Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #281
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Jet should not complain. He played exactly like Roddy when he was younger and probably cost us the 06 championship with his 2-11 3pt shooting in game 6.

Last edited by markus1234; 01-08-2012 at 08:09 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #282
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Saw roddy jack up a bad shot with jet wide open on the wing in the fourth I believe. Everyone in the arena ( or my section )'were yelling "jet".

Roddy jacks up a shot, misses it and the Nola goes the other way and scores. Jet could have burned holes in roddy. Roddy headed straight to the bench away Carlisle.

I think jet may have avoided slapping hands with him next time, he was disgusted. It was shocking that roddy didn't see him, I expect he was intent on shooting it.
I think you're misremembering something. Prior to garbage time Booby had two missed shots that turned into points on the other end for NO, and both of those were on drives into the lane. There was one heat-check three pointer that he shot and missed earlier in the third after a sequence in which he recorded one steal, five points, and an assist in a little 7-2 mini-run. The Hornets failed to score on their next possession, though, and Booby stayed in the game until the end of the quarter, even after a NO time-out that followed shortly on the heels of his ill-advised three-point heave.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #283
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Jet should not complain. He played exactly like Roddy when he was younger and probably cost us the 06 championship with his 2-11 3pt shooting in game 6.
Roddy dreams of playing like jet. He has many, many miles to go to get to 2006 jet.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #284
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I think you're misremembering something. Prior to garbage time Booby had two missed shots that turned into points on the other end for NO, and both of those were on drives into the lane. There was one heat-check three pointer that he shot and missed earlier in the third after a sequence in which he recorded one steal, five points, and an assist in a little 7-2 mini-run. The Hornets failed to score on their next possession, though, and Booby stayed in the game until the end of the quarter, even after a NO time-out that followed shortly on the heels of his ill-advised three-point heave.
I may have missed the hand action, but I didn't miss him completely ignoring jet when jet was wide open on the side. And jets disgusted attitude about it,
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #285
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I may have missed the hand action, but I didn't miss him completely ignoring jet when jet was wide open on the side. And jets disgusted attitude about it,
Just putting the play in context. He wasn't all bad out there, and is usually considerably better than a casual reader of your comments about him would likely imagine him to be. That said, it was obviously a shot he shouldn't have taken. He got cocky and made a dumb play. I'm not sure what JET's reaction has to do with evaluating Booby's play, though. That seems more like a topic for a discussion about whether JET was being the mature veteran leader he should be in that situation.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #286
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yes...but that wasn't the point I was addressing. So much like Dirk's foul, your post is unnecessary.
Yeah, you're really butthurt... Negative repping due to criticism of Dirk... I feel sorry for ya

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #287
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Just putting the play in context. He wasn't all bad out there, and is usually considerably better than a casual reader of your comments about him would likely imagine him to be. That said, it was obviously a shot he shouldn't have taken. He got cocky and made a dumb play. I'm not sure what JET's reaction has to do with evaluating Booby's play, though. That seems more like a topic for a discussion about whether JET was being the mature veteran leader he should be in that situation.
Gc...the Mavs vets have seen roddy before...they saw him before the playoff run. I know they wish he would learn to play basketball but their time is running out and they don't have a lot of patience for a 3 year veteran who still plays like he doesn't know the game.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:34 AM   #288
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Gc...the Mavs vets have seen roddy before...they saw him before the playoff run. I know they wish he would learn to play basketball but their time is running out and they don't have a lot of patience for a 3 year veteran who still plays like he doesn't know the game.
They saw him playing through an injury before the playoffs.

And calling Booby a three year veteran is like like calling Blake Griffin a three year veteran.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 01-11-2012 at 01:34 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #289
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And calling Booby a three year veteran is like like calling Blake Griffin a three year veteran.
What, is Griffin struggling?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #290
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
What, is Griffin struggling?
Well, he is a pretty crappy defender, but that's sorta beside the point. Try to keep up, buddy.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #291
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, he is a pretty crappy defender, but that's sorta beside the point. Try to keep up, buddy.
Just trying to figure out the parallel you are drawing between Griffin and Roddy. Try to make it more clear...buddy.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get a hair cut, kidding me