Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default What's spinning in your DVD PLAYER? eh? eh?

I have watched two movies this week that I felt were worth mentioning...so, being a good little D-M'er I searched for them first. Neiter registered, so from now, why not make your recommendations in one thread...much like the CD player thread?

Anyway, the reason I had to start this thread was to tell everyone to go rent Sideways. That's a GREAT movie. I've always liked Paul Giamatti, but he was at his best in this. I know this movie generated a lot of Oscar buzz and has probably already been discussed in some obscure thread that I missed, but DANG...I just loved it.

I also watched Closer. Now, this had more to do with my fascination of Natalie Portman. Anything she does...I watch. I was disappointed. The whole movie was unbelievable to me. Two. TWO American women falling for Brits? Sheesh - yeah, right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Seriously, I just thought the whole thing was unrealistic. I HOPE there aren't people out there that actually function remotely close to these 4.

And, even though I saw it a long time ago, I don't think it has been discussed either. Garden State. This movie is gold. Factor in the soundtrack and it goes Platinum. Probably my favorite movie of the last year+. I'm sure you have seen it already, but if you have it..I give it a definite "must rent."

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?