Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default NBA League Pass

Noticed you can get NBA league pass app for 50 bucks.

Does anyone know for sure if you can mirror the app to your TV? Or other suggestions other than paying 160 for tv league pass? For instance whatever I'm watching on YouTube from my phone I can mirror on the TV.

Thanks for suggestions
Old 10-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

You won't get nationally televised games (TNT, ESPN, NBATv, ABC, etc...), but if you can deal with that, the App is a good deal.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

mirroring depends on the device and your setup. It did not work with airplay and an iphone, but may work for some android-- I just can't guarantee it and the NBA has been cracking down so fewer and fewer devices support it and even if a device works to mirror now, doesn't mean it will in November or later, and I'd only recommend it if you are an Android person with a rooted device and a lot of knowledge of workarounds. It also does not work on 3G, works intermittently on 4g, and is occasionally buggy on Wifi so don't buy it thinking you'll be riding around on the bus watching games unless your bus has wifi. Don't buy it unless you are 100% certain you only want to watch it on your phone and that you'll have wifi (or very fast 4g) where you want to watch it, because that may be all you get.

Also, national TV (ABC, TNT, ESPN, NBA TV, etc. ) are all blacked out, but this year will be available to watch the next day. If you live in DFW, you may have every local game blacked out as well, and they will not be put into the archive for you. Make sure you know what you are doing, because their customer service is AWFUL. Just read the Deadspin article about their horror stories. Don;t expect a refund or even a reply that addresses your concerns. Even in cases of legitimate issues, they have often denied refunds, so they certainly wouldn't refund you if mirroring didn't work since the license you are buying forbids watching it on anything but a mobile device. There is a reason it's only $50 and they are working hard to make sure there aren't workarounds and if you find one, it's not covered by NBA support.

http://deadspin.com/5956559/nba-leag...uld-not-buy-it

Anyway, I got the NBA LP Broadband last year for $129 and it was pretty good. There is an early savings of 5-10 bucks and you can save $60 if you want to narrow it down to a few teams. I just choose the Mavs and 4 other random teams and only watched the Mavs. $130 really isn't too bad, when you consider that it's like 5 monthly payments of $25 and that it's less than $2 a game if you catch them all.

I watched on my PC hooked up to my TV last year and this year there is an AppleTV app that I'll try to watch it on. It looked pretty good and worked for about 85-90% of games. It was worth it to me as a rabid Mavs fan in AZ. There will always be illegal livestreams and they are getting better, but they still average about 240p blocky pixels and NBA LPB usually sits (and occasionally stutters) at about 480p-600p-- which it considers to be "HD". It still looks good enough on a 60" plasma to be watchable and enjoyable, particularly because I don't want to pay $90 per month for cable, and an additional $190 for 2,378 games I won't watch.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-15-2013 at 03:39 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
mirroring depends on the device and your setup. It did not work with airplay and an iphone, but may work for some android-- I just can't guarantee it and the NBA has been cracking down so fewer and fewer devices support it and even if a device works to mirror now, doesn't mean it will in November or later, and I'd only recommend it if you are an Android person with a rooted device and a lot of knowledge of workarounds. It also does not work on 3G, works intermittently on 4g, and is occasionally buggy on Wifi so don't buy it thinking you'll be riding around on the bus watching games unless your bus has wifi. Don't buy it unless you are 100% certain you only want to watch it on your phone and that you'll have wifi (or very fast 4g) where you want to watch it, because that may be all you get.

Also, national TV (ABC, TNT, ESPN, NBA TV, etc. ) are all blacked out, but this year will be available to watch the next day. If you live in DFW, you may have every local game blacked out as well, and they will not be put into the archive for you. Make sure you know what you are doing, because their customer service is AWFUL. Just read the Deadspin article about their horror stories. Don;t expect a refund or even a reply that addresses your concerns. Even in cases of legitimate issues, they have often denied refunds, so they certainly wouldn't refund you if mirroring didn't work since the license you are buying forbids watching it on anything but a mobile device. There is a reason it's only $50 and they are working hard to make sure there aren't workarounds and if you find one, it's not covered by NBA support.

Anyway, I got the NBA LP Broadband last year for $129 and it was pretty good. There is an early savings of 5-10 bucks and you can save $60 if you want to narrow it down to a few teams. I just choose the Mavs and 4 other random teams and only watched the Mavs. $130 really isn't too bad, when you consider that it's like 5 monthly payments of $25 and that it's less than $2 a game if you catch them all.

I watched on my PC hooked up to my TV last year and this year there is an AppleTV app that I'll try to watch it on. It looked pretty good and worked for about 85-90% of games. It was worth it to me as a rabid Mavs fan in AZ. There will always be illegal livestreams and they are getting better, but they still average about 240p blocky pixels and NBA LPB usually sits (and occasionally stutters) at about 480p-600p-- which it considers to be "HD". It still looks good enough on a 60" plasma to be watchable and enjoyable, particularly because I don't want to pay $90 per month for cable, and an additional $190 for 2,378 games I won't watch.
130 for 5 teams is pretty good. I wouldnt mind that. I would hate getting the android app and things not panning out with the mirroring. Mirroring with the laptop isnt a problem so that might be the best course of action.

Being a cheapskate though, I might do some more digging and see if i can come up with a workaround on the app.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Melonhead
Guru

Whoa on second thought, forget the broadband purchased. I would be furious if i was a customer
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Noticed that they are going to let you pick which team's broadcast you want this year... long overdue. Nothing worse than having to listen to the Cavs' announcers when I know Followill and crew are doing the same work better.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Do you know if this "pick 5 teams" option is available for Direct TV as well?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Eh, gotta edit my sig. . .
Old 10-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill View Post
Not sure. I went directly to nba website to find the pick 5 teams option. Cox wouldnt do it for me, but they suck
Old 10-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill View Post
Pick 5 is only for NBA LPB. LPB has two options-- 189 for all teams or 129 for 5 teams.

Cable/satelite only get one option-- all games for $189. The service is waaaayy better and way more reliable. Almost every game is in HD and hiccups and games that flat out don't work are almost unheard of.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The local dfw games being blacked out is quite a whip. I was hoping to get around having to get cable by doing league pass but no luck.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #12
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The local dfw games being blacked out is quite a whip. I was hoping to get around having to get cable by doing league pass but no luck.
Agreed. I would happily pay money for a way to stream local games via the internet. Even knowing where to watch them for free, I would still pay just for the ease of use and not having to worry about a bad stream. Instead I pay insane amounts of money every month so that I can watch about 3 different channels, depending on who's showing the game that night.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #13
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I would gladly pay the nba lp so I could stream mavs games. I refuse to buy cable just to watch mavs games. That's over $1300 a year just to watch mavs games as I don't watch tv at all besides the mavs. Heck I could get season tickets for less than what cable costs.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I would gladly pay the nba lp so I could stream mavs games. I refuse to buy cable just to watch mavs games. That's over $1300 a year just to watch mavs games as I don't watch tv at all besides the mavs. Heck I could get season tickets for less than what cable costs.
Not to stray too far off topic here, but why is your cable so expensive? I'm in the same boat as you, and the most basic package I could find to still get Mavs games has me at about $700 a year.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I wonder if this is still workable? The older generation Kindle Fire HD on the 8.9" screen is still for sale (not sure how long they plan to keep that going). It has an HDMI output so that you can plug the tablet into your TV and stream onto your TV. I've thought about buying this before just so that I could stream movies onto a hotel room TV. Here's the tablet I'm talking about. I will note that the newest models that just came out this month ditched the HDMI output and so they do NOT offer this solution. It looks like there is a kindle app (NBA Game Time (Kindle Tablet Edition)) that looks to be able to stream the NBA League Pass.

I think this may work, but I haven't tested it out myself. So the question I have is how does the NBA determine if you are in a geographically "blacked out" region? I claim residence in the DFW region, but I work during the week in College Station. I'm curious if it's going to black me out based on whatever residence I claim, or if it is going to sniff out the region of the IP I'm using to access it. So using myself as an example, my guess is that during weekdays in College Station, I would have access to the games, but those weekends I go back to DFW, I would be blacked out. Anyone have any input on either front?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 10-18-2013 at 02:53 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Thats pretty expensive. I pay 1200 a year and that includes wifi at 25 mbps along with the cable. Cox runs a racket but they do a decent deal.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I wonder if this is still workable? The older generation Kindle Fire HD on the 8.9" screen is still for sale (not sure how long they plan to keep that going). It has an HDMI output so that you can plug the tablet into your TV and stream onto your TV. I've thought about buying this before just so that I could stream movies onto a hotel room TV. Here's the tablet I'm talking about. I will note that the newest models that just came out this month ditched the HDMI output and so they do NOT offer this solution. It looks like there is a kindle app (NBA Game Time (Kindle Tablet Edition)) that looks to be able to stream the NBA League Pass.

I think this may work, but I haven't tested it out myself. So the question I have is how does the NBA determine if you are in a geographically "blacked out" region? I claim residence in the DFW region, but I work during the week in College Station. I'm curious if it's going to black me out based on whatever residence I claim, or if it is going to sniff out the region of the IP I'm using to access it. So using myself as an example, my guess is that during weekdays in College Station, I would have access to the games, but those weekends I go back to DFW, I would be blacked out. Anyone have any input on either front?
If you didnt already, Id read the link posted from deadspin. It was enough to scare me off from ordering the app. Im still somewhat wavering. I dont have if i have 200 in me for only mavs games.

Another thought: The Chromecast $35 http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome...ecast/#netflix

Supposedly it mirrors whatever is on your laptop if i am not mistaken. You just plug into your tv. Its wireless. In case you wanted to go the firstrow free route.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
If you didnt already, Id read the link posted from deadspin. It was enough to scare me off from ordering the app. Im still somewhat wavering. I dont have if i have 200 in me for only mavs games.

Another thought: The Chromecast $35 http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome...ecast/#netflix

Supposedly it mirrors whatever is on your laptop if i am not mistaken. You just plug into your tv. Its wireless. In case you wanted to go the firstrow free route.
Yeah, I read the Deadspin post right after I hit "Submit Reply", and it's not a positive thing.

I think Chromecast is somewhat limited at this point. I think it will mirror Netflix, Youtube, and whatever you have on Chrome, but that it doesn't extend much beyond that. Some of the reviews on Amazon can go into more detail there.

There's a lot of technology right now that is on the edge of some cool things, but it seems like we're still in the "tease" phase at this point.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Not to stray too far off topic here, but why is your cable so expensive? I'm in the same boat as you, and the most basic package I could find to still get Mavs games has me at about $700 a year.
Heck I haven't had cable in years tbh. I'm just guesstimating. It did seem like half the bill was taxes. So if the cable package was $80 add another 20 to 30 minimum for taxes and you're over $100 a month.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Yeah, I read the Deadspin post right after I hit "Submit Reply", and it's not a positive thing.

I think Chromecast is somewhat limited at this point. I think it will mirror Netflix, Youtube, and whatever you have on Chrome, but that it doesn't extend much beyond that. Some of the reviews on Amazon can go into more detail there.

There's a lot of technology right now that is on the edge of some cool things, but it seems like we're still in the "tease" phase at this point.
Yeah you can stream whatever is on google chrome. Using the free links on first row, technically you could watch the games. Albeit with ridiculous pop ups
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #21
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Yeah the popups combined with the poor quality attempting to be blown up on the big stream doesn't sound like it would make for very good combination. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #22
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If you want to get creative, you could access LPB via an Amazon EC2 server that's out of the DFW area. That's what we do when the Mavs are playing the Warriors (blacked out where we live). Downside is that you pay for the bandwidth you use on EC2, so if you're doing ALL of the games that way it might end up pretty pricey.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #23
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Agreed. I would happily pay money for a way to stream local games via the internet. Even knowing where to watch them for free, I would still pay just for the ease of use and not having to worry about a bad stream. Instead I pay insane amounts of money every month so that I can watch about 3 different channels, depending on who's showing the game that night.
I emailed Cuban about just paying for Mavs games, and he responded that the current cable/sat system is the only way they can make enough money to pay Dirk. Sports are the last reason to have cable/sat and they know it.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #24
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Got LP for tv again this year and will be trying out the included broadband and mobile versions that come with the package so well see how that goes.

I got broadband one year and for the most part the stream was alright but not sure if my crappy Internet was to blame but it can get a bit laggy at times.

