Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

How many minutes does everyone see Brand playing? I mentioned on another site that he could play 30+ minutes and got a lot of dissenting opinions.

I feel like he's going to get 10-13 minutes at PF, and around 20 minutes at center. Even if the averages, say 18 minutes a center during the normal rotation (which I think is low), his minutes will go way up if Kaman goes through injury issues.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
How many minutes does everyone see Brand playing? I mentioned on another site that he could play 30+ minutes and got a lot of dissenting opinions.

I feel like he's going to get 10-13 minutes at PF, and around 20 minutes at center. Even if the averages, say 18 minutes a center during the normal rotation (which I think is low), his minutes will go way up if Kaman goes through injury issues.
I think Dirk/Brand/Kaman will be around 30 minutes. Likely the same what RC did with Butler/Marion/Dirk when they were healthy at the start of 2010-11. Wright to fill in the other minutes or Marion and at the end you ride with who's hot next to Dirk.

Last edited by Kante; 07-18-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Personally, I've expected Brand to get 30-32 mpg... Kaman will probably be about the same. Dirk will probably see his minutes reduce down to 32-33 or so.

Some might depend upon Wright. If the Mavs can reduce Kaman and Brand to the 27-28 mpg range, that might help to keep both of them fresher. Kaman has a decent injury history.. Brand isn't getting any younger. If Wright allows the Mavs to get away with reducing Kaman and Brand's minutes, then the Mavs would probably love to do so. And let's be honest, it's very possible that Dirk's minutes are right back at around the 34-35mpg mark.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-18-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Personally, I've expected Brand to get 30-32 mpg... Kaman will probably be about the same. Dirk will probably see his minutes reduce down to 32-33 or so.
This is about what I'm hoping for. Dirk playing 32minutes will be a great sign that the other guys (Mayo, DC, Kaman, Brand) are carrying their load.

Quote:
Some might depend upon Wright. If the Mavs can reduce Kaman and Brand to the 27-28 mpg range, that might help to keep both of them fresher. Kaman has a decent injury history.. Brand isn't getting any younger. If Wright allows the Mavs to get away with reducing Kaman and Brand's minutes, then the Mavs would probably love to do so. And let's be honest, it's very possible that Dirk's minutes are right back at around the 34-35mpg mark.
If Wright is almost a forgotten man, I'm fine with that. If Carlisle feels he can contribute, I'm fine with that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-18-2012 at 11:29 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

30+ isn't unreasonable at all, IMO. Elton's a better player than Chris, who, even if he's healthy and playing well, isn't likely to be a heavy minute guy. And they're not going to run Dirk into the ground, either. I do think Shawn will continue to get PF minutes, both to allow Rick to take advantage of some of his backcourt speed, and to make a little room for Vince and to a lesser extent Crowder at SF, and that'll help keep Elton's minutes down somewhat. But in tight, important games, I suspect Elton will be the go-to center more often than not, and his minute totals should reflect that.

Tags
4th seed or bust, big cocks, booster for the rooster, cockadoodledont!, cockadoodledoo!, cubes > russia., let's talk about roosters, let's talk about russia, let's talk about sex, wests side story