Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-22-2003, 02:34 PM   #1
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road
Default Any Seinfeld fans in here?

One of, if not my favorite show of all time....anybody care to comment on their favorite episode(s) and/or scene(s)?
ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Any Seinfeld fans in here?

Absolutely a fan....

Elaine's dance
Jerry's pick or scratch
The 'master of domain' one
Teri Hatcher date (they are real and they are SPECTACULAR)
'Not that there's anything wrong with that'
The debate between Jerry and Elaine on his couch about separating this (the friendship) and THAT (motioning toward the bedroom).
The 'sponge worthy' one...
George being cheap on the wedding announcement envelopes.

If it weren't for Curb you Enthusiasm I would be done with comedies.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:05 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

The girl with the huge hands

and

the one with the tennis player who sucked and asked Jerry to let him win - then he talked trash and made fun of Jerry...classic!
Old 09-22-2003, 03:15 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry pretending not to be funny so as not to impress George's girlfriend.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Cosmo's clothes designer girlfriend that made the fluffy sleeved pirate shirt for Jerry.

That was frickin' hillarious.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:40 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

But I don't wanna be a pirate!
Old 09-22-2003, 04:01 PM   #7
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

my favoritew was the soup nazi...."NO SOUP FOR YOU"..freekin hilarious..

Also..liked the one were Kramer got addicted to Kenny Rogers fried chicken across the street..LOL...

Do they have there shows on DVD yet?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:08 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Don't know about DVD's, but you can catch them in syndication on Fox in the DFW area at 6:30PM and 10:30PM.

How many of those shows have created sayings that are in use today?

No soup for you!
Yada, yada, yada...
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I'm sure there are more, just can't think of them.

The double dip.... that was so funny.

I wonder if Seinfeld wishes he had never stopped making the shows now that he is doing a whole lot of nothing..
Old 09-22-2003, 04:08 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The only show I was ever disappointed in was the last episode. Left us hanging.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:11 PM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok, nothing against seinfeld, but they did not create the saying "yada, yada, yada" i swear i heard that long before seinfeld was ever on the air.

but i digress.

i don't think they have episodes on dvd, or they would still be selling like crazy, and i've never seen any anywhere.

anyway, hands down the best sitcom ever. at least in my opinion.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:14 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yeah, according to Amazon there are currently no plans to produce it on DVD or VHS.

Bummer.

And you may be right BBL, but when I hear that (yada, yada, yada) I only think of Seinfeld.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:02 PM   #12
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Who doesn't like seinfeld? I can't name all the classics! Soup Nazi is my favorite though!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:20 PM   #13
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

My favorite Seinfeld is when he races a guy from High School. "I choose not to run!"

Also, when George pretends to be a marine biologist and has to pull the titleist out of the whales blowholes.

George pretending to be handicapped at work.

The communist episode. "Santa's a commy!" and "You named names"

Basically every Seinfeld ever made.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:47 PM   #14
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I forgot about the "Assman" episode.

And the one where Elaine thinks she's dating an African American and they find out their white and say "So... we're just a couple of white people."

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:49 PM   #15
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on.... how do you expect to win?

I love:

"You kept making all the stops... Batman. episode"

"The My name's George... I'm unemployed and I live with my parent's episode" (That has got to be the greatest pickup line.... but the best part is when he says what everyone else thinks... at the movies.)

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 09:01 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The one where George retrofits his desk so he can take naps, etc. was a classic.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 09:04 PM   #17
ItalianMobbstah187

You're all right, there are too many funny ones to name....thanks to all of you for bringing up some great ones I forgot, especially bayliss and dirmo....those ones are so funny.

IS ANYONE HERE A MARINE BIOLOGIST????

It shrinks? LIKE A FRIGHTENED TURTLE! I don't how you guys walk around with those things!
Old 09-22-2003, 09:06 PM   #18
ItalianMobbstah187

LOL Drbio....I was just talking about that one today with a friend....where George builds the fort underneath his desk....and then there is the bomb threat and Steinbrenner's grandkids all coming running in.....ahhahahaha....soooo funny

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 09:39 AM   #19
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Where George parks his car at work and never goes in.

Jimmy likes Elaine. . .Jimmy can dunk. . .George likes spicy chicken
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:35 AM   #20
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

My favorite episode was where George had tried to do a 3-way turn into a parking spot across for Jerry's apartment, and then a guy tries to pull in behind him, and they have a hard time figuring who should have the parking spot. I also, like episode when Jerry & George go to CBS, and present their idea for their pilot.
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote