Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Gallery of Heroes

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Gallery of Heroes

Gallery of Coaltion Soldiers Confirmed Dead
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:34 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Gallery of Heroes

God speed son.

Go straight to hell scum.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Another american hero. I'm humbled by your heroism Pat.

Ranger Creed

Ranger Creed

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-23-2004, 08:55 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

Tilman Tribute

Friday, April 23, 2004
Upon the death of Pat Tillman

I was as saddened today at the news of his death as I was inspired two years ago at the news of his enlistment into the United States Army. Pat Tillman--son, brother, husband and former Arizona Cardinal--was killed yesterday in an ambush in Afghanistan. For those of you unfamiliar with his story, Tillman left the NFL and millions of dollars to join the Army and fight for our country. His goal was to become a member of the elite Rangers special force unit. It was apparent from the beginning this was no ploy, no publicity stunt. Tillman refused interviews, requested no special treatment from the Army, and did not even issue a statement. Watching SportsCenter in May of 2002 and learning of Tillman's decision, I thought to myself: there is a man of honor. There is a man of integrity. In my mind, at that moment, a hero was born.

Tony Kornheiser was hesitant to use the word "hero" when discussing Tillman's death on Pardon the Interruption this afternoon. He shouldn't have been. While each and every death of an American soldier is a great loss and no one death is more consequential than the next, Tillman's death, like his life, was something a little more than ordinary. I don't know the man. I never met him. Yet I could tell, just by the light in the eyes and the unbridled emotion in the words of those who were close to him, that he was an uncommon person. Tillman is a hero because I would proudly tell my own child to emulate him. To pursue his life with vigor. To not lose sight of the important things, even when surrounded by every luxury the world has to offer. Tillman is a hero because, like it or not, athletes are our modern role models. By his actions alone, Tillman proved that some noble and courageous gentlemen still pursue athletics as a vocation. Tillman showed us that, despite the money-hungry, street-thug mentality many of today's sports superstars display, some athletes are worthy of our collective adoration.

It's become somewhat of a trend of late to disdain those who use the word "hero." I've always thought of our soldiers as heroes, each and every one. Their mission is not trivial, whatever their reason for entering the military. Their sacrifice is not common, no matter what they left behind. Each of their lives are in jeopardy every single day that you and I spend drinking Starbucks and playing golf. Heroes are defined by sacrifice and mettle under fire. Speaking for myself, I'm not sure if I could voluntarily walk away from the riches, the glamor, and the comfort of playing a professional sport in the U.S. and onto a battlefield fraught with the risk of losing everyone and everything I love. That's an extraordinary leap. Not to discredit any of our service men and women, but Tillman's was probably a vastly more complex decision than many of those entering the military make when they choose to become soldiers. Yet in the end, like every one of his fellow Rangers and Army soldiers, the most important consideration was duty. In my mind, I like to think that I'm a strong enough person to make that kind of sacrifice. Tillman did what many of us only think we could do.

Pat Tillman is, and will remain, an American hero. As a soldier. As an athlete. As a man.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:12 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Ranger Site

Pat Tillman left a career with the NFL - turning down a $3.6 million contract with the Arizona Cardinals in 2001 - to become an Army Ranger and serve his country. He was killed on Thursday, April 22, in Afghanistan. As of this posting, no details are available.

There are those who think that this will affect our morale. To hell with them. We know better. We know that it is because we have guys like Tillman on our team - dedicated, smart fighting men and women who are willing to give everything for their country - that we will persevere through until the end.

God speed, Pat. We will miss you, and all of the Rangers, Marines, and others who have died fighting the good fight overseas. We cannot thank all of you or your families enough.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

McCain

MCCAIN STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF PAT TILLMAN
For Immediate Release
Friday, Apr 23, 2004

Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ) issued the following statement on the combat death of Pat Tillman:

“I am heartbroken today by the news of Pat Tillman’s death. The tragic loss of this extraordinary young man will seem a heavy blow to our nation’s morale, as it is surely a grievous injury to his loved ones. Many American families have suffered the same terrible sacrifice that Pat’s family must now bear, and the patriotism that their loved ones’ exemplified is as fine and compelling as Pat’s. But there is in Pat Tillman’s example, in his unexpected choice of duty to his country over the riches and other comforts of celebrity, and in his humility, such an inspiration to all of us to reclaim the essential public-spiritedness of Americans that many of us, in low moments, had worried was no longer our common distinguishing trait.

“When Pat made his choice to leave the NFL and became an Army Ranger, he declined requests for interviews because he viewed his decision as no more patriotic than that of his less fortunate, less renowned countrymen who loved our country enough to volunteer to defend her in a time of peril. It is that first lesson of patriotism that we should reaffirm in our own lives as we celebrate the courageous life and mourn the heroic death of this most honorable American.”
Old 04-24-2004, 02:44 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Gallery of Heroes

I'm still astonished about Pat Tillman's story. What a guy!

This kind of people makes politicians look miserable.