Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there any solid position with this guy?

So now the Patriot Act is the greatest things since sliced bread.......Kerry's new campaign slogan (adopted from clinton) "If it polls well, I'm 100% for it!!!".

what a tool

Quote:
As John Kerry (news - web sites) barnstorms swing states in the election's final days, he has harsh words for President Bush (news - web sites) on the Patriot Act: It doesn't go far enough.

Kerry and other Democrats who once called the law, which gives the federal government sweeping powers to fight terrorism in the U.S., a threat to the Constitution are now praising it.

The shift is likely because the act remains popular. A Gallup poll earlier this year found 64% said the act was "about right" or "didn't go far enough."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Is there any solid position with this guy?

Flippity floppity flip flop....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:22 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Is there any solid position with this guy?

OK, so I went and read the whole article. This might not mean much to Reeds and Mavdog, but I am stunned. I really am. He's railed against the Patriot Act for 10 months. This really is a departure. There probably will be a GOP ad on this within 72 hours.

For the record, I have my own complaints against the patriot act. If it were me, when the FBI goes before the judge to get one of these blanket warrants, I would insist the judge make a finding that the matter relates to int'l terrorism.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Dooby. As recently as the second debate, Kerry said that the Patriot Act needed to be "fixed and changed" because "people's rights are being abused." Now he wants to take it further? That is a poll-driven change if I've ever seen one.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:27 PM   #5
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

hmmmm...our next leader will be a flip flopper huh? I guess I'll take that over what we have now...the dumbest administration ever, a needless war, first administration to lose jobs,blew through the surplus in record time and dollar amount, healthcare skyrocketing, 1000s dying in Iraq...HELL yes, give me the flipper..please
Old 10-22-2004, 07:51 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad to hear that you now agree with strengthening the patriot act Reeds. There may be hope for you yet.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-22-2004, 07:56 PM   #7
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

I'll take a flipper over the dumbest president in the history of this country anyday...lets just hope the majority of this country agree's
Old 10-22-2004, 11:04 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Hmmm....I would gather that the dumbest presidential contender was al gore.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:48 PM   #9
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

This is nothing new, it is the same as what was said by Kerry in the debate, and what Kerry has said for months. Anybody who wishes to re-read his speechs on the subject will find the message ahs not changed any, and here's what his website says:

Quote:
JOHN KERRY WANTS TO STRENGTHEN THE PATRIOT ACT: Kerry, Craig, Specter and others have spoken about the need to fix the Patriot Act to improve its effectiveness as an anti-terrorism tool and keep it from being used to violate civil liberties. Last December, Kerry detailed his plan to fix the Patriot Act during a speech in Iowa:

KEEP 95 PERCENT OF PROVISIONS. Kerry supports and would retain over 95% of the approximately 140 provisions in the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act gave law enforcement some important new tools after 9/11, and John Kerry believes we must keep over 95 percent of the provisions. •

• ENHANCE EFFORTS TO END MONEY-LAUNDERING. Kerry will expand efforts and the money-laundering provisions he championed that are part of the Patriot Act. For example, he will freeze assets of foreign banks known to hold funds of terrorist groups. Paid for by Kerry-Edwards 2004, Inc.
www.JohnKerry.com

STRENGTHEN INFORMATION SHARING BETWEEN INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY. Kerry has called for the creation of a Director of National Intelligence to improve the flow of information between intelligence, defense and law enforcement offices and better protect America. Kerry wants state and local authorities to have immediate access to national terrorist lists and 24-hour operations center should be created to link local and federal law enforcement. •

• FIX PARTS OF THE PATRIOT ACT TO PREVENT ABUSES WHILE RETAINING AUTHORITY TO FIGHT TERROR. John Kerry along with Senator John Sununu, Larry Craig, and Arlen Specter supports new safeguards to prevent abuses of the Patriot Act—while retaining all of government’s needed power to fight terror. For example, Kerry would require a judge to review the evidence before allowing a search of a person’s library records, instead of having the judge act as a rubber stamp, as under current law. In addition, Kerry would require real proof that a sneak-and-peek search is necessary before allowing that type of search, instead of allowing that search virtually anytime. These measures would not reduce the government’s power to fight terror—they would just ensure that the government’s use of these powers is truly necessary.
Sorry, for all those who are screaming about a flip flop, there's consistentcy.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:52 AM   #10
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

From that Iowa speech:

“We are a nation of laws and liberties, not of a knock in the night. So it is time to end the era of John Ashcroft. That starts with replacing the Patriot Act with a new law that protects our people and our liberties at the same time. I’ve been a District Attorney and I know that what law enforcement needs are real tools not restrictions on American’s basic rights.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At Iowa State University, 12/1/03)

He didn't want to fix it. He wanted to replace it.

For it when he voted for it. Against it when he was trying to defeat Howard Dean. For it now that he's trying to defeat President Bush.

Whatever is expedient at the moment...