Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #161
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Square one is no true centers. Haywood's a considerable step up from that. As far as the second center spot, there are plenty of possibilities there. Sign another team's free agent using the MLE, re-sign Damp when he gets cut, get back a big in exchange for Damp, pull off a side trade for a big....
ya i wouldnt mind bringing back gooden..i know hes not a "true center" but he played very well in his time here and said he wouldnt mind coming back.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #162
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Square one is no true centers. Haywood's a considerable step up from that. As far as the second center spot, there are plenty of possibilities there. Sign another team's free agent using the MLE, re-sign Damp when he gets cut, get back a big in exchange for Damp, pull off a side trade for a big....
two words...Gortat!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #163
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
two words...Gortat!
two words? you mean one haha
Old 05-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #164
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
two words...Gortat!

Meh, let's not start with that again...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:21 AM   #165
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
two words...Gortat!
I'd be very happy to see the Mavs finally get Gortat to Dallas, and I think he and Haywood would make a strong center tandem; particularly if the Mavs can address the need at SG. What sort of deal could possibly make manifest his long-awaited destiny as a Dallas Maverick is an open question (though not one without moderately plausible answers), yet still I feel comfortable stating that not only myself, but also the God of Thunder, would welcome the Polish Hammer to Dallas with open arms, and much hardware.

Let it be done.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #166
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
so i can officially say that you are illiterate..read and comprehend b4 u comment my post
my whole point of the statement was this..
1 championship>10MVP'S

LeBron may possibly be the greatest player to NOT win a ring.when your mentioning the greatest players to ever play the game,they all have rings.at the end of his career if lebron is ringless he'll end up saying he'll trade all his MVP's in for 1 ring! thats why u cant compare lebron to jordan or kobe..as you cant compare dirk to larry bird.similiar but no hardware and thats what separates the greats from the best to ever play.
I'll go ahead and disagree with you there. Players don't win championships, teams do. Place a mediocre player on a good team and he can win a ton of championships (i.e. Robert Horry). Or you can place a good player on a team with mediocre players and he won't win anything (i.e. LeBron James).

The day when LeBron has anywhere near as good the supporting cast as Kobe, then I will starting comparing rings. Until then, the ring comparison is ridiculous...

p.s. The team that LeBron took to the NBA finals in 07' didn't have anybody. Its talent level w/o LeBron was about the equivalent of this year's Nets...
Old 05-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #167
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
I'll go ahead and disagree with you there. Players don't win championships, teams do. Place a mediocre player on a good team and he can win a ton of championships (i.e. Robert Horry). Or you can place a good player on a team with mediocre players and he won't win anything (i.e. LeBron James).

The day when LeBron has anywhere near as good the supporting cast as Kobe, then I will starting comparing rings. Until then, the ring comparison is ridiculous...

p.s. The team that LeBron took to the NBA finals in 07' didn't have anybody. Its talent level w/o LeBron was about the equivalent of this year's Nets...

That would be true. Spurs just focused on LeBron and dared the others to score knowing they couldn't carry the team anywhere. Can't remember if Boobie even played-might have been hurt. But that team sucked. Probably the easiest trophy the Spurs ever got.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:19 AM   #168
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Looking at how the Mavs are now would anybody have done that Kidd for Davis and Kaman trade that was on the table?
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:50 AM   #169
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Boozer strikes me as an interesting chip in this offseason. He's the one "big-name" free agent--albeit a notch below the top guys--that his own team doesn't seem to want. Now, I think he'd be a horrible fit for the Mavs--but I'm wondering about the possibility of a DUST chip-Boozer S&T-Sammy Superstar 3-way.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #170
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so i can officially say that you are illiterate..read and comprehend b4 u comment my post
my whole point of the statement was this..
1 championship>10MVP'S

LeBron may possibly be the greatest player to NOT win a ring.when your mentioning the greatest players to ever play the game,they all have rings.at the end of his career if lebron is ringless he'll end up saying he'll trade all his MVP's in for 1 ring! thats why u cant compare lebron to jordan or kobe..as you cant compare dirk to larry bird.similiar but no hardware and thats what separates the greats from the best to ever play.

1) If your posts were easy to decipher you wouldn't have so much negative action. That or if you had the ability to make sense with any of them. I must say I can't comprehend as easily as most of the others posts. Everything is a run on sentence and if there were a nugget of information or knowledge hidden in them, it would be appreciated, but there isn't.

2) When your mentioning the greatest players of the game they DO NOT all have rings!

That would be like me saying " When you look at all the good posters on this board, they all have green boxes." But that is not true... eh well. Ok bad example. But you know what I mean. There are plenty of great players without championships.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #171
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's all sorts of fail in this "sentence" - ironic, considering your accusations of illiteracy...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #172
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Looking at how the Mavs are now would anybody have done that Kidd for Davis and Kaman trade that was on the table?
Davis contract is still an ugly bitch and he is still the same horrible chucker with the bright light in 2007 and more DNP than Kidd with 40.

Kaman is nice but im fine with resign Haywood.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #173
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Man oh man, Kaman would be a huge stiffy for the Mavs.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #174
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the offseason.

Just throwing that out there.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #175
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
I hate the offseason.

Just throwing that out there.
Worst part is that it isn't even technically the offseason yet...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #176
SMC0007
Guru

Someone start a countdown to next seasons opener...

Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #177
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Boozer strikes me as an interesting chip in this offseason. He's the one "big-name" free agent--albeit a notch below the top guys--that his own team doesn't seem to want. Now, I think he'd be a horrible fit for the Mavs--but I'm wondering about the possibility of a DUST chip-Boozer S&T-Sammy Superstar 3-way.
Boozer and Miami were huge rumors during the season and offseason. Then again, you can't get Wade if Boozer's landing in Miami. Wade's got his superstar to run with......
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #178
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Boozer and Miami were huge rumors during the season and offseason. Then again, you can't get Wade if Boozer's landing in Miami. Wade's got his superstar to run with......
Probably right--unless it goes down in a slightly different order. Say D-Wade decides he wants to sign with Dallas, so we have to work out a S&T. Maybe then Boozer gets in the mix, as Miami goes after say Boozer & Johnson. I dunno--I'm just bored. I shouldn't be bored right now, I should be buying my plane tickets to come to Dallas for the WCF...
Old 05-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #179
bobatundi
Golden Member

What if Utah really does decide it wants to keep Boozer--but doesn't want to pay luxury tax? we could swap them Damp + Carroll for Kirilenko + the #9 pick. Saves Utah a crapload of money, gets the Mavs a top 10 pick. Not sure there's anybody in the 9/10 range who is a real game changer at this point, but if we're unable to do anything else with the DUST chip, it's worth a shot, right?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #180
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
What if Utah really does decide it wants to keep Boozer--but doesn't want to pay luxury tax? we could swap them Damp + Carroll for Kirilenko + the #9 pick. Saves Utah a crapload of money, gets the Mavs a top 10 pick. Not sure there's anybody in the 9/10 range who is a real game changer at this point, but if we're unable to do anything else with the DUST chip, it's worth a shot, right?
True doesn't necessarily have to be sign and trade for a free agent, could be an existing player under contract.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #181
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

We also have a couple of trade exceptions: http://www.shamsports.com/content/pa...ons.jsp#dallas

Original Deal - Exception Amount - Expiry Date
Nathan Jawai - $736,420 - 20th October 2010
Kris Humphries - $2,900,000 - 11th January 2011
Quinton Ross - $1,033,342 - 14th February 2011

I wonder if we can take back a cheap talent for a team looking to maximize cap space? ex. Beasley.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:48 AM   #182
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
No way. Getting baron on this team with that contract and that baggage is not how the Mavs do business and it's why we're one of the best organizations in the game.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #183
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
We also have a couple of trade exceptions: http://www.shamsports.com/content/pa...ons.jsp#dallas

I wonder if we can take back a cheap talent for a team looking to maximize cap space? ex. Beasley.
Nice, find, forgot about those, should be an interesting offseason. But Beasley won't work, he's probably around 3-4 million this season. That Humphries one is a nice chunk.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #184
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post

Another thing that might come up, is possibly helping a team gain cap space, to sign a free agent, hey a draft pick and the player would squeeze right in.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #185
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
I like your thinking. The goal is obviously win now, but i don't mind thinking about the future at the same time. This way we would have a nice young duo with Roddy and that lottery player. Obviously, you have to try and get Wade or Lebron first. But if that fails, i hope our FO doesn't do something stupid. For example a Roddy, Butler, Damp for Joe Johnson and bad contract, or something like that. Hopefully we won't pull the trigger on something like that. And i want no part of Boozer. He won't make us better.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #186
clutch#41
Golden Member

[QUOTE=Budapest Maverick;1101674] But if that fails, i hope our FO doesn't do something stupid. For example a Roddy, Butler, Damp for Joe Johnson and bad contract, or something like that. QUOTE]

if the mavs give up that much for him and his name isnt wade or lebron idk how i'll be a mavsfan next year.in 2 years roddy will be BETTER than JJ.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #187
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
I like your thinking. The goal is obviously win now, but i don't mind thinking about the future at the same time. This way we would have a nice young duo with Roddy and that lottery player. Obviously, you have to try and get Wade or Lebron first. But if that fails, i hope our FO doesn't do something stupid. For example a Roddy, Butler, Damp for Joe Johnson and bad contract, or something like that. Hopefully we won't pull the trigger on something like that. And i want no part of Boozer. He won't make us better.
no way i'm giving up even Dust/Butler for Joe Johnson at this point. his playoff averages are abysmal. not only this season. Roddy is safe unless it's for Bron or Wade... maybe Bosh. even then i bet the braintrust doesn't do it.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #188
bobatundi
Golden Member

I do Roddy for LeBron or Wade without hesitation; however, my list may end there. I think he'll be better than Joe Johnson by the all-star break if given a chance to play 30 mpg.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #189
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Definitely agree with you guys, it's good to see that almost everybody here is high on the kid. We can't possibly be all homers, right? Okay, we could be, but still, he's great. I also think Roddy has a chance to be a better player than JJ, but it's really not the main point here. As mac wrote, JJ is not a good playoff performer, and wouldn't be a guarantee to put us over the top, to say the least. He may play better as a second option behind Dirk, but he's definitely not a max player. At least in a perfect world. I say no for any Roddy trade unless Lebron or Wade coming back.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #190
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a dumb question:

which is better?
Lebron and lose Roddy
Joe Johnson and Keep Roddy

with the essentials being Damp, Butler, and junk being sent in the ATL deal
and Damp, Butler, Roddy and junk for LeBron
Old 05-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #191
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Is this a dumb question:

which is better?
Lebron and lose Roddy

LeBron and lose Roddy is better
Old 05-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #192
mac222b
Diamond Member

does anyone else think Dust and Caron is alot to give up for Joe Johnson? (who will want close to a max deal).
Old 05-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #193
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Is this a dumb question:

which is better?
Lebron and lose Roddy

Wow
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #194
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...163,full.story Speculation that Shaq will end up here.... It's gonna be a long off season.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #195
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricklayer View Post
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...163,full.story Speculation that Shaq will end up here.... It's gonna be a long off season.
It'd be an option but are you going the S&T route or do you use the MLE to get him? He's definitely past his prime and I can only see him working in a back-up role, his injuries are basically much-needed vacations for him.

He's running out of big destinations for him to land, so Dallas works.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #196
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
does anyone else think Dust and Caron is alot to give up for Joe Johnson? (who will want close to a max deal).
Yea, prob too much.

He isn't getting a max deal and he probably knows it.

And Vomit on Shaq idea.

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-14-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #197
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think using the Dust and Caron you'd want a franchise player that can carry Dirk for an additional 2-3 years past Dirk's prime. JJ's a tremondous talent, but his head, his attitude, has me questioning a max deal. It was him and the Atl crowd this playoff run, in PHX he wasn't the MAN.....you never know what you get....will he melt under pressure? I mean he has put up awesome stats in the 82, but it's May and June that has me question the value, not only the Chip and Caron, but the handicapping max deal...who knows we create an unguaranteed year at the end, but......Carroll....Terry, JJ before Caron. I'd be happy going into the season with Caron and another piece like an AK47 (for the chip) as mentioned earlier.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #198
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea, prob too much.

He isn't getting a max deal and he probably knows it.

And Vomit on Shaq idea.
Ditto on vomiting as far as bringing Shaq here... however if he end up here, he would start over Haywood sensitive arse..
Old 05-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #199
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
It'd be an option but are you going the S&T route or do you use the MLE to get him? He's definitely past his prime and I can only see him working in a back-up role, his injuries are basically much-needed vacations for him.

He's running out of big destinations for him to land, so Dallas works.
Vet minimum, Haywood should be a higher priority than Shaq.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #200
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Vet minimum, Haywood should be a higher priority than Shaq.
Clearly Haywood is the bigger priority over Shaq. It's safe to say that Shaq only has sporadic semi-dominant games left in him and needs to be relegated to a back-up role. The interesting part will be can his ego handle not being wooed by a ton of teams and taking a massive pay cut.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...