Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-23-2004, 07:34 PM   #641
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Just got the new Hives record.
nice.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2004, 12:07 AM   #642
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

luxury, luxury

(simply genius)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:12 AM   #643
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe
Bill Perry - Graycourt Lightning

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 04:27 AM   #644
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Boz Scaggs - Loan Me A Dime

- My Time - A Boz Scaggs Anthology (1969-1997) (Disc 1)

GREAT STUFF!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:01 AM   #645
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
Boz Scaggs - Loan Me A Dime
- My Time - A Boz Scaggs Anthology (1969-1997) (Disc 1)
GREAT STUFF!
once Death gave this to Peter Griffen...."How'd you know?"..."I just had a feeling"
Linken Park Reanimation (don't hate me, its pretty good)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-06-2004, 01:17 PM   #646
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Lloyd Banks - Hunger for More

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:56 PM   #647
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Joe Satriani - Strange Beautiful Music
System of a Down - Toxicity
Taproot - Gift
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:53 PM   #648
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

my new FAVORITE ALBUM! I highly recommend it.

Rogue Wave - Out of the Shadow

Come see them and Guster together this weekend in Austin!!!!
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:29 AM   #649
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

mp3 downloads of Okkervil River (an underrated Austin band)
Wilco - "A Ghost Is Born"
Bel Canto - "Birds of Passage"
Jesus and Mary Chain - "Automatic"
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:31 PM   #650
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Dire Straits

Kevin Lyttle

Pimpmatic

Depends on which of my personalities are dominant at the moment. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 01:07 AM   #651
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

The new Dizzee Rascal and The Prodigy CD's are alright.

Also, I'm a late comer on these but Loretta Lynn (with the White Stripes guy), Maria Rita, and Bebel Gilberto are good as well.

FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:10 AM   #652
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
(with the White Stripes guy)
His name is Jack White. If you liked that stuff, check out his cover of Bob Dylan's Black Jack Davey (it was released on ITunes only, but well worth the buck).
Old 09-18-2004, 01:21 AM   #653
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tip U2. I'm downloading it now.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:08 AM   #654
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Whoever brought up the Doves an Franz a while back. Thanks alot.

I can't stop listening to either one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #655
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I haven't gotten a chance to pick up the new Dizzee Rascal CD yet, I'm jealous Jive. I actually finally went out and bought the old one in anticipation of the new one.

I've been listening to Blue Man Group - The Complex lately.

Old 09-20-2004, 05:11 AM   #656
FreshJive
Diamond Member

I got it off the internet a few weeks ago, but I'll probably buy it in a few days.

If you liked the first Dizzee Rascal then you should like this one, but I liked the first one better.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:54 AM   #657
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Whoever brought up the Doves an Franz a while back. Thanks alot.

I can't stop listening to either one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I assume it would've been me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

No worries [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Kasabian - so the best band I've heard in a long long long time.

When I can get past that it's Razorlight & The LIbertines.
I've gone extremely teenage again, started buying the NME and just
basically reliving...my teenage years, hence the going extremely teenage line.
Shut up veruca....

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-20-2004, 11:45 AM   #658
sike
The Preacha

oasis - staning on the shoulders of giants....great rock and roll!

Old 09-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #659
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
Old 09-21-2004, 08:33 PM   #660
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Shania is not my top 1 anymore. Julieta has arrived.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:04 PM   #661
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Blackalicious - "Nia"

Modest Mouse - "Good News For People Who Like Bad News"

Old 10-06-2004, 08:13 PM   #662
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blackalicious - "Nia"
You made me go to the archives
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2004, 08:27 PM   #663
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Keith Jarret- Bye Bye Blackbird
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #664
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Fat Pat's Greatest Hits
Z-Ro vs. the World
A burned compilation of Toshira Masuda's Naruto soundtrack music
Old 10-06-2004, 09:55 PM   #665
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Cold - 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage
Staind - Dysfunction
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:23 AM   #666
sike
The Preacha

Zep - Coda

Old 10-07-2004, 12:28 AM   #667
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Blackalicious - "Nia"
Yeah, I just really discovered Blackalicious and the whole Quannum projects group. Which is pretty sad, considering how into J-5 and Cee-Lo and other rappers of that ilk. But hey, better late than never.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:11 AM   #668
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Quote:
Quote:
Blackalicious - "Nia"
Yeah, I just really discovered Blackalicious and the whole Quannum projects group. Which is pretty sad, considering how into J-5 and Cee-Lo and other rappers of that ilk. But hey, better late than never.
Have you listened to their song desception, yet? It's by far their best track.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:19 AM   #669
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Quote:
Quote:
Blackalicious - "Nia"
Have you listened to the Gift of Gab CD yet?
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:43 AM   #670
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

James Carter- Layin' in the Cut
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #671
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I heard Deception at a party, and that's what made me want to go out and buy the CD.
No, I haven't gotten the Gift of Gab CD, but I will eventually. Right now all I have is Nia and Lyrics Born.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:55 PM   #672
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Is the Gift of Gab CD new or is it old? I wasn't aware that Gift of Gab had a solo CD.

I thought Lyrics Borne's CD was pretty weak compared to Blackilicious, but Gab is probably my favorite rapper ever.

BTW: Saltwater, I just realized you were the poster who originally told me about Rascal.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:09 AM   #673
sike
The Preacha

oasis - masterplan

Old 10-12-2004, 11:27 PM   #674
veruca salt
Platinum Member

good to see sike!

The Star Spangles - Bazooka!!
Psychedelic Furs - Talk Talk Talk

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-12-2004, 11:48 PM   #675
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #676
Smiles
Diamond Member

Ambient - Rainstorms

Including:
The Garden of Toads
Dancing on the Water
Mahudra Sky
Old 10-13-2004, 02:37 PM   #677
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Morphine - Cure for Pain

not the kind of stuff I usually like, but man this CD has grown on me like crazy.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:39 PM   #678
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

pink floyd - echoes

[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:29 PM   #679
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

You Forgot it in People by Broken Social Scene
Live From the Highway by Cast Iron Filter
Details by Frou Frou
Old 10-13-2004, 06:59 PM   #680
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Novice#41
pink floyd - echoes

[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
one of the greatest tracks ever

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here