Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Dallas 90, Boston 85

Dirk abused KG over the course of the fourth quarter.

Mavs have won three in a row.

Discuss...
Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

LOL did not watch the game but nice win.

WHY was Rick ejected btw?

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

It was ugly, but they won. No injuries as well. On to the next
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post

KG was hugging Dirk on a possession, could have been called for a foul about three times. Carlisle literally got on the court and was yelling at the ref.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post

He ran all away to the Celtics bench to alert the referee's that Kevin was cradling Dirk like a newborn. Hit with a Double T for showing up the refs.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

F those refs. That is all.

Last edited by sike; 01-11-2012 at 10:55 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

i predicted mavs by 5
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

I loved the win, but I especially loved how Trix, Jet, and Dirk kept encouraging and picking West up while he struggled in the 4th.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
KG was hugging Dirk on a possession, could have been called for a foul about three times. Carlisle literally got on the court and was yelling at the ref.
Nice!!! Show he cares.

F this Garnett Bitch. I watched him play against portland once and he tried to elbow Lamarcus on the head. Lamarcus Slapped his head. LOL!!!

Bitchiest player in the NBA.

Last edited by sike; 01-11-2012 at 10:55 PM.
CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
I loved the win, but I especially loved how Trix, Jet, and Dirk kept encouraging and picking West up while he struggled in the 4th.
Agreed. I think they really love his defensive intensity. The team in general seems to really have welcomed West with open arms.. which is really nice because this dude is a baller. We honestly need to extend him if possible this offseason.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 01-11-2012 at 10:55 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just to clarify, it wasn't just THAT possession. It was a culmination. KG did every single trip down the court. Good on Rick.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
germanWunderkind

germanWunderkind is on a distinguished road

Well, now you see why dirk is so important for us, although the last games were not his bests, he is such a clutch player. in my opinion the best in the league. i always wanted to know the fg-percentage of dirk in fourth quarters, can anybody help me with some stats ?
germanWunderkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
irishock
Banned

irishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these parts

Carlisle for the fng win. His ejection lit up the lamp for the team.

Dirk shouldn't be allowed to carry the ball for more than 10 seconds. His dribbling makes me cringe.

Kidd needs to come back soon.

Last edited by sike; 01-11-2012 at 11:00 PM.
irishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #14
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand KG, good on sending his ass home with a L tonight.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
irishock
Banned

irishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanWunderkind View Post
Well, now you see why dirk is so important for us, although the last games were not his bests, he is such a clutch player. in my opinion the best in the league. i always wanted to know the fg-percentage of dirk in fourth quarters, can anybody help me with some stats ?
Clutch? The most clutch player in the NBA is Cardinal hands down.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Boston can't handle hosting champions:
The Celtics are 1–6 in home games against defending NBA champions in their last seven opportunities.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanWunderkind View Post
Well, now you see why dirk is so important for us

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #18
irishock
Banned

Playing Boston again in February. My eyes cringe watching that team.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
germanWunderkind

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
hands down...no ^^
Old 01-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Calisle needs to lovingly take West aside, point at the big German, and say "That is where our bread is buttered."

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #21
germanWunderkind

Quote:
Boston can't handle hosting champions:
The Celtics are 1–6 in home games against defending NBA champions in their last seven opportunities.
nice stat
Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Best recap by far:

https://twitter.com/#!/KhloeKardashi...05733589893120
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #23
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I really feel like I need to take some time out to explain some nuances of the game to a lot of you. I get so sick and tired of seeing posts like "Dirk needs to be more aggressive!" "Why isn't Dirk shooting!?" "Why is Dirk in the corner!?" Sometimes these gripes hold merit. Tonight was not one of those nights. A good player adapts their game based on the personnel, the flow, the tactics, etc.

Tonight, KG was allowed to literally bearhug Dirk every single trip down the court, and the refs wouldn't call it. In fact, they didn't call it one single time. KG finished the game with ONE foul despite committing dozens (if you call what he does every trip on D, not to mention 3 4th quarter illegal screens). So much so, that Coach got ejected over it. The fact is, because of this, when KG was on Dirk, it made things near impossible for Dirk to get a post catch. Accordingly, they went away from that and used Dirk to stretch the floor and "trap" two defenders on the Pick n' Roll. In THIS game, that was probably the best tactic. With Dirk on the perimeter, KG WILL NOT leave him, which completely opens the paint for everyone else. This tactic was epitomized on Jet's late lay-up. It was a waltz to the cup, perfectly orchestrated by Dirk. Now, in the 3rd quarter there was a stretch where KG was on the bench, and Dirk was calling for the ball, and West did a very poor job of getting it to him, but that's a different story entirely. In this game, due to the way it was being played and called, Dirk actually had a bigger impact as a floor spreader. That's why he only had 11 shots. Not "lack of heart", "lazyness", etc. And as we all saw, once it came down to the wire, Dirk will do his thing regardless.

I just wish some of you would take note of how the game is being played before saying stupid things.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #24
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
if cardinal is clutch then haywood is a great free throw shooter!!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #25
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
looks like dirk is getting laid tonight. sorry LO!!

Last edited by clutch#41; 01-11-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #26
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

It baffles me how there are Mavs fans who still doubt Dirk after all we've been through, especially last year.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #27
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Calisle needs to lovingly take West aside, point at the big German, and say "That is where our bread is buttered."
If I read this out of context..... oh no no no no.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #28
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
It baffles me how there are Mavs fans who still doubt Dirk after all we've been through, especially last year.
No one doubts Dirk

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Dirk abused KG over the course of their careers.
*fixed

Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #30
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
If I read this out of context..... oh no no no no.
lol

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
No one doubts Dirk
I doubt his singing ability

Old 01-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #32
germanWunderkind

i really would like to know the shooting percentage of dirk in fourth quarters. i searched all over the interner but cant find some helpful stats. can anybody help me btw ?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #33
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I love what West brings to the table. Love it. He plays tough gritty D. Fantastic hands, gets in the passing lane, solid rebounder, makes some nice passes. So please keep that in mind before I nit-pick on him. There are three very discernible things he needs to work on.

1. Giving the ball to Dirk when he's open. I don't know what's up with this, and I have no doubt that it's unintentional, but lately West has done an awful job of getting the ball to Dirk. Not just when he's calling for it in the post, but often when he's WIDE OPEN. Several times tonight Dirk was a few feet away with his hands up, and West just missed him. In the third quarter, this was especially egregious. This should be easily correctable.

2. Passing the ball on the break. West is often on the break since he plays the passing lanes so well. Problem is, he hardly ever passes it on the break. Often times he ends up shooting FTs, but with a simple pass, a teammate has a lay-up/dunk. I think maybe he just sets his mind on taking it all the way a little too early in these situations.

3. Reeling in his shot. Often West gets a little too trigger happy. He starts off hitting a few, then ends up taking some silly pull-up jumpers or fadeaways. This was again particularly egregious in the third. I've got no problem with his aggressive drives, but some of the pull-up jumpers need to stop.

All that said, I'm loving the guy.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #34
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
No one doubts Dirk
Have you read the GDT?

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #35
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Jet deserves some credit for running around with Allen all night and not giving him much space...VC didnt do a bad job either.

Good W tho...altho you could see there in the 4th where we needed Kidd, even tho West has been doing a great job.

GO MAVS
Old 01-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #36
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is phenomenal, when his head is in the game, and he acts like cares. For most of this game, he acted like the old Kareem adage to Magic: "Just 1 of 82."

I'm sure he is out of shape somewhat, unfamilar with his teammates tendencies, hurting a bit from his knee, and not as hungry after winning the championship.... but

If you honestly believe Dirk has been "good" so far this year, you are kidding yourself.

I believe he will turn it on later in the year... but **right now** he has been pretty awful, with the exception of about 3 minutes tonight, the two games against OKC, and Phx......

Last edited by Bayliss; 01-11-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #37
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Jet deserves some credit for running around with Allen all night and not giving him much space...VC didnt do a bad job either.
This.

Absolutely! Watching JET run behind Jesus Shuttlesworth all game even got me exhausted.

JET just kicked ass out there.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

Great Post. *Must spread Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I love what West brings to the table. Love it. He plays tough gritty D. Fantastic hands, gets in the passing lane, solid rebounder, makes some nice passes. So please keep that in mind before I nit-pick on him. There are three very discernible things he needs to work on.

1. Giving the ball to Dirk when he's open. I don't know what's up with this, and I have no doubt that it's unintentional, but lately West has done an awful job of getting the ball to Dirk. Not just when he's calling for it in the post, but often when he's WIDE OPEN. Several times tonight Dirk was a few feet away with his hands up, and West just missed him. In the third quarter, this was especially egregious. This should be easily correctable.

2. Passing the ball on the break. West is often on the break since he plays the passing lanes so well. Problem is, he hardly ever passes it on the break. Often times he ends up shooting FTs, but with a simple pass, a teammate has a lay-up/dunk. I think maybe he just sets his mind on taking it all the way a little too early in these situations.

3. Reeling in his shot. Often West gets a little too trigger happy. He starts off hitting a few, then ends up taking some silly pull-up jumpers or fadeaways. This was again particularly egregious in the third. I've got no problem with his aggressive drives, but some of the pull-up jumpers need to stop.

All that said, I'm loving the guy.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #39
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Dirk is phenomenal, when his head is in the game, and he acts like cares. For most of this game, he acted like the old Kareem adage to Magic: "Just 1 of 82."

I'm sure he is out of shape somewhat, unfamilar with his teammates tendencies, hurting a bit from his knee, and not as hungry after winning the championship.... but

If you honestly believe Dirk has been "good" so far this year, you are kidding yourself.

I believe he will turn it on later in the year... but **right now** he has been pretty awful, with the exception of about 3 minutes tonight, the two games against OKC, and Phx......

I see my post was not read...

Dirk's head was absolutely in the game tonight. You just don't get it.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly game, but that's a very quality win. I don't really consider Boston elite anymore, but they had four days off before this game, we were on the end of a back-to-back, and Kidd didn't play. Very quality win.

Jason Terry is playing some insanely good basketball. Not a terribly efficient night for him, but he's playing some good defense and just seems to be bringing so much energy and confidence to the floor.

West is kind of the same as Terry. Really didn't shoot the ball well at all, but he's just everywhere on the floor and playing his butt off. He made a few poor decisions down the stretch, but it's hard to get the ball to Dirk when Garnett is basically possessing his body with no foul calls. Dirk sought out West on the floor after the buzzer and gave him a huge smile and hug. I thought that was interesting.

Shawn Marion had a really nice game, and if I have a gripe on how Stotts handled the reigns during the second half, it was that he failed to get Marion back into the game soon enough during the stretch run. Speaking of Marion, it's about time to put to rest this notion that he scores all of his points off junk. He's now our official third option on offense and we run plenty of plays designed to get him post up and flashes to the paint.

Dirk had a somewhat invisible game (for him, mind you). He still looks like he fighting to get back into shape, and it can't be easy to drag Kevin Garnett around on your back all night. But what a studly play at the end.

I thought Haywood and Ian turned in a hell of a game. Very active on the boards, and contributed well offensively. I really feel like Ian's coming out party is being under-reported locally.

Vince Carter was terrible. About the only talking point I have on him is that I'm horrified that he got 28 minutes tonight....and the reason I'm horrified is what it potentially says about Lamar Odom. This is me officially stating that I am concerned about Odom and his fit and potential on this team. I'm very much someone that preaches patience in these situations, but for Lamar to only pull 15 minutes of action on a night when we're short handed at the wings and Vince is playing that poorly...that could be significant. Don't want to dwell on it too much, but it's officially on my radar.

But overall, really nice win, even though it was crazy ugly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
more iriscock please