Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Superman/Batman (World's Finest) movie announced

http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-snyder...s/#more-185697
Quote:
NEXT DC SUPER HERO MOVIE IN PRE-PRODUCTION
Director Zack Snyder Unites Superman and Batman in One Explosive New Film

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 – On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”
They just revealed this logo at the San Diego Comic Con about half an hour ago. Henry Cavill is returning as Superman (along with Lawrence Fishbourne, Amy Adams and Diane Lane) and we will presumably have a new actor portraying Batman. This will be, according to Zack Snyder, effectively the sequel to Man of Steel.

I'm really excited for this news, though I wasn't a big fan of Man of Steel. I'm hoping DC pulls off a Hail Mary and finds a way to keep Christian Bale as Batman, though it sounds like the chances of that are basically nil.

Last edited by spreedom; 07-20-2013 at 04:10 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Win.

Much smarter than jumping head first into a Justice League movie or trying to copy Marvel's solo buildup approach.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh.... If Zack Snyder and David Goyer had one ounce of brains and/or talent between them, I might be slightly eager to see this movie. Unfortunately, they're both worthless hacks that have managed to be successful in Hollywood by A: riding the coattails of real artists, and B: pandering to the masses of mindless movie goers who are bigger idiots than they are.

And F*CK NO to Christian Bale as Batman. It's bad enough we get a sequel to that pile of donkey sh*t that came out last month. Dragging Batman into it is even more insulting. The only thing even more insulting than that would be to try to "tie in" this sh*t sandwich with Nolan's amazing Batman trilogy.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-21-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Ugh.... If Zack Snyder and David Goyer had one ounce of brains and/or talent between them, I might be slightly eager to see this movie. Unfortunately, they're both worthless hacks that have managed to be successful in Hollywood by A: riding the coattails of real artists, and B: pandering to the masses of mindless movie goers who are bigger idiots than they are.

And F*CK NO to Christian Bale as Batman. It's bad enough we get a sequel to that pile of donkey sh*t that came out last month. Dragging Batman into it is even more insulting. The only thing even more insulting than that would be to try to "tie in" this sh*t sandwich with Nolan's amazing Batman trilogy.
Interesting point about Bale.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully they'll inject some "fun" into this. The dark and gritty stuff is getting old. There was nothing at all fun about that new Superman.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Hopefully they'll inject some "fun" into this. The dark and gritty stuff is getting old. There was nothing at all fun about that new Superman.
You better stick with the Marvel movies then - there's nothing "fun" about DC comics... Not in the last 30 years, anyway.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't think I can stand batman with that disgusting growling voice again. Gosh...that is a whip for 2-3 hours. Just talk dude...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Huge, huge fan of the last 3 batman movies..
Old 07-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well the dark knight with the joker is right up there with one of the best movies I've ever seen.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

This is supposed to be the sequel to Man of Steel. With that in mind, I really don't like this decision. If the Batman trilogy was able to stand alone and do its own thing, why can't Superman do that?

That really rubs me the wrong way. If you're going to do this Superman vs Batman as its own little thing, then I would be fine with it. That doesn't appear to be the case though. Let this Superman world work on its own some more.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
This is supposed to be the sequel to Man of Steel. With that in mind, I really don't like this decision. If the Batman trilogy was able to stand alone and do its own thing, why can't Superman do that?

That really rubs me the wrong way. If you're going to do this Superman vs Batman as its own little thing, then I would be fine with it. That doesn't appear to be the case though. Let this Superman world work on its own some more.
I think it's supposed to act as more of a bridge between Man of Steel and Justice League, but I agree that they should have given Superman a proper sequel first... Marvel tried to do the same thing with Iron Man 2, and, though it set up some stuff for The Avengers, it didn't work at all as an Iron Man sequel.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-26-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think it's supposed to act as more of a bridge between Man of Steel and Justice League, but I agree that they should have given Superman a proper sequel first.
Well, I know you didn't like it, but I would have just gone the Marvel route and make those stand alone films. Outside of Hulk, those movies were good and did a nice job of adding depth and made that Avengers movie better.

I wanted to see a stand-alone sequel to "Man of Steel" to further explore Superman's character in this new cinematic version, before seeing any of the other DC heroes come into play.

Now we'll never truly be able to measure the success of this new Superman franchise, because we've only been given the one stand-alone movie. Even if this next movie is truly a sequel to "Man of Steel" (with Batman as a support character), the film's (likely) financial success will always be attributed to the inclusion of Batman.

If it's supposed to be a Superman sequel, why tease a storyline that makes Batman appear to be the dominant figure?

This as a sequel: bad idea
This as a stand alone that works toward the JL movie: good idea, but the timing isn't very good.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, I wonder what cafe they're going to film this in!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 07-26-2013 at 11:24 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
If it's supposed to be a Superman sequel, why tease a storyline that makes Batman appear to be the dominant figure?
To reboot Batman, duh! You can't expect Superman to think of creating a singularity inside earth's atmosphere on his own, can you?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Well, I know you didn't like it, but I would have just gone the Marvel route and make those stand alone films. Outside of Hulk, those movies were good and did a nice job of adding depth and made that Avengers movie better.

I wanted to see a stand-alone sequel to "Man of Steel" to further explore Superman's character in this new cinematic version, before seeing any of the other DC heroes come into play.

Now we'll never truly be able to measure the success of this new Superman franchise, because we've only been given the one stand-alone movie. Even if this next movie is truly a sequel to "Man of Steel" (with Batman as a support character), the film's (likely) financial success will always be attributed to the inclusion of Batman.

This as a sequel: bad idea
This as a stand alone that works toward the JL movie: good idea, but the timing isn't very good.
I think the fact that there's only one stand alone Superman movie from this reboot should tell you all you need to know about the success of the new Superman franchise.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I think the fact that there's only one stand alone Superman movie from this reboot should tell you all you need to know about the success of the new Superman franchise.
It's not that black and white of an issue. If it was a monetary bomb, then your point would hold water.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

They don't believe that a sequel can stand on it's own so they're bringing in help... just my opinion..but the first was a bit of a flop as far as public opinion.. don't think they want to risk a 2nd installment without serious help.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-27-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

So... this just happened.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...man-man-612907
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

um..... what?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Honestly, I'm THRILLED about Ben Affleck being Batman. (Seriously. I'm not being ironic or sarcastic.) The movie is going to suck balls anyway, so I don't care who it is- as long as it's NOT Christian Bale and the "Dark Knight" trilogy isn't tainted by its inevitable suckage. I'd be happy if Carrot Top was Batman.

Ben Affleck is the PERFECT choice for what I want to happen to this movie. Seriously. You see, I want this movie to utterly fail. Affleck may be the only actor in Hollywood that immediately inspires so much intense immediate dislike from this movie's target audience (males.) My only fear is that the studio will be scared off by the overwhelmingly negative reaction from the internet, cancel the deal and pursue Christian Bale even harder.

I'm overjoyed. I only wish they weren't keeping the other (good) actors from Man of Steel. The worse casting the better. My ideal cast for the "Man of Steel" sequel- I want Keanu Reeves as Superman, Miley Cyrus as Lois Lane, James Franco as Lex Luthor, and Justin Bieber as Robin, with Halle Berry reprising her role as Catwoman. For Alfred Pennyworth, get a truly great actor. Laurence Olivier, Charlton Heston, Paul Newman.... Doesn't matter who- as long as they're dead. Do a whole "Weekend at Bernie's" thing.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 08-22-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #21
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

Old 08-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #22
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

You know this is inevitable.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #23
Underdog

I'd rather see Affleck direct and Snyder play Batman...

Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #24
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Also Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor, which is actually awesome
Old 08-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #25
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
They don't believe that a sequel can stand on it's own so they're bringing in help... just my opinion..but the first was a bit of a flop as far as public opinion.. don't think they want to risk a 2nd installment without serious help.
"Bit of a flop"? Lol.

$650M global box office--quite literally the only form of "public opinion" any big-studio executive gives two you-know-whats about.

(For the record, I thought the movie was pretty bad. Unfortunately, my views don't reflect public opinion, and execs don't care what I think.)

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

You know, after thinking about Affleck in the role, I've come to realize I don;t like ANY of the previous batmans (including bale).

Clooney (at the time) was probably the best fit looks-wise for Bruce Wayne, but of course the movie was comical. Bale was probably the best batman, but good god the voice he used. ugh. Never liked it.

I think the issue is my view of batman is so tied to the Animated series, that no actor really matches that image and especially the Conroy voice.

I honestly can't think of an actor today who can fit that mold. Maybe if they had gone with a relative unknown (like cavill).

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-27-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
bobdole22

bobdole22 has a spectacular aura aboutbobdole22 has a spectacular aura about

Check out the reactions to Ben Affleck and this movie here: http://marveldcforum.com/index.php?topic=1429.0

Freaking hilarious.

Stop trying to luck out in free agency like the Heat and built a team the right way.

bobdole22 is offline   Reply With Quote