Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-11-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough
Default Mavs/Bucks

I'm going to try this one out, and see what you guys think.

Mavericks Incoming:

Richard Jefferson
Charlie Villanueva

Bucks Incoming:

Josh Howard
Jerry Stackhouse
Brandon Bass

Why the Bucks do it: Due to the Bucks injuries. They have already expressed interest in trading Jefferson. They will also have to make a choice on either Sessions or Villanueva thanks to them being restricted free agents. Their main goal right now seems to be to want to save money without to much of a decline in talent. Josh and Richard are putting up identical numbers this year in some categories. What the Bucks will like is that they get a player of either equal or greater value. Then add on that Josh cost less, and is on a shorter contract. Charlie is the tough one. However, they are not sure if they will have the ability to bring him back next year due to financial reasons. I think knowing that they are going to get Bass who can start, and Stack who will help them at their weakened 2 spot will help. It will be interesting to see Bass as a starter. Stack may even get the start over Charlie Bell, or at least get the main back up minutes behind him. They fill every position, they save money, and still keep a decent team on the floor to finish the season. Hard to pass up.

Why the Mavs do it: I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of the lack of chemistry between our point and small forward. We wouldn't have that problem any more with Kidd and Richard. Now I think we lose a little defensively, but Richard brings something this team desperately needs. The ability to get to the free throw line. He is the kind of slasher this team needs, and still has a pretty good shot. I think Richard could give us the same production offensively if not more due to Kidd. He may also be a deciding factor in Kidd choosing to stay. Now, just imagine Terry in the back-court and Villanueva in the front. These two would probably be fighting for sixth man of the year from the same team. He can shoot, he can attack the basket, he's young........I don't think much more needs to be said. I believe the chemistry would become much better in the starting unit with Richard. Terry and Charlie would be a feared combo coming off the bench. Also wait until we see what Kidd could do for Charlie's game. This isn't exactly a terrible move for us financial wise either. This may not be the only move we should make, but I think it is a nice start.

For those who want to see the depth chart:

Kidd/Barea
Wright/Terry
Jefferson/ ? (who ever they decide)
Nowitzki/Villanueva
Dampier/Hollins

Last edited by tybrock; 02-11-2009 at 06:08 AM.
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm, am gonna give JHo and Bass a chance this season, green light for Stackhouse for any back up point guard.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would, The Bucks wouldn't!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

In a second, but I dont think the Bucks do it. I know they might be looking to move both of those guys, but they are still in the playoff picture and they can probably get more if they move them separately

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Swap Villanueva for Charlie Bell and I think you'd get the Bucks attention. You could probably even take out Bass and still have the Bucks interested.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote