Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #401
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I was slightly let down by "The Science of Sleep," but I had been anticipating its release for months. It was still a pretty good film, but fell short of greatness.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #402
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
I was slightly let down by "The Science of Sleep," but I had been anticipating its release for months. It was still a pretty good film, but fell short of greatness.
oh see, I didnt even know it existed. My fiancée said, he let's go see this movie, and I said ok, whatever...

So I liked it. I already like Gael-whatever-his-name-is from "Y Tu Mama También". But I wouldnt recommend it unless you speak spanish.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #403
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Gael Garcia Bernal is awesome. Both Y Tu Mama and Amores Perros rule.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #404
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I really like "American History X". It would be even better if they cut that utterly ridiculous Ed Norton dunking scene. That was laughable.

never heard of "Science of Sleep", but "Eternal Sunshine" is one of my all-time favorite movies (have two of the movie posters framed above the desk i'm sitting in right now). i'll have to check it out.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #405
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Watched:

Lucky Number Slevin............ Good but nothing great

The Incredibles........Whole lot better than i thought it'd be. That's coming from a person who doesn't like many animated movies.

11:14.......... Kind of like an action/comedy version of Crash. Good movie.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman

Last edited by Nash13; 10-15-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:08 PM   #406
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Easy Rider
The Wild One
Six Feet Under Season 3
Psych Out
The Trip
Fritz The Cat

Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 AM   #407
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

do you recommend Six feet under?

I've never seen it, but I know that Peter Krause is in it, who I have the biggest man crush on from Sports Night....so I'd be interested to see it, if it's worth getting on netflix or something.....
Old 10-16-2006, 12:26 AM   #408
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
do you recommend Six feet under?

I've never seen it, but I know that Peter Krause is in it, who I have the biggest man crush on from Sports Night....so I'd be interested to see it, if it's worth getting on netflix or something.....
Boy, you talk about an about face as far as characters go for that guy in those two shows....

I watched the first season of SFU, when I had HBO for some reason. It was well done but not really my cup of tea. I watched more out of fascination because it was so bizarre, and because of Krause, whome I also had a man crush on from Sports Night, although I always liked Dan more than Casey.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-16-2006 at 12:26 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:51 AM   #409
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Six Feet Under is amazing, and one of my favorite shows of all time. A decent comparison would be American Beauty, since the show was created by Alan Ball. I highly recommend it.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #410
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Incredibles is indeed a great movie. definitely not geared only toward children. lots of adult jokes in there.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:11 PM   #411
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Top Secret

Its in the same vein as airplane, made by the same people. This might actually belong in the underrated movies thread. Anyone else seen it?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:55 AM   #412
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Okay well it's not to dvd yet, but holy cow the departed is greatness
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #413
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Arrested Development season 3

one of the funniest shows ever.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #414
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, i like top secret. back when kilmer did comedies.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #415
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Rebel Without A Cause

Old 10-22-2006, 12:30 AM   #416
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Saw Jagged Edge with Glen Close and Jeff Bridges. For an 80's movie, it was pretty well thought out. Most 80s movies to me are predictable.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 10-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #417
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

blue man group - audio

this is wicked shit. it's like kraftwerk stuff. rock with guitars and no vocals but very drummish. i love it.

EDIT: shit, i thought this was the CD/music thread! uh DVDs.... nothing outstanding but two enjoyable flicks.

i've recently seen "so close" and "three times" - two asian films, one taiwanese and the other from hong kong i presume. both feature shu qi. so close is a pretty cool action flick with three good looking girls that tells of a sibling relationship between a cop-bandit story and is laced with cool action sequences. three times is a pretty cool drama flick with one good looking girl that tells the story of love over three very different time periods.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 10-22-2006 at 04:40 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #418
Nash13
Diamond Member

Running Scared.

I was impressed. Paul Walker shows he's not totally dry. All around good action/thriller.

~The Salesman
Old 10-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #419
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

third season of Arrested Development

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-02-2006, 02:50 AM   #420
Nash13
Diamond Member

North Country.

Good movie i guess. It seemed more like a Lifetime/Oxygen movie. I didn't end up seeing too many movies that were nominated for Oscars last year, so either last year was extremely weak, or all Charlize Theron has to do is show up in a drama to get nominated.

~The Salesman
Old 11-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #421
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Nash,

Last year was a great year for movies. North Country wasn't one of the best, but that doesn't mean it wasn't well-acted.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #422
Nash13
Diamond Member

____________,

All i'm saying is if you're going to nominate her for North Country, then you could nominate her for most of her other dramas.

~The Salesman
Old 11-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #423
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Well, she did win for Monster the year (or two years?) before.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #424
Nash13
Diamond Member

I remember. I forgot how highly the academy thinks of movies about loaded topics.

~The Salesman
Old 11-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #425
Nash13
Diamond Member

Saw III

Just as good as the other two. Seemed to go at a slower pace.

~The Salesman
Old 11-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #426
Nash13
Diamond Member

Saw a couple movies over the Thanksgiving weekend

Mallrats- 1st Kevin Smith movie i've seen. Really funny.

Deja Vu- Something you should wait for dvd.

Bobby- First time i 100% agree with critics. This film has really good intention, but it seemed really dry. Besides William H. Macy was probably the best.

Dodgeball- Funny but not the great comedy it was made out to be.

Freedomland- I bought this a few months ago for $7, and finally watched it. I gave it to my sister for free rather than to say i own it. Most senseless(sp) movie i've seen.

~The Salesman
Old 11-26-2006, 09:58 PM   #427
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Transformers the Movie: 20th Anniversary Special Addition

Last edited by Evilmav2; 11-26-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #428
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

nash, i hear you on dodgeball. i saw that in the theaters, and it was ok. then a little bit later, i saw anchorman. and oh man, the difference was night and day. i was crying laughing during anchorman. dodgeball had a few funny moments.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 11-26-2006 at 10:20 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #429
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Dead Or Alive, And Clerks II. DoA is not that bad for an action flick. Also, I just saw the Transporter 2, and while it's a good action flick...... jeez, they really go overboard on the BS. I mean, I understand the concept of suspended belief, but I lost it with this movie. It goes overboard sometimes.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:22 AM   #430
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I finally finished up the Decalogue. Amazing stuff.

I also saw Babel in theaters about a week ago. Extremely good, but I'm a huge fan of the director. Not quite my favorite movie of 06, but close.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #431
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

For your consideration. Pretty darn hilarious.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #432
sike
The Preacha

X-Files season 3

Old 01-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #433
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Trois Couleurs: Bleu
The Office (US): Seasons 1 and 2
La Dolce Vita
Doctor Zhivago

Old 01-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #434
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

24: Season 5.

getting ready for Day 6 to start next week.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #435
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

I started watching a bunch of dvds I bought that havent gotten around to watching.

Simpsons Season 6- Nothing but classics.
Dave Chappelle Season 2- I can still laugh til my lungs hurt.
Ice Age 2- I enjoyed the first one, and enjoyed this one as well.
Pirates of the Carribean Dead Man's Chest- I remember enjoying the first one, and this one was pretty good.
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #436
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The Illusionist (great story, great ending, loved it)
Children of Men (excellent, those 5 minute long shots are stunning)
Idiocrasy (Funny stuff indeed, very enjoyable)

Of all of those, I'd recommend Children of Men first.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #437
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Children of Men is probably the next movie I'm seeing. I'll probably do it tomorrow.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #438
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Six feet unde season 3..
The Shield season 4...
Lost season 2
Little House on the Prairie - various seasons
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #439
Nash13
Diamond Member

Little Miss Sunshine (i liked other movies last year more than this, but still really good)

Martin 1st season: greatness

Turistas- ahhhhhhhhh.

Dreamgirls- certainly like more movies last year than this. Eddie Murphy finally shows up for a movie this decade. Girl from American Idol stole the show.

~The Salesman
Old 01-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #440
CarolinaJHoFan

CarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enoughCarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enough

The Village 2nd time watching and I still dont understand the whole story. Ill give it one more shot before i return it to blockbuster.
I also have Glory Days
CarolinaJHoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?