Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #81
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

It's supposed to be the best Pixar movie yet, according to critics. But I'm with you, I don't get the appeal of a story about a gourmet chef rat in Paris.

But any animated movie has a chance to do well during the summer. Anything to get the kids out of the house. Couple that with pixar, whose movies always appeal to adults as well, and it should continue to do well.

Thanks for the box office stats on die hard, Nash.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
I think the first Die Hard is the best action movie of all-time, because I really think it was the first successful (critically and financially) popcorn movie with a one-liner-delivering, flawed, reluctant hero who people can't help but love. Is the new one as good as the first? Not by any stretch of my imagination (though everyone is definitely welcome to their own opinion) but is it a really fun action movie with a lot of funny dialogue and cool action scenes? I'd definitely say yes. I'd probably rank the DH movies in this order:
1.) Die Hard
2.) Die Hard With a Vengeance
3.) Live Free or Die Hard
4.) Die Harder (seriously, WTF is up with this movie's story/title? brutality to the max)

with the second movie being a distant fourth. I really enjoyed the new one, despite its noticably frequent overdubbing (likely to ensure that it would get the PG13 rating) and it's something I'll buy on DVD and watch again pretty regularly.

Edit: sorry for how much of a jumbled mess that was.. multitasking leaves my thoughts looking frazzled.
I must say that I really enjoyed the second Die Hard movie... much moreso than the third. Honestly, the first two are in regular rotation as 'default movies' (movies that you watch when there's nothing new to watch). The third movie, I've seen it maybe twice and will probably never see it again.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #83
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Murphy, i actually like the 2nd one as well. I do like the third better. A lot of people hate the 2nd for some reason.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #84
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Watched DH-4 today...

I thought it was great for what it was. Seriously, stop being tampons. DH is supposed to be fun and this was f'ing fun.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #85
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

No doubt I'm gonna watch transformers tonight. I was kinda hesitant to go wait in a crazy midnight line(even though I've been looking foward til this day since I saw the teaser) but the theatre i go to has 4 showtimes starting from 8 til midnight.
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #86
FreakNasty

I just got back from Transformers. I loved transformers growing up, and when I saw all the autobots coming together and taking shape, I would just get chills, not to mention the last fighting sequence...... Oh and the new camaro was a great to watch......... Aside from the action and visuals, the story felt a little dull to me, even though they threw in A LOT of humor. Some funny, and some.....ehhhh
Old 07-03-2007, 01:41 AM   #87
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

transformers = best movie of the year.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #88
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Transformers was awesome. You can enjoy this movie at any age mainly if you're a guy though. Plot with holes larger than the universe but the movie is about attacking alien robots that transform into human vehicles. For pure popcorn pleasure, 10/10. Maybe best popcorn movie ever made after jurassic park.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-03-2007 at 01:50 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 AM   #89
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Knocked Up was the shit!

Gonna try to catch Transformers on the 4th.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #90
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I want to see Transformers tonight. The problem is that I don't know any other TF fans - is it really that sad if I see a late-night blockbuster by myself?
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #91
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I might hold out for go-bots to make a movie.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #92
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I might hold out for go-bots to make a movie.
I'm not sure if thats an attempt to make fun, but we had Pirates 3, Spider man 3 and Fantastic Four 2 this summer....that is ridiculous. Transformers is AT LEAST, a first installment. Something new, finally. He Man and Go-bots probably will come around too. I'd rather have childhood cartoons rather than sequel after sequel of raped comic book movies. That goes for movies about surfing penguins, too.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM   #93
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I might be in the minority here, but I honestly think Transformers was the worst movie I've seen in a long time..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #94
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I might be in the minority here, but I honestly think Transformers was the worst movie I've seen in a long time..
Compared to what though? It's better than Spiderman 3 which is its direct competition.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #95
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
I'm not sure if thats an attempt to make fun, but we had Pirates 3, Spider man 3 and Fantastic Four 2 this summer....that is ridiculous. Transformers is AT LEAST, a first installment. Something new, finally. He Man and Go-bots probably will come around too. I'd rather have childhood cartoons rather than sequel after sequel of raped comic book movies. That goes for movies about surfing penguins, too.
Not at all. I'm a gobots man. Me and my brothers used to get into fist fights over gobots v. transformers (they are a couple years younger than me), and gobots won every time (cause I used to be bigger than them).

of course I am going to see transformers Thursday, and I'm geeked for it. But if they relesed a gobots movie, I'd go see it (He-man, maybe not so much, but Thundarr, now that would be cool. I would buy a Thundarr movie without seeing it first. A G-Force movie would kick butt! Even now, I drool at the thought of a live action Starblazers or Robotech.) Just think what they could do with a Gobots movie.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #96
FreakNasty

On the subject of transformers, did anyone catch that preview of that movie which has a guy recording a going away party, then all of a sudden the electricity goes out, things start exploding, and u can hear a distinct roar. Then at the end of it, the head of the statue of liberty crashes near them? I thought I just missed the title, but I can hear others in the audience sayin whats the name of it? i know it comes out january of 2008. I was thinking godzilla, but a remake of that was released already.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #97
FreakNasty

Nevermind, did a little research, the movie is called Cloverfield.

Cloverfield Teaser Update June 29, 2007
by Anthony Pascale

We have another follow-up on the rumors of a JJ Abrams teaser trailer running with Transformers (opening wide July 2). It is confirmed that there is a trailer, but it is definately not for his new Star Trek movie. In actuality it is for the mysterious JJ Abrams horror/monster movie project called ‘Cloverfield’ (possibly just a codename) which we reported on in February. People at Paramount still will not talk on the record but sources tell TrekMovie.com that the buzz about the film is all part of a kind of viral marketing push. Cloverfieldmovie.com was redirecting to Paramount, but now it is not anymore (the domain was purchased earlier this year shortly before word of the project was first leaked). Apparently Abrams will produce the film, but there is no word yet on a director. AICN reports Drew Goddard (Buffy, Angel, Alias, Lost) is writing.

That teaser looked badassssssssssss
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #98
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Compared to what though? It's better than Spiderman 3 which is its direct competition.
I don't think Spiderman 3 was its "direct competition" at all because TF was more of a scifi movie than a comic book movie, not to mention the fact that Spiderman 3 opened like two months earlier..

I just flat out think this movie sucked. Sure, the visuals were nice, but they seemed really repetitive, and mostly with camera angles that were too tight to see everything that was going on. Not to mention the fact that there was WAY too much comedy (way more comedy than action) and most, if not all, of the dialogue was really, really bad. Shia Labeuf (or whatever) had the only really good performance in the entire movie, and there were way too many characters, and I hardly cared about any of them.

Optimus Prime had two or three really awesome lines (most of them taken from the old cartoons, verbatim) but Duhamel's "You're a soldier, now" and Megan Fox's "I don't ever regret meeting you" lines were absolutely atrocious, and elicited a groan of disappointment from the entire audience (this being during an early screening of the movie, in theory full of people that were willing to turn their brains off and enjoy the movie). I actually at first thought Michael Bay was going to knock this one right out of the park (for whatever reason) but I'm now convinced that just about any other director could have done a better job.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #99
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think Spiderman 3 was its "direct competition" at all because TF was more of a scifi movie than a comic book movie, not to mention the fact that Spiderman 3 opened like two months earlier..

I just flat out think this movie sucked. Sure, the visuals were nice, but they seemed really repetitive, and mostly with camera angles that were too tight to see everything that was going on. Not to mention the fact that there was WAY too much comedy (way more comedy than action) and most, if not all, of the dialogue was really, really bad. Shia Labeuf (or whatever) had the only really good performance in the entire movie, and there were way too many characters, and I hardly cared about any of them.

Optimus Prime had two or three really awesome lines (most of them taken from the old cartoons, verbatim) but Duhamel's "You're a soldier, now" and Megan Fox's "I don't ever regret meeting you" lines were absolutely atrocious, and elicited a groan of disappointment from the entire audience (this being during an early screening of the movie, in theory full of people that were willing to turn their brains off and enjoy the movie). I actually at first thought Michael Bay was going to knock this one right out of the park (for whatever reason) but I'm now convinced that just about any other director could have done a better job.
I'm going to say it again

tranformers = best movie of the year.

Contact Me
Old 07-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #100
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Like who? I mean Spielberg produced it so obviously he thought Bay had something. In fact, he though Bay was the only one to do it with his passion for transformers. The movie was all about badass robots and action and it delivers three bags full.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #101
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Not at all. I'm a gobots man. Me and my brothers used to get into fist fights over gobots v. transformers (they are a couple years younger than me), and gobots won every time (cause I used to be bigger than them).

of course I am going to see transformers Thursday, and I'm geeked for it. But if they relesed a gobots movie, I'd go see it (He-man, maybe not so much, but Thundarr, now that would be cool. I would buy a Thundarr movie without seeing it first. A G-Force movie would kick butt! Even now, I drool at the thought of a live action Starblazers or Robotech.) Just think what they could do with a Gobots movie.
Without all the gobot love, I would ask you to marry me...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #102
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

What does Megatron transform into?
Old 07-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #103
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Transformers has gotten some damn good reviews so far.... I can't wait to go see it... It's right in my childhood wheelhouse of the early to mid 80's....
Old 07-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #104
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

The Auto-Bots defeat the evil Director Bay.

Despite all his best efforts to destroy this movie, the Transformers emerge victorious over a flimsy plot and cheesy dialog.

There are places in the movie where you don't know if Bay will win and ruin yet another franchise, but by sticking closely to the characters from the 80's cartoon the spirit of the original series shines through.

Optimus Prime gives plenty of patriotic speeches and the fun aspect of the Auto-bots, the banter, the ribbing each other help give the Transformers a likability. Even a scene where Megatron bitches at Starscream.

I won't even go into the action scenes other than they do not disappoint.

Overall I give it a solid 4 out of 5. Not a strong 4 but a 4 nonetheless.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #105
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Transformers has gotten some damn good reviews so far.... I can't wait to go see it... It's right in my childhood wheelhouse of the early to mid 80's....

Haha, don't read Eonline's review then. That guy didn't even see the movie. He claims there is not one good action scene in the whole movie......

Old 07-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #106
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Like who? I mean Spielberg produced it so obviously he thought Bay had something. In fact, he though Bay was the only one to do it with his passion for transformers. The movie was all about badass robots and action and it delivers three bags full.

So the fact that Speilberg produced it magically turns Michael Bay into anything but a hack director? I don't think so..
Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #107
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
So the fact that Speilberg produced it magically turns Michael Bay into anything but a hack director? I don't think so..
No, but obviously you gave up on Michael Bay before you watched the movie....which is pretty much the excuse anyone who didn't like the movie uses. If you watched the cartoon, then the movie satisfied.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:38 AM   #108
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I'm going to say it again

tranformers = best movie of the year.

Grindhouse = best movie of the year

Transformer = surprsing movie of the year

Me and everybody i know who has good taste in movies thought it was going to suck. I was so shocked how good Transformers was. Fantastic action movie.

Order of best movies so far:

1. Grindhouse
2. Transformers
3. Pirates of the Caribbean 3
4. Knocked Up
5. 300
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #109
Nemesis
Diamond Member

What does Megatron transform into?

Not a double post you no reading my posts bastards!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #110
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

go see the movie and find out!

i haven't seen it yet. Probably catch it this weekend...
Old 07-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #111
alby
Guru

The dialogue was cheesy yes. But it went hand in hand with the original Transformers in the 80s. It was perfect.

I haven't seen Grindhouse so Transformers = best movie of the year

Contact Me
Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #112
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, but obviously you gave up on Michael Bay before you watched the movie....which is pretty much the excuse anyone who didn't like the movie uses. If you watched the cartoon, then the movie satisfied.

I would venture to guess that I watched as much, if not more, of the original cartoon as anyone else on these boards.. and I actually defended Bay a number of times to my friends who (correctly) assumed the movie would be no good based on his past movies. I actually really liked "The Rock" a lot (despite the fact that I hate both Nick Cage and Connery) so I had no prejudice against Bay at all.. until I saw this turd of a movie. Now I completely loathe the man.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #113
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I would venture to guess that I watched as much, if not more, of the original cartoon as anyone else on these boards.. and I actually defended Bay a number of times to my friends who (correctly) assumed the movie would be no good based on his past movies. I actually really liked "The Rock" a lot (despite the fact that I hate both Nick Cage and Connery) so I had no prejudice against Bay at all.. until I saw this turd of a movie. Now I completely loathe the man.

What did you loathe so much about the movie? Its a bunch of robots who transform and kick ass. Did that not satisfy you?

Old 07-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #114
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Anyone who didn't enjoy their time at the theater watching "Transformers" doesn't deserve the right to go to the movies. I'm as big of a Transformers fan as anybody (though, to be honest, I'm a Beast Wars guy more than a G1 guy), and this movie was purely fantastic cinema. Wonderful.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #115
spreedom
Diamond Member

Well, I think the movie was a stinker.. and that's still my opinion. It doesn't mean I don't know how to enjoy myself at movies, or that I'm not a big fan of the old Transformers TV show.. it just means that I think the movie was a swing-and-a-miss. Tough, if some people can't accept my opinion.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #116
Murphy3
Guru

The Rata something movie was the best movie I've seen this year at the movies by far...
Old 07-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #117
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The Rata something movie was the best movie I've seen this year at the movies by far...
If you are talking about Ratatouille I agree. Fine piece of work from Pixar, like most always.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #118
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Well, I think the movie was a stinker.. and that's still my opinion. It doesn't mean I don't know how to enjoy myself at movies, or that I'm not a big fan of the old Transformers TV show.. it just means that I think the movie was a swing-and-a-miss. Tough, if some people can't accept my opinion.
Well I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, another poster did. I'm genuinely asking what you didn't like about the movie? You have yet to give any reason to why you didn't like it is all I'm asking.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #119
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw ratatouille.... Couldn't quite reccomend it.

Dang...almost spoilers... It disturbed me on a deep seated fear level.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-05-2007 at 11:23 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #120
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Transformers is good for fans of the franchise. I give it a B.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
someone stoled shag's cat