Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2001, 11:31 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN.com
Tuesday, August 14, 2001
Rockets awaiting Rice's medical results
Associated Press

HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets postponed a news conference to introduce new acquisition Glen Rice on Tuesday because team doctors weren't finished reviewing his medical records.

Rockets spokesman Tim Frank said physicians were taking longer than expected to examine results of Rice's physical.

A foot injury forced Rice to miss much practice time last season with the New York Knicks. He played in 75 games and started 25. His scoring average, 19.5 points per game for his 12-year NBA career, dropped to 12 points per game last season.

Houston acquired the three-time All-Star in a three-team trade Friday that also involved the Knicks and Dallas Mavericks.

Howard Eisley went from Dallas to New York, Shandon Anderson went from the Rockets to the Knicks and Muggsy Bogues went to the Mavericks from New York.

Rice arrived in Houston on Monday to take his physical.

"Right now it's still up in the air," Rice, discussing the health of his foot, told Houston television station KRIV Monday. "I haven't had the opportunity to get out there and do any pounding on it to gauge if it's better. Over the next couple of days, I hope to get out there and tell whether it's gotten a lot better.

"I think there is still pain but I think I can play through it. At the same time I want to get it as close to 100 percent as possible."
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote