Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
babakhaan1

babakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nice
Default Dirk Should Move On

I think guys it is time we let Dirk move on to another contender and let him win a ring he deserves.

Being a mav has helped us learn one thing the people around DIRK do not have a heart to play the game but rather to milk the owner for the few extra $$$. Yes i am talking about the Kidds the Dankpiers and the Terrys.

Dirk should not renew his contract and should opt out he deserves a ring which he will never achieve as a mav. The current cast around him aint going no where for 2 years so might as well ditch them as they keep ditching him.

I for one will not be mad or angry at Dirk going to lebron or the kobes or any other contender where he can win now or regret being a mav for life later.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by babakhaan1 View Post
I think guys it is time we let Dirk move on to another contender and let him win a ring he deserves.

Being a mav has helped us learn one thing the people around DIRK do not have a heart to play the game but rather to milk the owner for the few extra $$$. Yes i am talking about the Kidds the Dankpiers and the Terrys.

Dirk should not renew his contract and should opt out he deserves a ring which he will never achieve as a mav. The current cast around him aint going no where for 2 years so might as well ditch them as they keep ditching him.

I for one will not be mad or angry at Dirk going to lebron or the kobes or any other contender where he can win now or regret being a mav for life later.
He still has a chance If mark makes a play for a big free agent. I'm not talking about collecting some more b- players to surround Dirk with either. We need to snatch a D wade , Lebron , Amare , Bosh. If not then I say let Dirk go and rebuild the team.
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO When you leave here you are the enemy, regardless! I loved Nash but when he enjoyed beating us, he became the enemy.

Also, it begins and ends with the star of the team. If he can't get it done as the #1 option maybe he doesn't need to be the #1 option. Perhaps this is a similar case as KG.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

It wouldn't surprise me nor would I blame him, if he opts out. There's only so much pain a man can take, and he took at least twice as much. Hopefully, he ends up with a team in the east such that we don't have to face him early in the play-offs ( if we should ever reach them w/o him ;-) ... )
conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
DNowitzki41mavs

DNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really nice

Im totally agree with you, you cant be mad at Dirk if he decides to change. He deserves a ring.
DNowitzki41mavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, the give up is strong on this board.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Series isn't even over yet. Good god this thread sucks.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

I would be sad if Dirk became a ring chaser. What kind of pride is there in ring chasing? It's cheapened. I have more respect for someone like Reggie Miller who didn't get a ring but remained loyal.

Last edited by muzak; 04-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Wow, the give up is strong on this team.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I'm sorry but you're not a fan of the Mavs if you wish for Dirk to leave. What the hell is that? What possible reason would you have for wanting to see Dirk win a ring with another team? That's the biggest insult there is to a franchise. And its nothing against Dirk. He needs to do what's best for him. I'm speaking for fans who want to see him win on another team.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #11
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

the series is not over
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
elec99

elec99 will become famous soon enough

I dont think dirk can be the first scoring option. I cannot think of another team with a trophy where the PF was the primary scoring option, and I mean a PF who doesnt play with his back to the basket in the post.

Does it make a difference? Hells yeah, when those jump shots dry up against a great defensive team in the POs, the one thing you can rely on is backing someone down and/or kicking out. Instead, the ball goes to dirk on an iso play, and when it's a tight game in the POs, we have seen those shots dont go down.

If you cant get a post player like bosh, then you need a slasher taller than 5' 6". Mavs have too many jump shooters.
elec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
crispin2k253172

crispin2k253172 is infamous around these partscrispin2k253172 is infamous around these partscrispin2k253172 is infamous around these partscrispin2k253172 is infamous around these parts

dirk should just go over to san antonio and play along with timmy..now that would be a championship caliber team.. at least he would still be here in texas...
crispin2k253172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I think the original poster should move on.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
pimptaddy

pimptaddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:

no. the mavs should gut this team and only keep dirk. Then get a stud Free agent like bosh, lebron or someone maybe wade and have two legit studs.
pimptaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #16
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elec99 View Post
I dont think dirk can be the first scoring option. I cannot think of another team with a trophy where the PF was the primary scoring option, and I mean a PF who doesnt play with his back to the basket in the post.

Does it make a difference? Hells yeah, when those jump shots dry up against a great defensive team in the POs, the one thing you can rely on is backing someone down and/or kicking out. Instead, the ball goes to dirk on an iso play, and when it's a tight game in the POs, we have seen those shots dont go down.

If you cant get a post player like bosh, then you need a slasher taller than 5' 6". Mavs have too many jump shooters.

This is the absolute stupidest post I have ever seen.

Dirk is putting up 28/9/3 on 54/67/97 shooting.

Yeah, you just can't win with a first option putting up those kinds of numbers. If only he could be the presence Duncan is, putting up 20/10/3....Oh wait.

Dirk, again, has been absolutely brilliant in the playoffs. Dirk can't win a championship as a first option? You're clueless. NO star, not even LeBron, could win a ring with this team.

Yeah, it's Dirk's fault his teammates shoot under 40% on wide open shots. It's his fault they can't create their own shot to save their life.

Give Dirk Manu, Parker and Hill, this series is already OVER.

I'm so sick of the "post presence" nonsense. First of all, almost ALL Dirk does is play in the post. It doesn't matter if it's the high post or the low-post. Dirk is THIRD IN THE NBA IN PLAYOFF FTS MADE. That's despite the atrocious officiating of the previous 2 games. He's going to the line more than any alleged "post presence", so what's your fucking point?

Dirk is one of the best closers in the game. YOUR team has been hard doubling him in the 4th quarter. Dirk has done the right thing and got guys open shots. Problem is (Sans Terry, who hit a few threes off Dirk doubles last night) no one can hit a open shot, or they're too scared to take it.

Despite all that, Dirk is averaging the same assists as Duncan (less turnovers too). Dirk can EASILY win a ring as the first option (he already should have with a starting lineup that featured DeSagna Diop and Adrian mf'ing Griffin). What he needs is teammates that can create their own damn shot, or at least hit an open one.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is not the problem. he passed beautifully out of the double team last night. Kidd has been our second best player all year. he's been neutralized. every one else has been inconsisitent- Rick Carlisle most of all
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #18
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn´t the mods just open a trash category where crappy threads can be moved to ?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #19
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

For the record, whoever mentioned that we should go after Bosh in this thread, well, he would be an improvement, but honestly he is not the answer for what we need. Bosh wants to win, but he wants to also be an alpha-dog. Dirk would be a second option, he has no ego about it, except there is only a few people he could be a second option to (LeBron, Kobe, etc.). I could tell that with Dirk and Bosh and their style of play, there would be a huge clash (more on Bosh than on Dirk). Bosh seems to be a premadonna anyway. There are rumors of him going to OKC because Bosh is exactly what they need, but I think winning, while a priority, is not one of his biggest priorities.

We need to lure Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, etc. here. I think some players can accept coming off the bench on a stacked roster as long as they get a good chunk of minutes.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #20
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how you can blame anyone for thinking Dirk should leave. Personally, I feel if Management can make something good out of the Dust chip then he should stay. But if they make crappy moves the guy should leave. And yes, I love Dirk Nowitzki like no other player in this league. And yes, it would epically suck for us to see him go. But if at the end of the year, I saw Dirk celebrating with a Larry O'brien trophy in his hand It would hurt less. How many times have you heard that Dirk will NEVER win a ring? Dirk is a choker, Dirk is soft, Dirk will join the list of other great players that never won a championship.

That right there is my biggest concern. I hope Dirk gets that championship one day. That man is a gentle, kind and hardworking superstar who has worked his way to the top. He deserves that championship. And I really hope he wins it with us but I must be realistic and say that it might not happen. The guy has played for us for 12 Years. And its been 12 years of different kinds of disappointments and heartbreak. Yes, early on their was always hope. But look at us now. The optimism is gone, Dirk is getting up there in age. All I know, is that if he leaves this team it will hurt like hell but if I see that man win a ring that pain will go away. Thats just me though, I'm sure others will feel differently.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #21
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I hope the team doesn't have the same defeatist mentality as some of our fans!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #22
dallass

dallass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
This is the absolute stupidest post I have ever seen.

Dirk is putting up 28/9/3 on 54/67/97 shooting.

Yeah, you just can't win with a first option putting up those kinds of numbers. If only he could be the presence Duncan is, putting up 20/10/3....Oh wait.

Dirk, again, has been absolutely brilliant in the playoffs. Dirk can't win a championship as a first option? You're clueless. NO star, not even LeBron, could win a ring with this team.

Yeah, it's Dirk's fault his teammates shoot under 40% on wide open shots. It's his fault they can't create their own shot to save their life.

Give Dirk Manu, Parker and Hill, this series is already OVER.

I'm so sick of the "post presence" nonsense. First of all, almost ALL Dirk does is play in the post. It doesn't matter if it's the high post or the low-post. Dirk is THIRD IN THE NBA IN PLAYOFF FTS MADE. That's despite the atrocious officiating of the previous 2 games. He's going to the line more than any alleged "post presence", so what's your fucking point?

Dirk is one of the best closers in the game. YOUR team has been hard doubling him in the 4th quarter. Dirk has done the right thing and got guys open shots. Problem is (Sans Terry, who hit a few threes off Dirk doubles last night) no one can hit a open shot, or they're too scared to take it.

Despite all that, Dirk is averaging the same assists as Duncan (less turnovers too). Dirk can EASILY win a ring as the first option (he already should have with a starting lineup that featured DeSagna Diop and Adrian mf'ing Griffin). What he needs is teammates that can create their own damn shot, or at least hit an open one.
no your post is dumber ! first of all the spurs got tony,manu,and hill all in the 2nd round of a draft these are not 1st round picks moron their office is better at getting these quality players lets face it our organization wants to try and buy a championship we currently on paper have a better team than san antonio and were def paying our players more than they are so whats the difference?? their foundation is strong and ours is weak bottom line cuban and our f.o need to take some notes on the way the spurs do things, there i said it. everyone quite acting like children and admit it

Last edited by dallass; 04-26-2010 at 07:30 PM.
dallass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #23
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallass View Post
no your post is dumber ! first of all the spurs got tony,manu,and hill all in the 2nd round of a draft these are not 1st round picks moron their office is better at getting these quality players lets face it our organization wants to try and buy a championship we currently on paper have a better team than san antonio and were def paying our players more than they are so whats the difference?? their foundation is strong and ours is weak bottom line cuban and our f.o need to take some notes on the way the spurs do things, there i said it. everyone quite acting like children and admit it
I don't even know where to begin.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #24
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I don't know about what he deserves. There are other guys who have won championships with lesser supporting casts than Dirk has been given. It's possible that he's more a second fiddle (although a darn good one) on a championship team.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #25
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog80 View Post
I don't know about what he deserves. There are other guys who have won championships with lesser supporting casts than Dirk has been given. It's possible that he's more a second fiddle (although a darn good one) on a championship team.
Again, that's such a load of crap. Name ONE championship team in the last decade who's second best player was as bad as Josh Howard.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #26
sec24row7

sec24row7 is infamous around these parts

I think Dirk can win a ring as the #1 option, I just think you guys have gotten away from building for chemistry and are just throwing allstars together. That can win a lot of games... but can expose you in the playoffs. Look what happened to the Lakers in 2004 with their 4 HOF players. One thing you have never had in your locker room is a real sense of family. You have too many egos and attitudes.

The only attitude and ego in the Spur's locker room is the Team's.

Last edited by sec24row7; 04-26-2010 at 08:10 PM.
sec24row7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #27
CadBane
Banned

Not to mention Manu and Parker are better than any player on the Mavs roster not named Dirk...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #28
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

the hell dirk should go play with tim duncan.

dirk is my favorite player like many mavs fans...but him in a spurs uniform means hes no longer the same player..

hes loyal and hell likely stay here, but i dont blame him if he opts out, he deserves a ring no doubt, hes a tough, superstar, hall of famer..

and honestly if we get booted in round 1..maybe it is time for a change, as much as it hurts to think about.. who knows what cuban will do, he could blow the team up, have a fire sale.. or just deal butler..or he could try to improve the team and sign an elite player..

either way no one saw this 3-1 defecit coming..

while i have faith in that they can win this series, i cant bring myself to watch a game unless its game 7..i hope theyve saved their best..
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #29
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Screw every one that thinks this way. A) this series isnt over. Stop acting like it is. Damn im glad im not on a team with any of you. B) You dont go hop on another bandwagon to win a title. Thats cheap and its not the same. Yeah its nice to have the ring for your legacy but does anyone really think higher of GP because he won a ring with the heat? I sure as hell dont.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elec99 View Post

Funny considering who were playing. And yes duncan is largely a faceup scorer. Also its old but the bob pettit hawks definately did that and the larry bird celtics are close(he played alot like a pf with passing ability)
Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #31
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Screw every one that thinks this way. A) this series isnt over. Stop acting like it is. Damn im glad im not on a team with any of you. B) You dont go hop on another bandwagon to win a title. Thats cheap and its not the same. Yeah its nice to have the ring for your legacy but does anyone really think higher of GP because he won a ring with the heat? I sure as hell dont.
+1

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #32
CadBane
Banned

I'd like to point out the issue of help to those doubting Dirk as a first option:

Dirk is putting up 29/9/3 on 54/68/97 shooting.

Terry is putting up 15 on 41%
Butler 15 on 39%
Matrix 9 on 41%
Kidd 9 on 29%

Meanwhile, Duncan is putting up 20/10/3.

Manu putting up 20 on 45%
Parker 17 on 50%
Hill 13 on 46%
Jefferson 11 on 57%

Just a little food for though:

There is not ONE, not a SINGLE playoff team with a second leading scorer with a lower PPG than Terry.

Also, there is not ONE playoff team that doesn't have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th scorer shooting at least 45% (let alone the 41% Matrix and Terry top out at).

Last edited by CadBane; 04-26-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #33
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I'd like to point out the issue of help to those doubting Dirk as a first option:

Butler 15 on 39%
Matrix 9 on 41%
Kidd 9 on 29%

Parker 17 on 50%
Hill 13 on 46%
Jefferson 11 on 57%

There is not ONE, not a SINGLE playoff team with a second leading scorer with a lower PPG than Terry.

Also, there is not ONE playoff team that doesn't have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th scorer shooting at least 45% (let alone the 41% Matrix and Terry top out at).

I agree with your point, but the Magic and Heats second leading scorer are both averaging less.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #34
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I do think that Dirk needs to move on

to beating the crap out of all the wuss fans who want to quit!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #35
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:

Butler 15 on 39%
Matrix 9 on 41%
Kidd 9 on 29%

Parker 17 on 50%
Hill 13 on 46%
Jefferson 11 on 57%

That's the issue with the Mavs, in this series and at least for most part of the season everyone not name Dirk has been sucking in the offensive end at least efficient scoring, when your other options are shooting about 35% FG
collectively the're is not Lebron, Howard, Kobe or Duran that will be doing any better than 1-3 againts the Spurs.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #36
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I agree with your point, but the Magic and Heats second leading scorer are both averaging less.
You are correct about the Heat, I overlooked them. Though at least Beasley is shooting 48% . But Orlando still qualifies. Coming into tonight, for Orlando, Jameer is putting up 25 (on 52%), Shard is putting up 15.3 (on 50%). Shard had 17 tonight, so he's now up slightly. That doesn't even include the star, D12. I said "less than Terry", who is at 15.4. Technically, yes, before tonight Shard was .1 PPG behind him (on a superior fg%). But now they have each played four games, and that is not the case.

Wade is the only guy with teammates putting up comparably bad numbers as Dirk's.

Last edited by CadBane; 04-26-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #37
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

If Dirk leaves, I hope it's for a team in Europe. I think he can get a better contract there.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #38
Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya is infamous around these partsHydhypedplaya is infamous around these parts

Quote:
NO star, not even LeBron, could win a ring with this team.
This has got to be one of the single dumbest things I have EVER read on the internet. I literally started cracking up when I read this line.

I really can't believe you just said that.

Lebron would win multiple championships with this team.
Hydhypedplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #39
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Butler 15 on 39%
Matrix 9 on 41%
Kidd 9 on 29%

Parker 17 on 50%
Hill 13 on 46%
Jefferson 11 on 57%

See, this is a good post. If you did this more often, not insulting and name calling other respected members of the board just because they have a different opinion, I'd have a lot more respect for you. Unfortunately, I doubt you care whether I, or anyone, respects you, because you sure don't act like you want any. That's not an insult, if you're thinking about saying it is...repeated saying jthig or chumdawg need to die or haven't ever watched basketball before is not actions indicative of wanting respect.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #40
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha........ did you know that if a brazilian (like me) reads your name outloud, it sounds just like the word "Babaca" in Portuguese, which means "idiot?" True story, ask Maringa, or probably even Sefant77 knows this (or can consult with his girlfriend).

Tags
bandwagoners move on