The mobile version will come handy when I work night shifts.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #25
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
I emailed Cuban about just paying for Mavs games, and he responded that the current cable/sat system is the only way they can make enough money to pay Dirk. Sports are the last reason to have cable/sat and they know it.
Moe like the current cable/sat system is the only way his HD Net exists. NBA teams did well enough when their games were on local channels and national broadcast networks.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #26
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

I subscribe to NBA League Pass International because I live in India. It is cheaper $140/year(Plus you get a 15% discount if you subscribe early). I get to stream any game at any time.

One thing that could possibly work is using a VPN to make it look like your IP Address is coming from one of the country's that can use NBA LP International. You couldn't use it on mobile devices, but you could use it on a laptop when you have the VPN on.

Just throwing this out there. A lot of Expats use VPNs to access Hulu, Netflix, Pandora and other things that require an American IP Address. I just thought it could be used the other way around too.

But at $140 you might just want to get the real thing for $189… but being able to always get Mavericks games is a BIG deal.

Last edited by Scott McGuire; 10-20-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGuire View Post
I subscribe to NBA League Pass International because I live in India. It is cheaper $140/year(Plus you get a 15% discount if you subscribe early). I get to stream any game at any time.

One thing that could possibly work is using a VPN to make it look like your IP Address is coming from one of the country's that can use NBA LP International. You couldn't use it on mobile devices, but you could use it on a laptop when you have the VPN on.

Just throwing this out there. A lot of Expats use VPNs to access Hulu, Netflix, Pandora and other things that require an American IP Address. I just thought it could be used the other way around too.

But at $140 you might just want to get the real thing for $189… but being able to always get Mavericks games is a BIG deal.
Dont know how much sense that makes for Americans with League Pass Broadband only being $130 but it's very helpful for DFW fans-- getting another American VPN would avoid all the incredibly stupid blackouts.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So this isn't an answer for the people that want to not order cable and stream games locally, but it IS really nice for people that have cable and travel regularly.

And, just in general, it's a nice sign that the NBA is going to try to be more forward thinking in how it views revenue and viewership for its tv contracts.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...streaming.aspx

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #29
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

International League Pass is $240 here in Australia! But I purchased it through an Indian proxy, which resulted to $99 (with discount code) for me!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #30
Melonhead
Guru

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...-telecasts-699

You can buy single games for 6.99. LOL

But they did add this:

"In the past, fans could only buy all out-of-market games for the season, but this year, the league is also offering a team package, where a fan who lives out of the primary market can get all the team's games for $119.99."

Thats not a bad alternative.

Last edited by Melonhead; 07-22-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #31
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...-telecasts-699

You can buy single games for 6.99. LOL

But they did add this:

"In the past, fans could only buy all out-of-market games for the season, but this year, the league is also offering a team package, where a fan who lives out of the primary market can get all the team's games for $119.99."

Thats not a bad alternative.
The $120 plan would definitely work for me. I hardly have time to watch the Mavs games, much less anyone else. So I always was just "wasting" the 4 other team option. Does anyone use ballstreams, though? How's the quality/app options?
Old 07-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #32
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

I don't know if they're changing it this year, but as of last year, you can't cast broadband games to your tv. At least not natively from your phone or pc. I used the Xbox app last year and, while not working great at all, it got the job done.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:36 AM   #33
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

I "took a trip" to India this year. Paid $111 for ILP.Using the NBA gametime app on my ps4 logged into my Indian PSN account, I can watch every single game on my tv in beautiful quality, even nationally televised games with no black outs. Don't even need a VPN. Also includes all-star games and playoffs. I don't have cable so is this is an amazing option for me and at a very reasonable price.

Anyway good luck bros. was going to try ball streams but they aren't taking anybody new and are likely getting raided soon

Last edited by xrobx; 10-31-2015 at 01:54 AM.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #34
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I "took a trip" to India this year. Paid $111 for ILP.Using the NBA gametime app on my ps4 logged into my Indian PSN account, I can watch every single game on my tv in beautiful quality, even nationally televised games with no black outs. Don't even need a VPN. Also includes all-star games and playoffs. I don't have cable so is this is an amazing option for me and at a very reasonable price.

Anyway good luck bros. was going to try ball streams but they aren't taking anybody new and are likely getting raided soon
Can I get a tutorial on this? (And do I have to pay an additional subscription for the psn plus account?) TIA