Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 1 14.29%
Mavs win by 1-9 4 57.14%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 1 14.29%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2021, 07:12 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Don't even get me started on my wish list of picking up both Vuc and Gordon from Orlando over the last couple of years. :-( What's tough to swallow is that I don't think we ever made a serious attempt to go after either of them. :-/

Had we gotten Vuc, we probably wouldn't have made the KP deal, but then maybe we get Gordon, too. I'd prefer both Vuc and Gordon over KP. Yeah, I'm greedy. ;-)
I'm not sure about Vuc because I think the mavs were content with rolling out Powell prior to his injury and then they've always stated they have enough C's

Now Gordon's name was kind of out there for awhile even prior to this season starting.

I felt like the best time they could have closed a deal for him was on draft night and then when I saw what Denver gave up later it made me puke because I think Brunson was covered by several teams but on MMB they had article saying Brunson was practically untouchable because the mavs viewed him as a long term piece.

We made that mistake with Roddy B if I recall overrating his value to the franchise long term success.

But it was clear doing the season that JB struggled to his got vs teams with length on the perimeter and that wasn't going to change in the playoffs. I felt like him and burke were virtually the same players that's why I would have dangled him in a trade for someone like Gordon.

But hey they are where they are now....

I just hate to see them blow a 2-0 lead by losing 4 out of the last 5 games because that to me is a choke job considering how often teams have blown that type of lead in playoff history.

I'm praying RC will do two things tomorrow

1) post up Luka a little more possibly getting either PG or KL in early foul trouble

2) Close the game out if close with zone defense and Boban getting more 4th qtr minutes to give us an option to score beyond jacking up 3's every 4th qtr possession

Clippers haven't really shot the lights out from 3 vs the zone like some fans kept predicting on here. Which makes me upset because it took so long for the Mavs to even consider a zone knowing they lacked the perimeter defenders to man up vs LA going all the way back to last years playoffs
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:36 PM   #2
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I'm not sure about Vuc because I think the mavs were content with rolling out Powell prior to his injury and then they've always stated they have enough C's

Now Gordon's name was kind of out there for awhile even prior to this season starting.

I felt like the best time they could have closed a deal for him was on draft night and then when I saw what Denver gave up later it made me puke because I think Brunson was covered by several teams but on MMB they had article saying Brunson was practically untouchable because the mavs viewed him as a long term piece.

We made that mistake with Roddy B if I recall overrating his value to the franchise long term success.

But it was clear doing the season that JB struggled to his got vs teams with length on the perimeter and that wasn't going to change in the playoffs. I felt like him and burke were virtually the same players that's why I would have dangled him in a trade for someone like Gordon.

But hey they are where they are now....

I just hate to see them blow a 2-0 lead by losing 4 out of the last 5 games because that to me is a choke job considering how often teams have blown that type of lead in playoff history.

I'm praying RC will do two things tomorrow

1) post up Luka a little more possibly getting either PG or KL in early foul trouble

2) Close the game out if close with zone defense and Boban getting more 4th qtr minutes to give us an option to score beyond jacking up 3's every 4th qtr possession

Clippers haven't really shot the lights out from 3 vs the zone like some fans kept predicting on here. Which makes me upset because it took so long for the Mavs to even consider a zone knowing they lacked the perimeter defenders to man up vs LA going all the way back to last years playoffs

I hope RC sticks with Boban and KP in the zone. The more time that group has together, the better they will play. I wish the Mavs had one extra day, so RC could tweak the offense with that group a bit more, but I did like what he did prior to game 6. We just need Boban to hit more bunnies, and to have some of those entry passes to him in the lane be a bit better placed.

The Mavs were so close in my mind to really blowing both of those games wide open, but they just couldn't take that next step. I'm hopeful that they will find that next gear tomorrow. If they can do that, then the main concern is going to be their horrendous finishing. At least if Boban is in the middle down the stretch, there will be an inside option in addition to the overused Luka iso or a last second, poorly jacked up 3pt shot.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think we'll have a good idea by the end of the first quarter tomorrow. I honestly expect the Mavs to have a double digit lead if they start the Boban-KP zone group again.

We'll see. Go Mavs!

Last edited by turin; 06-05-2021 at 07:38 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:47 PM   #3
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yeah I will never understand the argument that seems to somehow get thrown out there that the mavs are a young team and need experience 1st to win playoff series.

I've always felt when you have guys like Kleber, THJ, DFS, Boban, KP, WCS, Powell and Richardson all closer to 30 than they are 20 there is no way in hell this team should keep being labeled young or inexperienced.

But somehow you'll get a few posters who will continue to walk down that path going into the playoffs back to back years.

I brought up both Phoenix and Atlanta in another thread as two teams who quickly passed Dallas this year because they surrounded their star players with pieces via trades or FA that their FO evaluated properly and sort of made bolder moves than the mavs.

For example a lot of fans here would of told you Chris Paul had a terrible contract and didn't fit the timeline of Luka so there would be no need to make an aggressive move like that to win now.

Does Paul fit the booker/Ayton timeline?

On top of that they added a big wing defender like Crowder just for these playoff moments

The Hawks going after Bogdanovic was a smart move and one that I thought for sure last offseason the mavs would go hard after considering they were allegedly in love with him and needed another ball handler but they were waiting on Giannis a bigger fish pipe dream again

I thought A.Gordon would make a terrific fit on this team because they have been needing a serious big wing defender for years. I can't help but think if the mavs really wanted Gordon they could have got it done draft night for sure way before the trade deadline and even at the deadline if they weren't so in love with certain players already on this roster like a package built around Brunson/Kleber I think Orlando would've listened depending on what else you were adding to the deal.

Seems like small moves centered around guys like Wright, Richardson or Redick is what they are only willing to do in order to not disrupt much of the top rotation. It honestly wouldn't shock me if they make a similar deal this offseason for someone like Dragic.

They believed it was more worth the risk to stay intact and hope that a big fish finally lands here.

I agree with a few others even if they win this series they can't let that cloud their vision at some point you got to fix this defensive issue with bigger wing and get you a true secondary ball handler things that have lingered for 3 years now.
Outstanding analysis! This Atlanta thing is driving me insane that their FO was able to pull together pieces like you mentioned in very short order. Cuban et al keep making the same mistake where they overestimate the talents of their current stable of nice loveable players e.g. Brunson, Maxi, DFS et al and ignore midlevel free agents that could actually fill needs all in the hope of landing the biggest of fish which will never happen. Operation dry powder part 2.

Last edited by Zeus; 06-05-2021 at 10:49 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #4
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a middle ground between “drafting josh green over saddiq bey is the dumbest decision by a FO since Bowie over Jordan” and “Mavs fans are toxic for pointing out flaws.”

That middle ground is that this team has largely overachieved despite its mismatched pieces. Those mismatched pieces are the FO’s fault, but hindsight is 20/20. Like purplefrog said the vast majority of us applauded the moves that hurt the most today — trading for/ paying KP and Seth for JRich.

This off-season could set the stage for Luka’s career and whether he retires a Mav or leaves after his first extension. I don’t think whether this team is critically flawed is up for debate though. The Clippers have tried to hand us this series. If they win game 7 I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re swept by the Jazz. We need the Mavs BT to admit this team can not truly contend as built.
Old 06-05-2021, 02:44 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
That middle ground is that this team has largely overachieved despite its mismatched pieces. Those mismatched pieces are the FO’s fault, but hindsight is 20/20. Like purplefrog said the vast majority of us applauded the moves that hurt the most today — trading for/ paying KP and Seth for JRich.
But if we overchieved, then why is that a bad thing? That's where the argument drifts away.

When is it ever bad to overachieve? I suppose it puts a false sense of how good the team really is in the FO's mind, but otherwise we should be giving this team at least a decent round of applause.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-05-2021 at 02:45 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:58 PM   #6
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
But if we overchieved, then why is that a bad thing? That's where the argument drifts away.

When is it ever bad to overachieve? I suppose it puts a false sense of how good the team really is in the FO's mind, but otherwise we should be giving this team at least a decent round of applause.

I get your point.

I think we've overachieved given our circumstances -- KP never reaching his old self, Dwight's achilles injury, J-Rich trade not working out, Luka being responsible for such a large share of our offense, our COVID issues, etc.

I think we've underachieved given our talent level and cap situation. This is largely because of Porzingis/ Richardson. The FO should be judged by how it manages those situations this offseason.

I do think the team outside of KP and Richardson deserve props for how they've played given the natural ceiling of this squad with an unhealthy KP.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:27 PM   #7
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

The overachieve/underachieve evaluation is completely subjective. Who exactly is deciding this? I don't buy the overachieve so much. I've watched pretty much every game, and there were entirely too many games lost this season due to a combination of poor coaching decisions and choking down the stretch.

Are the Mavs going to win them all? Of course not, but you expect to see some improvement year over year in these areas, especially in light of the fact that we are pretty much playing with the very same group we had last year.

I guess you could say that numbers-wise we choked away less games this year than last. How many less? 2? Maybe 3? Headscratching coaching decisions? Considering this is year 2 with basically the same group, quite a bit more than last year.

When I think about the overachieve/underachieve evaluation, I think about the roster and what the coach is getting out of it. Most know that I'm critical of RC. I think he makes head scratching decisions way too often, and he's late to the party at times with what appear to be "obvious" changes, even to fans. Also, I think most people would admit that he is stubborn and will continue to throw the same lineup out over and over again only to watch it fail in the exact same way almost every time.

The MBT has publicly said that they are very happy with this team and wouldn't want to disrupt this group, so either they are blowing smoke up our butts, or they really believe this. So the real question is, if they aren't lying to us, then why is RC not getting more out of the group because, imo, the MBT's stated expectations for this group doesn't match performance, at least, not in my eyes. Unless the MBT is lying to us, then they should be the first to admit the Mavs are underachieving based upon their implied expectations. I would agree with them on this point.

For example, the 2 bigs in a zone option has only been unveiled as an option of last resort beginning game 5 of this playoff series. I think this is ridiculous considering the composition of this roster. They have 2 of the 3 tallest bigs in the entire NBA! The coaching staff should be making adjustments on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball regardless of preferred system. The systems need to either be changed or tailored to the skillsets and talent of the actual players on the roster, not some theoretical, analytics-based, best-case, min/max scenario. I don't think this has been done well enough, and that is the job of the coaches, and the main reason that I don't think the Mavs have overperformed.

You may think I'm being hypercritical, but it cannot be overstated how important it is to NOT shoot oneself in the foot. Don't believe me? If Mann goes ahead and makes the layup at the open rim in front of him at the end of Game 5, the Clippers probably win, and the series is over now. What if RC doesn't call the the late game timeout in Game 6, and the Mavs keep playing through with momentum, not even mentioning the option of closing with Boban-KP in a zone? The Mavs may very well have won and the series is now over. EVERYTHING is magnified in importance during the playoffs. It only takes ONE blunder to cost your team a series. Players not executing is a very different thing than a coaching blunder. Mann's screwup was a player screwup. RC's was a coaching blunder. Between the 2, who should we expect to be LEAST LIKELY to screw up with the game on the line? Players or coach? I'd argue it's the HoF coach.

Last edited by turin; 06-06-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:37 PM   #8
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
The overachieve/underachieve evaluation is completely subjective. Who exactly is deciding this? I don't buy the overachieve so much. I've watched pretty much every game, and there were entirely too many games lost this season due to a combination of poor coaching decisions and choking down the stretch.

Are the Mavs going to win them all? Of course not, but you expect to see some improvement year over year in these areas, especially in light of the fact that we are pretty much playing with the very same group we had last year.

I guess you could say that numbers-wise we choked away less games this year than last. How many less? 2? Maybe 3? Headscratching coaching decisions? Considering this is year 2 with basically the same group, quite a bit more than last year.

When I think about the overachieve/underachieve evaluation, I think about the roster and what the coach is getting out of it. Most know that I'm critical of RC. I think he makes head scratching decisions way too often, and he's late to the party at times with what appear to be "obvious" changes, even to fans. Also, I think most people would admit that he is stubborn and will continue to throw the same lineup out over and over again only to watch it fail in the exact same way almost every time.

The MBT has publicly said that they are very happy with this team and wouldn't want to disrupt this group, so either they are blowing smoke up our butts, or they really believe this. So the real question is, if they aren't lying to us, then why is RC not getting more out of the group because, imo, the MBT's stated expectations for this group doesn't match performance, at least, not in my eyes. Unless the MBT is lying to us, then they would have to admit that the Mavs are underachieving based upon their public stance. I would agree with them on this point.

For example, the 2 bigs in a zone option has only been unveiled as an option of last resort beginning game 5 of this playoff series. I think this is ridiculous considering the composition of this roster. They have 2 of the 3 tallest bigs in the entire NBA! The coaching staff should be making adjustments on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball regardless of preferrred system. Their play needs to be tailored to the skillsets and talent of the actual players on the roster, not some theoretical analytics-based, best-case hypothetical. I don't thing this has been done well enough, and that is the job of the coaches, and the main reason that I don't think the Mavs have overperformed.

You may think I'm being hypercritical, but it cannot be overstated how important it is to NOT shoot oneself in the foot. Don't believe me? If Mann goes ahead and makes the layup at the open rim in front of him at the end of Game 5, the Clippers probably win, and the series is over now. What if RC doesn't call the the late game timeout in Game 6, and the Mavs keep playing through with momentum, not even mentioning the option of closing with Boban-KP in a zone? The Mavs may very well have won and the series is now over. EVERYTHING is magnified in importance during the playoffs. It only takes ONE blunder to cost your team a series. Players not executing is a very different thing than a coaching blunder. Mann's screwup was a player screwup. RC's was a coaching blunder. Between the 2, who should we expect to be LEAST LIKELY to screw up with the game on the line? Players or coach? I'd argue it's the HoF coach.
A couple of comments...

An abundance of talent can make a mediocre coach look really good. Mediocre talent can make a good coach look bad on occasion. Truly great coaches can make mediocre talent look like a contender. So, where does that leave us?

I don't buy the idea that the Mavs roster has an abundance of talent because you really need a legitimate #2 superstar to be at that level. That's my opinion. Second, being 3-3 with the Clippers suggests this Mavs team is playing really well even though there have been occasions where they missed opportunities to clinch this series. So, I think that leaves us with two options: RC is a good or great coach. If the Mavs win this series and go on to contend with the Jazz then I think you can legitimately label RC as a great coach (even great coaches make mistakes from time to time). If they lose tomorrow, then maybe he is only a good coach. If you want to replace him, then you would hope you can find a great coach to take his place. I am not convinced a great coach is available at this time.

Finally, it is difficult (maybe impossible) to reconcile the idea that the MBT is "happy with the roster" and that RC is a great coach. I agree these two ideas seem to be at odds with each other. My question (assuming the Mavs do not win the championship) is do the Mavs change coaches or make significant roster changes? Both? Right now, it seems most logical to try and upgrade the roster and give a good, maybe great coach another opportunity to win a championship.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:58 PM   #9
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
A couple of comments...

An abundance of talent can make a mediocre coach look really good. Mediocre talent can make a good coach look bad on occasion. Truly great coaches can make mediocre talent look like a contender. So, where does that leave us?

I don't buy the idea that the Mavs roster has an abundance of talent because you really need a legitimate #2 superstar to be at that level. That's my opinion. Second, being 3-3 with the Clippers suggests this Mavs team is playing really well even though there have been occasions where they missed opportunities to clinch this series. So, I think that leaves us with two options: RC is a good or great coach. If the Mavs win this series and go on to contend with the Jazz then I think you can legitimately label RC as a great coach (even great coaches make mistakes from time to time). If they lose tomorrow, then maybe he is only a good coach. If you want to replace him, then you would hope you can find a great coach to take his place. I am not convinced a great coach is available at this time.

Finally, it is difficult (maybe impossible) to reconcile the idea that the MBT is "happy with the roster" and that RC is a great coach. I agree these two ideas seem to be at odds with each other. My question (assuming the Mavs do not win the championship) is do the Mavs change coaches or make significant roster changes? Both? Right now, it seems most logical to try and upgrade the roster and give a good, maybe great coach another opportunity to win a championship.
Thanks for the feedback. Good comments. I think I would place the RC in the better than good but not great category.

The most perplexing question to be answered is not even whether or not to keep RC, but rather, what is the most important change to make going forward? Considering the fact that Cuban is the owner, and assuming that he's not the issue like Jones is with the Cowboys, then I think it's time to make a change at GM first and foremost, and then I let the new GM make the decision about RC.

If Cuban is the main issue, which I have a sneaking suspicion that's the case, then I don't think there will be any changes at all, and I'm not sure that it would make much of a difference anyway.

For me, this is the most frustrating thing about the Mavs, and unfortunately, since RC is the closest of the 3 of the MBT to the team that we see on a daily basis, he is going to receive the brunt of the criticism - deservedly so or not. It's because of this that I'm so critical of RC. The roster is what the roster is, and I want him to squeeze every last ounce of potential out of it. My preferred style of play for this roster is very different than his, and I think that's why I have such an issue with him.

In the end it's not really so much about RC as it is about Luka. I just hate to see the years pass and opportunities for advancement in the playoffs potentially missed when I think there are changes and adjustments to be tried that, while they won't guarantee a series win, give the Mavs a better opportunity to win than what's been tried so far.

Unfortunately, it's only in hindsight that we'll be able to truly know whether the MBT has done enough to keep Luka long-term, and that's really the most important thing to me. Bottom line for me, everybody is expendable and can move on, Cuban included, so long as that means Luka is happy and stays. Yes, I know Cuban isn't going anywhere, but that's how important I think it is to make Luka committed and happy to stay in Dallas.

Last edited by turin; 06-06-2021 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #10
Fuzz

Fuzz will become famous soon enoughFuzz will become famous soon enough

I was at the game and very vividly recall seeing Luka screaming at Carlisle after that timeout. He was signaling way before he called it not to call it. I was sitting behind the basket on the opposite end of the Mavs bench.

At that point, there was a building momentum, the crowd was into it, the players where into it. The timeout was absolutely inexplicable at the time and it still is. It was one of the moments where you FELT they were about to stomp on them and if we felt it as fans there is absolutely no way the players didn't feel it, especially a player like Luka that feeds from it.

I don't know if it was Rick trying to establish his control over the team. To not fold to his star player. But this is Luka Doncic. You fucking let him flow into the game. I haven't read anything about why Rick called that time out but it was truly a mistake in my view. To close the game, playing out if timeouts always doomed the Mavs everytime we had a lead.

In my opinion, that isn't a good look for Carlisle or the Mavs. Especially if they go on to lose this series. Luka is a generational talent. Still makes mistakes, but the guy dominates. The way the Mavs finished that fourth quarter was frankly the worst I've seen our of Carlisle. Why did he leave Kebler in there? Why did he allow Kawhi to be 1-1 with Luka on defense to close the game?

Our guys missed open shots, we had plenty of opportunities to put them away imo. But that entire 4th quarter and loss was on the coach's lack of trying. It's a closeout game. It was clearly not working. Go to what worked. Try ANYTHING ELSE. And I wouldn't hesitate to think that one way for Carlisle to see the exit is to butt heads with Luka.

I know y'all have discussed this to death. But I also wanted to vent.

Last edited by Fuzz; 06-05-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:58 PM   #11
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Jesus Erica get over it. This is an online forum. Populated by hundreds of DIFFERENT people with DIFFERENT opinions. I've said it before too, that you are being a hypocrite. Plain and simple. I've seen you bash the Mavs, the FO, everything, many times when we lose or play horribly. You're no "better" than anyone here. We are all equal. Oh you're a moderator? Even worse lol. You have alot more posts? Who cares. We are all equal, in that we are Mavs fans. That's why we're here.

Shit I've been fed up with Carlisle for a year and a half or more. And I pray to Mark Cuban to get rid of him this off-season!

But hey, if you dont like things that are being posted, or think this forum has become "toxic" then either ignore or go somewhere else. Who fucking cares. Everyone has their thoughts and opinions. And again, you've been "toxic" with some posts in the past too, to use your word. Get over it and just realize it's a FORUM and just keep being a Mavs fan if you want in whatever way you choose.

I'm not even going to look at this thread again so if you have some choice words for me, they won't be seen. Just chill and be a fan and enjoy your life. Take care.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:29 PM   #12
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
Jesus Erica get over it. This is an online forum. Populated by hundreds of DIFFERENT people with DIFFERENT opinions. I've said it before too, that you are being a hypocrite. Plain and simple. I've seen you bash the Mavs, the FO, everything, many times when we lose or play horribly. You're no "better" than anyone here. We are all equal. Oh you're a moderator? Even worse lol. You have alot more posts? Who cares. We are all equal, in that we are Mavs fans. That's why we're here.

