Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-27-2002, 11:06 PM   #1
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

I hope the Blazers beat the Spurs!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2002, 11:33 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

So do I. But the Spurs lead 48-45 at the half.

The Blazers are 0-2 against them this season and look kinda sloppy tonight imo.

Let's hope they turn things around in the 2nd half.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:38 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Go Blazers!

man that just doesn't sound right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:27 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< man that just doesn't sound right. >>

No, it doesn't. Tonight, however, we make the exception. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

The Blazers lead by 2 and have seemingly taken some control to start the 4th quarter. Hopefully, they can build on it and put the Spurs away.

It just feels like it will come down to the wire though.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:44 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Wow, this is actually a good game.

It's been tied, but Wells just hit a huge 3 with 3:38 to go.

Robinson was called for traveling then they changed it to a reach in foul on Davis, I think.

The Spurs then missed a shot, got the offensive rebound and now Duncan is on the line for two.

Both were made. Blazers with 1 point lead with 3 minutes to go.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:49 AM   #6
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

What happened to Rasheed? On courtside live it says he has only played 11 minutes? Is he injured?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:54 AM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I've only really payed attention in the 2nd half. I remember seeing him, but don't recall him leaving injured or for fouls. Not sure.

Wells has been SO clutch in this game though.

Blazers up 3, Duncan missed both free throws with a minute to go.

Go Blazers.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:56 AM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Damon Stoudamire (sp) hit both free throws to give the Blazers a 5-point lead with only 23 seconds to go.

Suns and Blazers did us a HUGE favor tonight.
Old 03-28-2002, 01:03 AM   #9
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

Looks like portland will pull this one off, THANKS PORTLAND![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Portland and LA play on Friday, who should we root for?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2002, 01:11 AM   #10
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

<< Looks like portland will pull this one off, THANKS PORTLAND![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Portland and LA play on Friday, who should we root for?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
>>

How many overtimes does there have to be before a game is declared a tie? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2002, 01:30 AM   #11
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< How many overtimes does there have to be before a game is declared a tie? >>

Never. And players that have fouled out can be called back into the game if the team would be short a player so it can't end that way either.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 03:04 AM   #12
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

<< What happened to Rasheed? On courtside live it says he has only played 11 minutes? Is he injured? >>

Sheed had back spasms and Left after playing the first quarter. It was actually somewhat helpful to the Blazers cause considering that Duncan was putting on a &quot;How to school your opponent in the piant&quot; clinic on him dropping 15 all over him in the first quarter. Shawn Kemp of all people quieted him down from there.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:17 AM   #13
OzMavs
Platinum Member

Thanks Guys. Hoping that this win by the Blazers gives the Mavs extra incentive to take Minnesota tonight.

Old 03-28-2002, 05:58 PM   #14
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

After wathcing the game....

1. The Blazers are a very, very deep team, that seem inspired to win. Maurice Cheeks has done an excellent job, and I really like the way Pippen plays point.
2. Tony Parker looks like an alien
3. Tim Duncan is an absolute machine. He does the job quietly, efficiently, with precision sort of like an assasin.
4. It's scary that these two awesome teams might have to play in the first round.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:21 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

scooter, you made one glaring mistake in your points..

#4 &quot;It's scary that these two awesome teams might have to play in the first round.&quot;

actually, it's awesome for the mavs that the blazers and spurs might match up in the first round

what would even be better is if the lakers and blazers matched up in the first..
the mavs match up with the spurs in the second.
i think this would be the &quot;best&quot; case scenario..
well, next to the spurs getting knocked off in the first round by the #6 seed...which could be minnesota
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 06:39 PM   #16
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< 4. It's scary that these two awesome teams might have to play in the first round. >>

Better the two of them than than one of them and the Mavs.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:18 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Make it a consensus....#4 needs revision.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote