Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 'Thank you' to Eddie Najera thread.

Eddie thank you for the good time...the bad times... You will be missed. Oh yes, you will be missed.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The 'Thank you' to Eddie Najera thread.

bye, thanks for Dampier.

seriously, I did appreciate his hard working style.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Najera and thanks Murph for starting this thread
Old 08-17-2004, 09:13 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The 'Thank you' to Eddie Najera thread.

Isn't it fitting that I start this thread? I can honestly say that there isn't a player on the team that I dislike for the first time in quite awhile.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to miss ya, big guy.

I'll miss your hustle, your antics (like playing without a shoe), but most of all I'm going to miss the hissy fits that power forwards had when they played you.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:16 PM   #6
f l u r p

f l u r p is on a distinguished road

Feel the power of Najera / Taste the flavor of Najera / See the passion of Najera / Hear the wisdom of Najera / Touch the monkey of Najera...

Thanks Eddie!
f l u r p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:17 PM   #7
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

how can you not like najera. Sure, he isnt much of a talent but you have to respect his harkworking type game. The guy had style... nobody got a bigger applause when they came in the game than eddie-energy.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:17 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Bye bye 8th man off the bench.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:19 PM   #9
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

actually very sad to see him go. one of the few holdovers left from the pre-playoff Mavs (fin, dirk, and shawn remain). i'm very loyal to those who have been with the mavs good times and bad, which is why i want both fin and shawn to remain with the team.

only thing about najera was that i met him at a bar once the night he signed his big contract. guess he was celebrating. i tried to ask him a question, but he just rolled his eyes at me. i was very offended but then i had to also hear my ex-girlfriend talk about how hot he was the whole night.

besides that, thanks for all the good memories eddie.

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:19 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Najera, you were perhaps the most overrated player to wear a uniform for the Mavs since the turn of the century, but I did appreciate the entertaining commercials that you provided.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:20 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm surprised murph hasn't lamented the loss of the hair grease endorsements yet.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:22 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

i can guarantee the word "viva" will be in less usage now.....how sad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:23 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Charlie Brown
actually very sad to see him go. one of the few holdovers left from the pre-playoff Mavs (fin, dirk, and shawn remain). i'm very loyal to those who have been with the mavs good times and bad, which is why i want both fin and shawn to remain with the team.
Are you sure he was here for the pre-playoff mavs? He spent four years with the Mavs. In year one, the Mavs made it to the second round and lost to the Spurs. In year two, the Mavs made it to the second round and lost to the Kings. In year three, the Mavs made it to the Western Conference Finals and lost to the Spurs. Last year, the Mavs lost in the first round to the Kings.

Unless you consider last year the bad times, I don't think Najera was around much for the real 'bad' times.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:24 PM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

At the very least he got us the best centre in the west .
Old 08-17-2004, 09:27 PM   #15
fin4life

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Yoa ming is the best center in the west... no question
Old 08-17-2004, 09:30 PM   #16
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

Are you sure he was here for the pre-playoff mavs? He spent four years with the Mavs. In year one, the Mavs made it to the second round and lost to the Spurs. In year two, the Mavs made it to the second round and lost to the Kings. In year three, the Mavs made it to the Western Conference Finals and lost to the Spurs. Last year, the Mavs lost in the first round to the Kings.

Unless you consider last year the bad times, I don't think Najera was around much for the real 'bad' times.

damn, is that right? it seems like he's been here forever. well, i'll still miss him. i personally feel that he was underrated and poorly utilized by nelson. won't go into the details. he's not a maverick anymore.

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:30 PM   #17
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Where's Sweets?

We'll miss you, Eddie.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:31 PM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Yoa ming is the best center in the west... no question
I keep forgetting Yao plays in the west. I rephrase my quote: Atleast he brought back potentially best center in mavs history.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:36 PM   #19
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Murph...never understood your hate for Eddie...of course, I don't live in Dallas.

To me, he didn't play enough....just like the Mantis. Good things always happened when he was on the court. Of course...this is a great trade.

Dampier, Dirk, Josh, Quis, and Terry (Harris), with the the FinDog coming off the bench....that...

is a very good lineup.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

God bless Eduardo Najera.

I wouldn't get too sentimental just yet, though. Or too pleased, as the case may be. I'd say it's a much better than zero chance that Eddie dons the Mavericks blue again before his career is out. So many trades yet to happen. So many trades...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:40 PM   #21
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Where's Sweets?
I feel bad for sweets. It sucks when your favorite player is traded.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:42 PM   #22
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

God Bless Eduardo Najera for being the only player to put out 100% all year despite crappy playing time. Hopefully, sometime soon, video game designers will stop making you so crappy on their games.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame to see Eddie go. Nobody ever got under Yao and Webber's skins the way he did, and his hustling game was sometimes a thing of beauty when he was healthy.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:48 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Juwan Howard....NVE....Eddie Najera...who's next?
Old 08-17-2004, 10:03 PM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Najera....however, if Dackau is involved in the trade....it would be a month before it can go through? Why would it be announced 1 month before it could happen? Don't you think that maybe the trade could potentially fall apart before then?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Am I wrong to think that N'awlins will be in the West next year? If so Magloire and Dampier are tied in my book (because they are basically the same player) so we will have at least a top 3 center position- I put as at 2 because New Orleans has no one beyond Magloire.

Houston- Ming/Mutombo (?)
Dallas- Dampier/Booth/Bradley/M'Benga/Ppod
New Orleans- Magloire/ ?
Sacramento- B. Miller/G. Ostertag/Jabari Smith (?)
San Antonio- Nesterovic/Sean Marks/Kevin Willis (?)
Minnesota- Kandi/Johnson/O. Miller
Lakers- Mihm/Divac/Grant/Medvedenko/H. Grant
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:14 PM   #27
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Am I wrong to think that N'awlins will be in the West next year? If so Magloire and Dampier are tied in my book (because they are basically the same player) so we will have at least a top 3 center position- I put as at 2 because New Orleans has no one beyond Magloire.

Houston- Ming/Mutombo (?)
Dallas- Dampier/Booth/Bradley/M'Benga/Ppod
New Orleans- Magloire/ ?
Sacramento- B. Miller/G. Ostertag
San Antonio- Nesterovic/Sean Marks
Minnesota- Kandi/Johnson
Lakers- Mihm/Grant

You Forget that the Lakers have Vlade......Depth wise, we win at the center position with Sacramento coming in second. It's tough on who has the best center in the west. I say Ming, Damp, Magloire in that order.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:16 PM   #28
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to Eddie. I will miss his hustle.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:25 PM   #29
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I will miss the energy Najera brought to the floor. It's a shame they couldn't find more minutes for him this past season.

However, it's not all a loss for me. I'll enjoy watching him bring his game to the Warriors.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:30 PM   #30
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

He was the first Mav I considered my favorite player. He was never a star, but always hustled and played with a lot of heart. I really hope he gets a good amount of playing time next season and does well, except for the 4 times he will play the Mavs. I also REALLY hope he stays injury free!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:39 PM   #31
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to Eddie! Some of you may question his game, but you can't say he wasn't the most hard working guy on this team.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:47 PM   #32
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

It sucks to lose Eddie, from a fan/fun perspective, but this is a good move from a basketball perspective.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:56 PM   #33
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I always liked Eddie, but he was never the same after his surgery. Only so much you can do on hustle only. I'll miss the hustle & the heart, but he was barely playing here. Maybe he can use the change in scenery.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:57 PM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Juwan Howard....NVE....Eddie Najera...who's next?
I seem to remember last offseason you were working on getting Najera off the team and then you were going to turn your focus on getting me banned from the board. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

A BIG thanks to Najera. I always enjoyed watching you get on Webber's nerves.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:04 PM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

"Thanks, Mavericks!"
Old 08-17-2004, 11:36 PM   #36
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Go and Kick some ass in Golden State, show the "Janitor" what hussle is supposed to look like.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:41 PM   #37
fin4life

Quote:
Originally posted by: samoan-maverick
Go and Kick some ass in Golden State, show the "Janitor" what hussle is supposed to look like.
the "Janitor" plays for memphis now... he signed for the MLE
Old 08-17-2004, 11:47 PM   #38
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

I was talking about the Janitor who works at the Arena........DUH.....

Damnnnnnnnn Fin why you gotta make me look stupid.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:48 PM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm gonna miss Eddie. He brought something to this team no one else did with the exception of maybe Howard. When you put Eddie in the game this guys hustle rubbed off on the rest of his teammates. Howard has this same quality. I hope it's as effective as Najera's because we are going to need it. Good luck Najera.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:49 PM   #40
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

thanks for your hustle plays and energy sparks

come back soon (if Esch, L8, and Booth can make it back...)

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote