Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-30-2022, 05:04 PM   #721
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
1 minute ago
Free agent center Isaiah Hartenstein has agreed to a two-year, $16 million-plus deal with the New York Knicks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Fully guaranteed deal for Hartenstein.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:05 PM   #722
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Malik Monk is signing with Sacramento on a two-year deal approaching $20 million, according to his agent Jeff Schwartz of @excelbasketbal
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:05 PM   #723
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I mean no need to waste the MAVs time. I'd rather he cancel the meeting than string us along......
My understanding is that Cuban, Nico and crew flew out to NY because they had already scheduled a meeting with Brunson, and only for him to then cancel. That's the definition of stringing us along.

Again, what's done is done, so move on, but nobody is going to convince me that I have to like it.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:05 PM   #724
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
1 minute ago
Free agent center Isaiah Hartenstein has agreed to a two-year, $16 million-plus deal with the New York Knicks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Fully guaranteed deal for Hartenstein.
LMFAO, fuck us!
Old 06-30-2022, 05:06 PM   #725
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Eh, what's done is done and there's no turning back, so yes, onto the next phase.

But PLEASE everyone spare me with the "don't blame Jalen, Mavs had their chance!!" shit. The Mavs screwed up not giving the extension, but to cancel a meeting hours before and not even let them make an offer is a bitch move and you're not going to convince me otherwise.

It's over, so I'm perfectly ready to move on. But fuck off trying to convince me that I shouldn't dislike it.
I really do get the frustration. I wonder if more should be placed closer to Daddy Brunsons feet than Jalens. I'm looking at the perspective of how after the fact that we didn't re-sign him, moving along this season everyone in the organization FO/coaches basically said "Jalens is going to get paid, and thats what he deserves". JKidd even went so far as to offer his services to be his agent because he was definitely getting paid.

It's likely going to be years before the truth of what happened behind closed doors comes out. My intuition is that Dad manipulated and persuaded. It's a bummer that a sNt couldn't have been worked out but that's part of the business I guess.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-30-2022 at 05:09 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:09 PM   #726
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Confirming Sixers expected to finalize a three-year, $33.2 million deal with P.J. Tucker, as @Shams Charania first reported.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:11 PM   #727
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
1 minute ago
I actually like his game. I guess he's fine with being a reserve....
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:12 PM   #728
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs back in the same position as every offseason with their pants down. Idk why I expected differently this year.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #729
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
My understanding is that Cuban, Nico and crew flew out to NY because they had already scheduled a meeting with Brunson, and only for him to then cancel. That's the definition of stringing us along.

Again, what's done is done, so move on, but nobody is going to convince me that I have to like it.
Naw you don't have to like it. I'm pissed. I didn't care if Brunson was brought back I'm just pissed we lost a asset for nothing. And this is a team that doesn't have many of them. Now they have to somehow try to get better without compensation other than picks...
Old 06-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #730
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

"Mavs brass has indeed been informed by Jalen Brunson that he will sign with the Knicks.

In addition, in response to the rumors about Dallas pursuing a trade for Kyrie Irving, a high-ranking Mavs front office source replied no chance."

Well at least there's that.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-30-2022 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:14 PM   #731
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

House signs with 76ers
Old 06-30-2022, 05:14 PM   #732
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Mavs back in the same position as every offseason with their pants down. Idk why I expected differently this year.
I mean what they did in getting Wood....they're already ahead of the curve for a typical offseason.....but I feel you man....you can just feel them wasting Luka's years....
Old 06-30-2022, 05:15 PM   #733
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
"Mavs brass has indeed been informed by Jalen Brunson that he will sign with the Knicks.

In addition, in response to the rumors about Dallas pursuing a trade for Kyrie Irving, a high-ranking Mavs front office source replied no chance."

Well at least there's that.
I mean if they package the Lakers are giving up is Russell Westbrook....then yeah its certainly no chance because they don't have anything to trade for him.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:15 PM   #734
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Who is on people's at least somewhat reasonable wishlist now?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:16 PM   #735
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Stein-

"As covered in two previous pieces, Dallas is not expected to immediately pursue guards after losing Jalen Brunson.

With Spencer Dinwiddie in place and Tim Hardaway Jr. due back from injury, Goran Dragic IS a strong eventual target after the Mavs chase wing and front-line depth."

This is so strange to me because I feel like we desperately need at least 3 ballhandlers, but I guess the Mavs feel otherwise? Or maybe they're just really confident that they'll get what they need from Dragic??
Old 06-30-2022, 05:16 PM   #736
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Luka Doncic
Old 06-30-2022, 05:17 PM   #737
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I mean, I want Schroder. I feel like he comes quite close to making up for the loss of Brunson, but apparently the Mavs don't agree.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:19 PM   #738
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Pretty sure Rick Brunson just started working for the Knicks and wasn't there a year ago.

Yep he only became an assistant June 2nd

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...ff-per-report/
Rick Brunson has long has ties with the Knicks and was an assistant Thibadeau before.

I'd find you that article from last summer, but there is too much junk with the recent news to find it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:20 PM   #739
JustJay

Free agent forward Joe Ingles reached an agreement with the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources tell @YahooSports.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-30-2022 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:20 PM   #740
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dort back to Thunder 87/5.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #741
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

br_betting
@br_betting
?
1h
Knicks Finals odds before this move: +10000

Knicks Finals odds after this move: +10000
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #742
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
After seeing what Portis and PJ Tucker just got....I don't even know if I can answer this question lol...I'm guessing Malik Monk and GP2 are going to get far more than I'm expecting them too.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:22 PM   #743
JustJay

Quote:
After seeing what Portis and PJ Tucker just got....I don't even know if I can answer this question lol...I'm guessing Malik Monk and GP2 are going to get far more than I'm expecting them too.
Monk went to the Kings 2 years 19 mil.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #744
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Stein-

"As covered in two previous pieces, Dallas is not expected to immediately pursue guards after losing Jalen Brunson.

With Spencer Dinwiddie in place and Tim Hardaway Jr. due back from injury, Goran Dragic IS a strong eventual target after the Mavs chase wing and front-line depth."

This is so strange to me because I feel like we desperately need at least 3 ballhandlers, but I guess the Mavs feel otherwise? Or maybe they're just really confident that they'll get what they need from Dragic??
Imagine having Tim Hardaway and Dinwiddie and thinking "you're good" at guard. Man smh.....
Old 06-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #745
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I mean no need to waste the MAVs time. I'd rather he cancel the meeting than string us along......
I agree with this. It?s a bitch move but if his mind is already made up, he?s wasting both their times. JB shouldn?t of been talking to the Knicks in the first place but we see where his loyalty lies. Not a huge loss though. He was a major liability defensively.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #746
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Monk went to the Kings 2 years 19 mil.
Damn that's all it took?
Old 06-30-2022, 05:24 PM   #747
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
I mean, I want Schroder. I feel like he comes quite close to making up for the loss of Brunson, but apparently the Mavs don't agree.
Could be that Kidd had him in LA and didn't like the behind the scenes things with him.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:24 PM   #748
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
I agree with this. It?s a bitch move but if his mind is already made up, he?s wasting both their times. JB shouldn?t of been talking to the Knicks in the first place but we see where his loyalty lies. Not a huge loss though. He was a major liability defensively.
He was far from it on the offensive end and to be honest....I think our defense was fine with him out there. As far as his replacement....I'm not looking for defense to replace him.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #749
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Looks like Mavs gonna go after the Knicks for tampering...

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1542627736514170880

Old 06-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #750
JustJay

Bamba is staying with the Magic 2 years 21 mil.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:27 PM   #751
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

BAD POST

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 06-30-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:28 PM   #752
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

But seriously, Silver has to punish Knicks. Common punishment for tampering is second round picks. If those picks were the ones Pistons got, then that trade is invalidated and Knicks don't have the room to sign JB. What happens then?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:28 PM   #753
JustJay

Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker has reportedly agreed to a four-year, $214 million contract.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:28 PM   #754
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Could be that Kidd had him in LA and didn't like the behind the scenes things with him.
Good point, didn't think of that. Schroder is apparently a bit of a malcontent.

Still, I really hope A: they actually get Dragic this time, and B: he actually has something left in the tank, because only having two ball handlers on the team is not a recipe for success.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:28 PM   #755
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Bamba 2/21 back to the Magic. lol all that media talk over nothing.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #756
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Looks like Mavs gonna go after the Knicks for tampering...

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1542627736514170880
I hope so. It happens but this is one of the worst instances I've of it I've seen.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #757
JustJay

Quote:
Free agent Zach Lavine has agreed to a five years, $200M deal with the Portland Trail-Blazetd, sources tell ESPN.

Welp lol...
That's fake, because he can only sign a 4 year contract with another team. Plus "Blazetd" lol.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:30 PM   #758
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
But seriously, Silver has to punish Knicks. Common punishment for tampering is second round picks. If those picks were the ones Pistons got, then that trade is invalidated and Knicks don't have the room to sign JB. What happens then?
Wow so tampering is only a 2nd round pick? Man...if that's all it is no wonder teams do it. That's not much of a penalty.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #759
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

What the fuck is Brunson mad about?? That he didn't get a $55m offer from a team that is now offering him double?? Isn't that every player's dream? To play themselves into a better deal??

All of this talk about JB feeling slighted is bullshit and posturing to cover the nepotism and tampering, and shield JB from the criticism for downgrading his squad.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #760
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's fake, because he can only sign a 4 year contract with another team. Plus "Blazetd" lol.
You know......I'm normally good at that..I read that tweet too fast.....it looked like he had a check by his name but he didn't lol. Let me delete that lol