Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-01-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default It's time for Kidd

Dallas trades:
PF Alan Henderson
PG Jason Terry
Dallas receives:
PG Jason Kidd

TRADE ACCEPTED

Henderson and Terry are legal trade bait now. Jason Kidd could save this team.

Is it enough for New Jersey do lose Kidd for nothing but expiring salaries?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2004, 04:56 PM   #2
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:It's time for Kidd

I like it...even if you just tread water with Harris while Kidd Rehabs - then at least Harris gets some experience...and you probably don't fall too far out of the playoff race.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:01 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I like it...even if you just tread water with Harris while Kidd Rehabs - then at least Harris gets some experience...and you probably don't fall too far out of the playoff race.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:56 PM   #4
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Default RE: It's time for Kidd

Hmm, lets see..Harris who has, oh lets say 14 years left, for Kidd who has maybe 3? Uh..think I'll pass ;o
Old 12-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
Hmm, lets see..Harris who has, oh lets say 14 years left, for Kidd who has maybe 3? Uh..think I'll pass ;o
its not one or the other....

its both.

Not that I like the trade one bit...
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be more inclined to look at the deal if it were Stackhouse and Henderson.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:46 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban does not take on that monster Kidd deal.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #8
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Oh, sorry. thought you were trading harris and hendu for Kidd. ops. It wouldn't make much sense for NY to make that trade unless they were absolutely desperate. Besides, I'm semi-prejudice vs kidd, much like Madape is to Damp, except maybe a little more so. No Kidd PLZ.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:58 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I'd be more inclined to look at the deal if it were Stackhouse and Henderson.
I'd pull that in a second.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:47 PM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

i don't understand the same guy that's against Dampier is for Kidd.

Anyways, i don't think we'd have to trade Terry to get Kidd. We could use him as a back up 2 and trade stack+Mbenga+Dickau+Henderson.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:16 AM   #11
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

No Mbenga trades please
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:13 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
No Mbenga trades please
I'll second that...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #13
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
No Mbenga trades please
I'll second that...
I third that... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If Kidd comes back healthy, Terry & Hendu for Kidd is a nice trade for both teams. As Kidd wants to leave, NJ need a PG and they can't find a better deal than Terry who's both young and comes with a small, 2yr deal which is so important for that cost-conscious ownership. Hendu with an expiring contract as backup PF can't hurt either. May be, we could throw in Booth for Mourning (who's also unhappy and wants to get out of NJ).

Stack instead of Terry would tilt the trade heavily in our favor and I don't see how NJ would do that deal especially when they already got RJ at 3. May be, we can ship Stack to Chicago for Chandler or Curry as discussed in another thread. That should solve our backup PF problem.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #14
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I think it's wishful thinking to think you can get Jason Kidd for anything less than Terry and Stackhouse. Truth is, I suspect they would rather not have Stack in the deal, and replace him with Henderson and youth. If I'm the Mavs I say not to that though.

The real problem for New Jersey is what to get from your superstar. There seem to be three teams in the running, and it would appear all have some ability to make deals.

1. The Nuggets can offer a package centered around guys like Andre Miller and Nikoloz Tskitishvili. Would the Nets put Nene in a deal? A Nuggets deal gives the Nets a young PG who could lead their team and some youth to build around. But I don't think this happens from a financial standpoint simply because I don't believe the Nuggets can afford to have 4 guys making over 8-9 million a year because Carmelo won't be cheap forever. Martin, Camby, Anthony, and Kidd is a lot of salary. Would the Nuggets spend that?

2. The Timberwolves are also rumored to be the in the Kidd mix. They can offer some shorter contracts like Sam Cassell or Latrell Sprewell in a deal, but both guys want to be extended for big money. Does New Jersey risk getting those guys only to lose them for nothing? Minnesota could throw in some youth like Ebi. Maybe the Nets think he'll develop. They could throw in resident New Yorker, Wally Szcerbiak, but he's got a lot of money due him. There's potential for a deal here, but it doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

3. The Mavs could conceivably offer the best deal. Dallas has youth, talent, a young PG, and the contracts to grease the wheels. But if I'm making decisions for Dallas, my youth is practically off the table. Howard, Daniels, and Harris arn't going anywhere. That leaves guys like Terry and Stackhouse. That gives the Nets a serious triple threat with Jefferson leading the way. It doesn't give them any salary relief for the next few years. Henderson could be thrown in as a last year contract, but other money would have to be coming this way too.

In the end, if these are the three teams in the running, Dallas makes the most sense - but only if the Nets are serious about getting talent. If they are more interested in clearing cap room there are better deals. Obviously, I don't know what their goals are. If it's youth they want, Denver may be the best bet.

But there is another option that hasn't been talked about too much. The Nets might just decide to play with Kidd. After all, in the pathetic Atlantic division they are only a few games back. Kidd might make a difference for that team.

I am truly interested to see this thing get sorted out, but I sure won't be surprised to read all of these Mavs rumors as Kidd comes back. It does make sense.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:16 PM   #15
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

lets bring this subject back to light. I'm all in favor of this, and we really need Kidd, what do you think now that he is back?
Old 12-07-2004, 04:44 PM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Kidd would make us the favorite to win the NBA championship.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:04 PM   #17
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Kidd would make us the favorite to win the NBA championship.
Let's say they made your trade (Terry and Henderson for Kidd).

Dampier - Bradley
Nowitzki - Booth
Howard - Daniels
Finley - Stackhouse
Kidd - Harris

Yeah, that looks like a stout lineup.

I still think the Nets will force us to take on Mourning if we want Kidd.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

FWIW, I read on db.com that Insider is talking today about a Terry/Daniels/Henderson for Kidd/Mourning swap.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:28 PM   #19
XERXES
Diamond Member

Can I tell you how fast I would pull the trigger on that?!

Very.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

I'm in. Lets do it.
though I still don't think Cubes is looking to take on that huge deal.

Old 12-07-2004, 05:58 PM   #21
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
FWIW, I read on db.com that Insider is talking today about a Terry/Daniels/Henderson for Kidd/Mourning swap.
That'll leave us with:

Damp/Mourning/Bradley
Dirk/Booth/MBenga
JHo/Stack
Fin/Stack
Kidd/DA/Harris

If Kidd & Mourning stay healthy, I'd say we'd be the favorites to win it all. Let's do it!!!

Old 12-07-2004, 06:03 PM   #22
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I'm in. Lets do it.
though I still don't think Cubes is looking to take on that huge deal.
If Cuban ever wants to put his money where his mouth is, this is it. He should grab Kidd before he's traded elsewhere.

We'll have a great opportunity to win a ring or two over the next few years and when Harris is ready for primetime,
trade Kidd away or just keep him and eat his contract like we're doing with Fin. But let's not waste a few more
of Dirk's prime years.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:13 PM   #23
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Kidd is the missing piece I believe we need. And all of this is really in our favor. Everyone knows NJ sucks and will be rebuilding for the next 2 years, and we all know Kidd and Mourning want out. But, I doubt this will happen, as there is always one thing that keeps us from getting further, it's a fact. Weither it's not being able to get pass the first round in playoffs, or injuries, etc, etc. I hope that Mark would use the balls we all know he has and pull the trigger on this one, and ohh since we're at it, will someone call Phil Jackson and tell him to get his ass here already.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #24
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
Kidd is the missing piece I believe we need. And all of this is really in our favor. Everyone knows NJ sucks and will be rebuilding for the next 2 years, and we all know Kidd and Mourning want out. But, I doubt this will happen, as there is always one thing that keeps us from getting further, it's a fact. Weither it's not being able to get pass the first round in playoffs, or injuries, etc, etc. I hope that Mark would use the balls we all know he has and pull the trigger on this one, and ohh since we're at it, will someone call Phil Jackson and tell him to get his ass here already.
that's right! over the tops! kidd, mourning and last but not least the ZEN MASTER!! DO IT!
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #25
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

hell yea i would do this trade cuz we still get to keep stackhouse but i dont know about givin rid of Daniels
Old 12-11-2004, 05:53 PM   #26
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

i would do it for terry,henderson,and booth
Old 12-15-2004, 06:12 PM   #27
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

I don't think Cuban accept it, but... bring Kidd!!
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote