Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Players Donnie needs to be talking about

I have a list of 4 players that I think Donnie should be calling on -- to check availability -- who might be available for Stack/Bass/George or a combination there of.

Marcus Camby -- athletic Center who would start immediately for Dallas and provide PF backup.

Chris Kaman -- if they don't want to move Camby, maybe Kaman- he is more of an offensive threat than Damp/Diop.

Bargnani -- 7' PF with range -- in a motion offense with Dirk -- that would make the awfully hard to stop. With Dirk, Bargnani, and Diop they could send out three very athletic 7'

Gerald Wallace -- this would move JHo to the SG, and I have no clue if that would work or not with a Kidd led offense. This would get Stack back to NC though, and they could use Bass at the PF for Brown.

Dallas really needs a starting SG, but I couldn't think of one that would fit the criteria above.

Who else should Donnie be checking into the availability of, if the trading pieces are Stack, Bass, and George ?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think in all four instances you're shooting awfully high with that package.

In Kaman's case, particularly, they would hang up on you.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-06-2008 at 02:41 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I don't like the idea of moving J-Ho to starting shooting guard, especially because of his disappearing act later when we need a viable perimeter threat in games. We're actually quite deep with the SG position, the problem is that the pieces aren't being utilized correctly (no Stack, more Green). I think we need to either go something like the Camby route which you suggested, or perhaps go for a true back up point guard (so our rotation is Jet/green/wright - not in that order persay - at SG). We could get rid of JJB, have no more JJB/JET chaos mix, no more JET poorly running the offense. We need to mix and match our second unit better so that there is cohesion, whether between the entire second unit by itself or the second unit mixed with the starters. I honestly don't know who to go for in this latter category though, except Cuban's potential interest in Stephon Marbury.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think in all four instances you're shooting awfully high with that package.

In Kaman's case, particularly, they would hang up on you.
Of course I am shooting high, no reason to shoot low, because it wouldn't help the Mavs.

Kaman -- you might be very correct. I only used him because he makes a little less than Camby, has a longer contract, plays for the Clippers (please don't forget this one), and is only avg 13 ppg so far this year.

I think any of the four, you would need a little luck to have them happen.

With that said, Who else should Donnie be looking at and why?

<edit> if NY will buy out Starbury and you can get that talent for minimum -- then it doesn't cost much to see what he can do for you.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Last edited by dalmations202; 11-06-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the focus clearly needs to be on a legit starting shooting guard, ala Mike Miller. I posted a list of a few guys that might be attainable in another thread, but it's a pretty bare trade market for SG's right now. I love Gerald Wallace, but I think I agree with KG that Josh just doesn't work at SG.

If I'm calling Charlotte (who I do think would have a use for Bass, btw) I'm wanting to talk about Jason Richardson.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-06-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
I don't like the idea of moving J-Ho to starting shooting guard, especially because of his disappearing act later when we need a viable perimeter threat in games. We're actually quite deep with the SG position, the problem is that the pieces aren't being utilized correctly (no Stack, more Green). I think we need to either go something like the Camby route which you suggested, or perhaps go for a true back up point guard (so our rotation is Jet/green/wright - not in that order persay - at SG). We could get rid of JJB, have no more JJB/JET chaos mix, no more JET poorly running the offense. We need to mix and match our second unit better so that there is cohesion, whether between the entire second unit by itself or the second unit mixed with the starters. I honestly don't know who to go for in this latter category though, except Cuban's potential interest in Stephon Marbury.
I don't like JET starting because of his size, and because he is a jump shooter. Dallas gets in that jump shooting mentality early when he starts. It looks good when they fall, and awful when it doesn't.

With JET, JHo, Wallce, Dirk, Damp -- you get good D and that take it to the hole mentality to start the game. If they zone it up, then JET comes in at the SG to bust the zone. Need more offense, and less D, then Kidd, Jet, JHo, Wallace, Dirk could play some serious smallball.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

If LA can get Pau Gasol for rags.. surely we could get something for Stack and George.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think the focus clearly needs to be on a legit starting shooting guard, ala Mike Miller. I posted a list of a few guys that might be attainable in another thread, but it's a pretty bare trade market for SG's right now. I love Gerald Wallace, but I think I agree with KG that Josh just doesn't work at SG.

If I'm calling Charlotte (who I do think would have a use for Bass, btw) I'm wanting to talk about Jason Richardson.
But JRich makes too much money, are you sending Damp or JET with Stack and Bass to get him?

Old 11-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

You only have to be within 25%. Stack,Bass and George puts you pretty close. You could probably find filler to make it work (JJB, although he's BYC).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Any deal involving George has to wait until December 15, I believe, due to his recent signing.

Bigs:

Chris Wilcox -OKC: Athletic, plays above the rim and can switch between the 4 and 5. Supposedly OKC is shopping him and he has an expiring contract. Defense is suspect.

Sean Williams of NJ: He has been in the dog house in NJ and rumor has it they are shopping him. He is an athletic 4/5 who can get in transition, throw down highlight dunks/alley oops and block shots. Very raw. Perhaps a bit of a knucklehead. Some highlights of him here, most involving J-Kidd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FK-I...eature=related

Guards:

Ideally we would like to get someone like Mike Miller, Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace or maybe Vince Carter but with the package we're offering we have to be realistic:

SG Jama Crawford 6'5" 200 lbs - NY: Still a bit of a reach with our package but Crawford would be a great pick up. He does well in transition and has a very accurate shot, particularly with long range 2 pointers. Defense is suspect.

SG Desmond Mason 6'5" 222 lbs -OKC: Athletic, very good defensive player, excels in the transition game and is a tremendous dunk/alley oop threat. Doesn't have a good jump shot.

SG Anthony Parker 6'6" 215 lbs -TOR: (My favorite reasonable option) Deadly shot from pretty much everywhere. Great at the catch and shoot. Decent defender and smart player. Good size but average athleticism. Getting old (33).

SF Jamario Moon 6'8" 205 lbs. - TOR: Athletic defensive player who can convert around the basket and dunk with authority. Doesn't get to the line very much and struggles with shot. Would have to move Howard to the 2.

SG/SF John Salmons 6'6" 207 lbs. - SAC: Athletic, very good at slashing to the basket for dunks/layups. Good defender. Poor jump shooter.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 11-06-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Mike Miller must be in this thread.

Thanks.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Mike Miller must be in this thread.

Thanks.
I think everyone loves the idea of M Miller.

I just don't see it happening for that package though.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I think everyone loves the idea of M Miller.

I just don't see it happening for that package though.
Me either. Honestly, if we expect to get a SG of real value I think we're going to have to split with Dampier and there are only two teams out there that 1) have a quality SG, and 2) could use his services: New York and Charlotte.

1) New York: Curry has been crap for them and they are desparate for a quality starting center. They're also looking to unload some cash so:

Dallas Gets:
Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford

New York Gets:
Erick Dampier
Jerry Stackhouse

2) Charlotte needs help at C and backup PF. They also may be looking to unload some cash and Adam Morrison, so:

Dallas Gets:
Jason Richardson
Adam Morrison
Nazr Mohammed

Charlotte Gets:
Erick Dampier
Brandon Bass
Jerry Stackhouse

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Now I might be able to get behind that Charlotte trade. Maybe.

Not sure how Damp fits into D'Antoni's system in New York.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Me either. Honestly, if we expect to get a SG of real value I think we're going to have to split with Dampier and there are only two teams out there that 1) have a quality SG, and 2) could use his services: New York and Charlotte.

1) New York: Curry has been crap for them and they are desparate for a quality starting center. They're also looking to unload some cash so:

Dallas Gets:
Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford

New York Gets:
Erick Dampier
Jerry Stackhouse

2) Charlotte needs help at C and backup PF. They also may be looking to unload some cash and Adam Morrison, so:

Dallas Gets:
Jason Richardson
Adam Morrison
Nazr Mohammed

Charlotte Gets:
Erick Dampier
Brandon Bass
Jerry Stackhouse
I like trade 2.

Who does that make as Dirks backup though?

Diop and Nazr --- OK....but weak.
Dirk and ???? --- ouch.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #16
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Staying more realistic....i think we will be ok at sg when things settle down a little. Some of those trades are too unrealistic....I think we have Jet and Green at the 2 that can shoot...soo i think we need a more physical 2....and one guy comes to mind here who is available. I know some of you will get on me, but we have been talking about Bonzi for a long time and yes hes older..but he can still put up double digits every night and is very physical. I would def. Give Bonzi a look if wer struggling at the sg spot deeper into the season, which I dont think we will be.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
I like trade 2.

Who does that make as Dirks backup though?

Diop and Nazr --- OK....but weak.
Dirk and ???? --- ouch.
Looks like it would have to be Singleton. Maybe even call Rhodes back up just to add depth behind Singleton. I know the back up front line looks a little weak but if grabbing a quality 2 is that important you have to give something up.

Diop / Nazr
Dirk / Singleton / (FA?)
Howard / Green / George
Richardson / Wright
Kidd / Terry

Old 11-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Looks like it would have to be Singleton. Maybe even call Rhodes back up just to add depth behind Singleton. I know the back up front line looks a little weak but if grabbing a quality 2 is that important you have to give something up.

Diop / Nazr
Dirk / Singleton / (FA?)
Howard / Green / George
Richardson / Wright
Kidd / Terry
I can live with this:
Diop / Nazr
Dirk /
Howard / Green
Richardson / Wright
Kidd / Terry

But backup PF worries me when neither C can play it, and both SF are really to light for it.

Singleton is too small as well.

I don't know if I would do the deal or not. I tend to prefer to build the frontcourt and then the back.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #19
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
I can live with this:
Diop / Nazr
Dirk /
Howard / Green
Richardson / Wright
Kidd / Terry

But backup PF worries me when neither C can play it, and both SF are really to light for it.

Singleton is too small as well.

I don't know if I would do the deal or not. I tend to prefer to build the frontcourt and then the back.

Don't forget that our most important player plays that position so in all reality the back up 4 spot doesn't have to be magnificent, just sufficient. In games that matter it won't be heavily utilized and in blowouts it doesn't matter who's there, just as long as Dirk is getting some rest. I think between George, Williams, and Singleton that position would be just fine.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #20
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'm glad you're not GM because I feel those guys have a price tag higher than their value.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #21
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

DeShawn Stevenson??
Matt Carroll??

The Wizards need another postup guy because Haywood is out for the season. Perhaps you can package Stack and Bass for Stevenson and Songalia. Stevenson and Songalia both have fairly long contracts that summate to about 8M/yr. I don't know much about Stevenson other than the fact that he is a SG who has been a starter for a couple of years.

Carroll is a pure shooter and not much of anything else. He's around 6'5' or so. He had a couple of pretty good years that earned him a long contract. Brown is not playing him much this year.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Trade 2 with the Kitty-Cats would be pretty good I think. Morrison could maybe get you 10 points off the bench, and he certainly can't be any worse than Stack. Richardson would probably fill our major SG need for the short/medium term, but I don't think he has a lot of years left at the top of his game.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #23
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Trade 2 with the Kitty-Cats would be pretty good I think. Morrison could maybe get you 10 points off the bench, and he certainly can't be any worse than Stack. Richardson would probably fill our major SG need for the short/medium term, but I don't think he has a lot of years left at the top of his game.
That may be true but it should be noted Richardson is only 27 years old and has only played less than 72 games in a season once while averaging 74 games a season throughout his career so he is still young and keeps himself in great condition.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #24
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

I heard from very valuable source from the NY times that Eddy Curry is available for A 12pk of LandShark, A jar of Pimento spread and two packs of Jack Links Beef jerky. Might be a Viable trade. Plus we could throw Jerry Stackhouse in there for Jared Jeffries.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #25
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Trade with Charlotte would work on the court but would J.Rich's contract kill any cap flexibility? I'd feel better about that trade if we could somehow sign McDyss too. He can back up center and power forward and can score. So we could actually throw out a lineup of McDyss, Dirk, Howard, J.Rich, Kidd all of whom can score ( sort of ). Much tougher out than we are right now. Mcdyss brings a little of what P.j.Brown brings to the Celtics.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #26
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Every thread mentions Mike Miller. Is there any indication that Minnesota has any reason to want to part with him? I mean they just got him in a big offseason trade. I know everyone thinks it's fun to live in fantasy land on this forum but it seems logic stands in the way of us receiving him in this little place called reality.

Edit: Just skimming through google, and the only trade talk rumors I've heard of Mike Miller after the Memphis-Minnesota trade is to the Lakers for Lamar Odom. The Wolves would definetely take that before they took any of our scrubs, unless of course they just want expirings. But mostly it just seems they're high on Miller and he isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 11-07-2008 at 08:56 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #27
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Every thread mentions Mike Miller. Is there any indication that Minnesota has any reason to want to part with him? I mean they just got him in a big offseason trade. I know everyone thinks it's fun to live in fantasy land on this forum but it seems logic stands in the way of us receiving him in this little place called reality.

Edit: Just skimming through google, and the only trade talk rumors I've heard of Mike Miller after the Memphis-Minnesota trade is to the Lakers for Lamar Odom. The Wolves would definetely take that before they took any of our scrubs, unless of course they just want expirings. But mostly it just seems they're high on Miller and he isn't going anywhere.
It's hard to know what they think of Miller, but they didn't make that trade for Miller, they made it for Kevin Love.

It's certainly possible that they veiw him as a part of their long term plan, but I think it's at least equally possible that they want to use him as a trade chip.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 11-07-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #28
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Agreed.

Certainly no rumors have been floating around about Minnesota trading Miller or it would have been everywhere as he is a highly sought after player. There is a chance they trade him but I seriously doubt there is any chance we land him with what we have to offer.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #29
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Trade with Charlotte would work on the court but would J.Rich's contract kill any cap flexibility? I'd feel better about that trade if we could somehow sign McDyss too. He can back up center and power forward and can score. So we could actually throw out a lineup of McDyss, Dirk, Howard, J.Rich, Kidd all of whom can score ( sort of ). Much tougher out than we are right now. Mcdyss brings a little of what P.j.Brown brings to the Celtics.
I really don't think McDyess has any interest in Dallas whatsoever. I may be wrong but from everything I've read it appears his desire is to go back to Detroit. Boston has also expressed interest in him and I'd imagine if he were championship hungry that would be the place he would go.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #30
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I really don't think McDyess has any interest in Dallas whatsoever. I may be wrong but from everything I've read it appears his desire is to go back to Detroit. Boston has also expressed interest in him and I'd imagine if he were championship hungry that would be the place he would go.
If you could make the trade for Wallace that you suggested earlier, and get McDyess to come aboard.....man that would be a team.

Kidd, Felton, JJB
JHo, JET, Wright
Wallace, Morrison, Green
Dirk, McDyess, Williams/Singleton
Diop, Nazr

That would be sweet and deep.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:51 AM   #31
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

2 players are starting for other WC teams right now and playing well-Matt Barnes and Darrell Arthur. We could've aquired both relatively cheaply. Next to nothing. Whether it's Donnie or Cuban or scouting we need to start doing a better job of targeting and signing these types of players. Green and Williams(and Bass) no doubt are nice pick-ups. But how much better would we be feeling about this team with 2 more young, active players as part of the rotation? Cavs got Mo Williams for leftovers- he killed us the other night. Front Office isn't getting it done. This team is stale...
Old 11-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither either.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #33
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Supposedly the Clippers are open to trading Kaman if a good deal comes along. Kaman would be the perfect center for this team and would essentially eliminate teams being able to cheat on our Centers when moving to the top of the block because he can knock down that shot with ease.

Once again, though, it comes down to whether we have enough to offer.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

WE don't have enough to offer.

Damp, Stack, Bass+ - Kaman, TimThomas
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #35
dalmations202
Diamond Member

If you believe that Green is the real deal. This makes some sense.

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.4 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and -0.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Josh Howard
6-5 SG / SF from Wake Forrest
17.0 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 35.0 minutes
Erick Dampier
6-11 C from Mississippi State
4.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 21.0 minutes
Outgoing Players
Cuttino Mobley
6-4 SG from Rhode Island
11.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 32.5 minutes
Chris Kaman
7-0 C from Central Michigan
13.1 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 36.1 minutes

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.4 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and +0.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Cuttino Mobley
6-4 SG from Rhode Island
Chris Kaman
Outgoing Players
Josh Howard
Erick Dampier

Damp and JHo for Kaman and Mobley.

Then use Stack and George and maybe Bass to get a backup PG, and real backup PF.

Kidd, Mobley, Terry, Wright at the G
Green, Williams at the SF
Dirk, Kaman, Diop at the Frontline.

These 9 would get all the burn either way. Scoring threats from Mobley, Green, Dirk, Kaman - Terry for offense, and Wright for Defense.

Can Williams play well enough to give Green a break -- would Green regress? Vegas stuff there.

Last edited by dalmations202; 11-11-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #36
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
If you believe that Green is the real deal. This makes some sense.

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.4 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and -0.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Josh Howard
Erick Dampier
Outgoing Players
Cuttino Mobley
6-4 SG from Rhode Island
Chris Kaman

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.4 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and +0.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Cuttino Mobley
6-4 SG from Rhode Island
Chris Kaman
Outgoing Players
Josh Howard
Erick Dampier

Damp and JHo for Kaman and Mobley.

Then use Stack and George and maybe Bass to get a backup PG, and real backup PF.

Kidd, Mobley, Terry, Wright at the G
Green, Williams at the SF
Dirk, Kaman, Diop at the Frontline.

These 9 would get all the burn either way. Scoring threats from Mobley, Green, Dirk, Kaman - Terry for offense, and Wright for Defense.

Can Williams play well enough to give Green a break -- would Green regress? Vegas stuff there.
Very interesting trade scenario Dalm. This is a really good deal for the Clippers. I'd probably do it if they threw in their rookie project center DeAndre Jordan.

Our Roster

Kaman / Diop / Jordan
Dirk / Bass
Green / Stackhouse / George
Mobley / Wright
Kidd / Terry

Clips Roster

Dampier / Skinner
Camby / T.Thomas
Thorton / Ricky Davis
Howard / Gordon
B-Diddy / Taylor

Old 11-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #37
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Very interesting trade scenario Dalm. This is a really good deal for the Clippers. I'd probably do it if they threw in their rookie project center DeAndre Jordan.

Our Roster

Kaman / Diop / Jordan
Dirk / Bass
Green / Stackhouse / George
Mobley / Wright
Kidd / Terry

Clips Roster

Dampier / Skinner
Camby / T.Thomas
Thorton / Ricky Davis
Howard / Gordon
B-Diddy / Taylor
I thought of that, and it still works with or without him.

Not sure LAC does it though. I hope Donnie is making that call though.
Either with or without him, I think I would make the trade, just to sure up the lineup.

<edit>
Why play Stack and George though? Williams needs burn -- if he is ever to be a player.
I like Stack and George -- but they need to be going for a backup PG or a back PF with size.

Last edited by dalmations202; 11-11-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #38
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
I thought of that, and it still works with or without him.

Not sure LAC does it though. I hope Donnie is making that call though.
Either with or without him, I think I would make the trade, just to sure up the lineup.

<edit>
Why play Stack and George though? Williams needs burn -- if he is ever to be a player.
I like Stack and George -- but they need to be going for a backup PG or a back PF with size.
I never like to assume there will be a follow up trade but I agree I would look into trading Stack and George for something useful. I'd also like to see Williams get some burn too.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:32 AM   #39
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Me neither either.
on the contrary Barnes and Arthur are just the kind of players we should've and could've aquired. Young, long, athletic. Barnes had 11 and 7 in 27 minutes for Phoenix tonight and got tossed for instigating a scrum when his team was being blown out. We need some of that around here. This team is soft. We need some of Barnes' edge. Or something like it.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:35 AM   #40
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
on the contrary Barnes and Arthur are just the kind of players we should've and could've aquired. Young, long, athletic. Barnes had 11 and 7 in 27 minutes for Phoenix tonight and got tossed for instigating a scrum when his team was being blown out. We need some of that around here. This team is soft. We need some of Barnes' edge. Or something like it.
Barnes is just a thug trying to get noticed for a contract. I can't stand that guy. Plus, the soft label doesn't really apply to this team anymore.

We have a hard time shaking that stereotype because our best player and team leader is a tall white guy who doesn't like confrontation and doesn't live in the paint like the average superstar power forward. In the public's eye that may be soft but I'm sure pretty much everyone who actually watches Dallas knows Dirk is anything but soft.