Shit I've been fed up with Carlisle for a year and a half or more. And I pray to Mark Cuban to get rid of him this off-season!

But hey, if you dont like things that are being posted, or think this forum has become "toxic" then either ignore or go somewhere else. Who fucking cares. Everyone has their thoughts and opinions. And again, you've been "toxic" with some posts in the past too, to use your word. Get over it and just realize it's a FORUM and just keep being a Mavs fan if you want in whatever way you choose.

I'm not even going to look at this thread again so if you have some choice words for me, they won't be seen. Just chill and be a fan and enjoy your life. Take care.
You preaching to the choir here.

Way too many sensitive fans that get upset over other fans on a sports forum who don't bring positivity to everything the mavs do.

You go into a barbershop and you'll get 10 different guys who disagree on something but no one ever really takes it personal when talking about sports

You listen to sports talk radio and the host will sit and listen to hundreds of callers who complain about their local teams.

On this particular site fans are so sensitive it's amusing at times. If you don't like what someone post just ignore them it's not that serious tbh
Old 06-05-2021, 11:56 PM   #13
Dallas41
Diamond Member

The belief was that the Clippers will fold late in games but these numbers are quite alarming for the Mavs

The Mavericks are struggling in the last period in this series, they’re shooting 34 percent from the floor and have been outscored by 29 points in the six games.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:05 AM   #14
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The belief was that the Clippers will fold late in games but these numbers are quite alarming for the Mavs

The Mavericks are struggling in the last period in this series, they’re shooting 34 percent from the floor and have been outscored by 29 points in the six games.
We need another dude that can dribble and pass the frickin basketball (that isn’t a midget) in the worst way. We have no one besides Luka and to a much lesser extent THJ that can make a team pay. We may have to try Trey. He’s a little better on defense than Brunson. He can create separation and get his shot off. He just hasn’t played much.

I hope that they can get somebody legit for next season. Even Fournier would’ve helped, but ideally someone better.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-06-2021 at 03:06 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:14 AM   #15
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
We need another dude that can dribble and pass the frickin basketball (that isn’t a midget) in the worst way. We have no one besides Luka and to a much lesser extent THJ that can make a team pay. We may have to try Trey. He’s a little better on defense than Brunson. He can create separation and get his shot off. He just hasn’t played much.

I hope that they can get somebody legit for next season. Even Fournier would’ve helped, but ideally someone better.
I'm surprised Burke hasn't been used in this series. Rick must have forgotten how good he was in last year's series.
Wouldn't surprise me if Burke sees some minutes in this one if Brunson shows any signs of struggle.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:36 AM   #16
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yep I noticed it after game 4, and then thankfully the Mavs were up 15 in game 5, otherwise they lose that one too. And we saw how the fourth went in game 6.

Who chokes less moves on to the second round
Old 06-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #17
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Who chokes less moves on to the second round
How frustratingly true this is! KL isn't a choker, and Luka is usually running on fumes by the end of the game, so I give the Clippers an edge in this department. The Mavs need to be closing with something less predictable than iso-Luka if they plan on advancing.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:36 AM   #18
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

The next evolution of Luka the superstar will likely be actually getting into excellent physical shape. Shedding 15 lbs of fat and gaining 5 to 10 lbs of muscle so he will be a little lighter yet much stronger with better endurance. On the Mavs moneyball podcast the host discussed the whispers around the organization that Luka eats like a teenager. I pictured a bunch of chicken nuggets and pizza
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #19
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The next evolution of Luka the superstar will likely be actually getting into excellent physical shape. Shedding 15 lbs of fat and gaining 5 to 10 lbs of muscle so he will be a little lighter yet much stronger with better endurance. On the Mavs moneyball podcast the host discussed the whispers around the organization that Luka eats like a teenager. I pictured a bunch of chicken nuggets and pizza

I like their podcast because they are genuinely honest about a lot of things involving the Mavs on and off the court.

No one ever gets butthurt when people voice their disatisfaction about the mavs play, coaching or Front office decisions.

They actually have an understanding that not all fans will view everything the same.

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-06-2021 at 02:02 PM.