Chicago trades Rose to Seattle and Curry to Dallas

Seattle Trades Lewis to Dallas

Does it Work?
promav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

If Seattle was to take on more salary, wouldn't they just offer Lewis a deal? I assume that in this S&T, Lewis will get the kind of money he's looking for. This would only make since if Lewis is REALLY pissed at the Sonics and refuses to sign there no matter what.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #3
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

The question with a Finley/Lewis deal is why?? What are we gaining by replacing Finley with Lewis?? It sounds like a trade just to make a trade to me.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:08 PM   #4
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< The question with a Finley/Lewis deal is why?? What are we gaining by replacing Finley with Lewis?? It sounds like a trade just to make a trade to me. >>

For everybody, not just Dallas. If Seattle is willing to take on the salary needed to s&amp;t Lewis, why wouldn't they just pay him in the first place?
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:09 PM   #5
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

I think now Mike is better, but my guess is the reason would be this: Lewis is young and has a lot of room for improvement and probably will become better then Mike, plus it frees up more shots and improves &quot;D&quot;

Though I am HARDLY in favor of this trade.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 02:29 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I thoguth the whole point was to add a free agent not lose a player on the Mavs. Finley right now is a better player than Lewis IMO and it makes mavs have a taller lineup but we are missing a shooting guard and we dont have a backup. Im not in favor of this trade at all. Lets just stick with adding a player before we subtract one which is what I thout the whole Lewis signing was for.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 03:21 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Finley is a better player right now. Lewis is younger and probably has a higher ceiling. But I would hate to see Fin leave. I just can't see him leaving Dallas.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 03:23 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

if fin was leaving, i would see it in a deal that was dependent upon lewis signing with the mavs... not a deal that brought lewis to the mavs

that being said, i don't see him being traded..and i don't want him traded
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:36 PM   #9
miles berg

miles berg is on a distinguished road

Finley is almost 30.
Lewis is almost 23.

I would do the trade. Lewis is supposed to be able to play the 2G also. We could keep Najera and since Lewis is not as big of a ball hog as Fin (watch the Kings Game 5) Dirk will up his shots into the 20+ range, something that is absolutely necessary for this team to be a champion.

I like the trade. We could start Lewis at the 3 and TAW at the 2G for defensive purposes with Griff backing him up or vice versca.

But Dallas will never trade Finley so let's forget about it.
Old 07-26-2002, 05:07 PM   #10
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

Mike does put up some dumb shots, but he is hardly a ball hog.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 06:59 PM   #11
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

<< But Dallas will never trade Finley so let's forget about it. >>

Damn right, they will nevertrade Fin