Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's the over/under on Biden dropping out?

I think Biden began to set the table to fall on his sword for the team. What's the over/under on him quitting for family reaons. I'm taking 2 weeks.

Quote:
At a rally in Nashua, N.H., a man in the audience told Biden how glad he was that Obama picked him over Hillary, "not because she's a woman, but because, look at the things she did in the past."

"Make no mistake about this," Biden responded. "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend, she is qualified to be president of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate, I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate, so let’s get that straight."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I think Biden began to set the table to fall on his sword for the team. What's the over/under on him quitting for family reaons. I'm taking 2 weeks.
Interesting idea....... And probably a good one!!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

If you are the Democratic party...that would be one hell of a strategy and it would probably work.

Get to October and then have some type of "Medical" problem...fall on his sword and watch Hilary get nominated to take his place.

It would recast the fear about McCain age, and it would rally the Hillary supporters with little to no time to tear down an Obama/Clinton campaign.

It's actualy rather genius...I hope that the Dems don't actually follow through as I think that would swing the Palin bounce into a huge Clinton bounce.

People would respons emotionally and if Biden had some other pressing reason, medical or otherwise to step down...the sympathy would go to the Dem Ticket.

High Risk High Reward

I don't want to see that happen, but dang that is plausible
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #4
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
If you are the Democratic party...that would be one hell of a strategy and it would probably work.

Get to October and then have some type of "Medical" problem...fall on his sword and watch Hilary get nominated to take his place.

It would recast the fear about McCain age, and it would rally the Hillary supporters with little to no time to tear down an Obama/Clinton campaign.

It's actualy rather genius...I hope that the Dems don't actually follow through as I think that would swing the Palin bounce into a huge Clinton bounce.

People would respons emotionally and if Biden had some other pressing reason, medical or otherwise to step down...the sympathy would go to the Dem Ticket.

High Risk High Reward

I don't want to see that happen, but dang that is plausible
I don't see it happening, and if it did, it would benefit McCain. More than a few would see it as a meltdown move of desperation for the ages. Palin is shoring up the far right to a greater degree than Shrillery's AWOL army. Whatever they gained in knee jerk lemmings would be swamped by moderates and independents fleeing the rudderless USS Carter II.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #5
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see a Hillary vs Sarah debate.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone's putting money on it. So the question would be for all the obama supporters, would you support this type of political opportunism?

Quote:
HMM. HERE'S INTRADE'S CONTRACT on whether Joe Biden will withdraw from the Democratic VP slot. Don't see it happening myself, but obviously some people do.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote