001, 09:14 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

dale murphy is the all time atlanta brave homerun king....should have gotten that one from my name.
you're not completely right on the infield fly rule, but i guess it's close enough..
for one thing, the play isn't over..can be an infield fly with the bases loaded...and can be an ifield fly if hit into the outfield (depending on how deep and how routine of a play it would be for an infielder)...but, i'll let it slide
Old 07-15-2001, 09:17 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

6)2, mike witt and kenny rogers threw perfect games
7) low and inside part of the plate
10)by position
11)paul molitor

not bad though
Old 07-15-2001, 06:51 PM   #28
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Crap...I knew the Braves question was too easy. And I forgot about Kenny Rogers perfect game, but I didn't know Mike Witt had one.
Old 07-16-2001, 11:06 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

that's cool..you proved yourself well enough
Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Tiger View Post
Crap...I knew the Braves question was too easy. And I forgot about Kenny Rogers perfect game, but I didn't know Mike Witt had one.
Yeah, I believe Witt's perfect game was on the final day of the season.