Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #41
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Well I don't think so, are you swooning over the messiah and getting wet in the panties yourself?

I'm glad you think it's cool, it's irrelevant to me. I didn't care if Romney the mormon is elected or Jindahl the indian is elected, I don't give a crap what race they are. I certainly don't care to listen to people swooning about him being black as if that has a damn thing to do with how well he'll run the country.
Good. That is the way it should be. Obama's race, Romney's religion, and Jindahl's race/heritage should not matter or even be mentioned.

Of the three, it would be hard to say that Jindahl is not the best man for the job.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #42
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I never said I think Obama will be a good president, just one who isn't an old white guy.

In fact whoever is the next president will probably be a 4 year guy. The all you can eat buffet of sh!t that the next guy is going to have waiting for him pretty much guarantees the mass of idiots who vote in this country will not re-elect. Lets face it Americans are pretty stupid, and the next president will not fix enough of our countries problems for voters to support him for more than one term. If I was a republican I would want Obama to win, then nominate a real candidate for the 2012 election. Whoever that guy is will have a real shot at being a 2 termer, who can actually get some things done.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If I didn't give a s*** what happened to the country and actually didn't think that the democrats are going to do much harm then I "might" as well. But I've never been smart enough to think that way, except during the primaries.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
I never said I think Obama will be a good president, just one who isn't an old white guy.

In fact whoever is the next president will probably be a 4 year guy. The all you can eat buffet of sh!t that the next guy is going to have waiting for him pretty much guarantees the mass of idiots who vote in this country will not re-elect. Lets face it Americans are pretty stupid, and the next president will not fix enough of our countries problems for voters to support him for more than one term. If I was a republican I would want Obama to win, then nominate a real candidate for the 2012 election. Whoever that guy is will have a real shot at being a 2 termer, who can actually get some things done.
If you are dumb enough to nominate John McCain in '08, what makes you think you are going to be smart enough to nominate a "real candidate" in '12?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #45
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If I didn't give a s*** what happened to the country and actually didn't think that the democrats are going to do much harm then I "might" as well. But I've never been smart enough to think that way, except during the primaries.
I just don't see the dems doing much in the next 4 years that McCain wouldn't. In fact I don't see the next pres doing much at all. Just 4 years of mop up.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

One day in september dubya was happily talking about faith-based initiatives and eschewing nation-building...then in short order everything changed. It had been leading up to it but no one expected it.

McCain with a democrat congress is MUCH,MUCH better than Barack Hussein Obama and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #47
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

what is cool is the fact that AN INDIVIDUAL is in the position of serious contention for the presidency of the United States. That fact is exciting, and monumental, and frankly is was basically unthinkable, even a decade or so ago...

That said... when you look at the actual candidates, they should be viewed as candidates-- based on their platforms, and what you think they can/will or cannot/willnot do.

I am sure it is difficult for some people to seperate those two thought processes, and will likely vote for Obama based almost entirely on the "historical significance" factor... but I am equally sure that there is still a groupl of people swayed the other way... essentially looking for excuses to not vote for the man because they are uncomfortable voting for a black candidate, whether they admit it (even to themselves) or not.

It is unquestionably a dynamic in the race... however, what is extemely interesting to me is the DEGREE that Obama opponents are SEARCHING for (and even constructing) incidences of "race card playing"... while the Obama canidacy is trying to downplay race as much as it possibly can (which is what is pissing off Jessie and co.)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

Barack Hussein Obama better get control of Michelle. I'm sure that Queen Pelosi isn't terribly happy to hear her highness dissing those stimulus checks that they are about to vote for again. Why bother. Ha...

I'm not sure that a 600 pair of ear rings is what his constituents will buy with their check.
http://proteinwisdom.com/?p=12881
Quote:
Michelle Obama - ‘Booosch sent me a stimulus check and all I have to show for it …’ [Darleen Click]

“… is a lousy pair of earrings.”

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama’s wife, Michelle, complained the government’s $600 economic stimulus check was only enough to buy “a pair of earrings” while stumping for her husband.

“You’re getting $600 - what can you do with that?” Mrs. Obama said in Pontiac, Michigan last week. “Not to be ungrateful or anything, but maybe it pays down a bill, but it doesn’t pay down every bill every month. The short-term quick fix kinda stuff sounds good, and it may even feel good that first month when you get that check, and then you go out and you buy a pair of earrings.”

Now see, I think $600 could buy a lot of fresh fruit. It certainly could stock up the pantry by taking it to Costco or Sam’s Club. Even at that French store, Tar-get that $600 will fill a couple of carts.

Although Mrs. Obama has been praised by fashionable outlets like Vogue magazine for her sense of style, her comments about $600 earrings reinforces an unflattering image of the Ivy-league educated Obama lawyers. They’ve both been called “elitist” several times though the course of the presidential campaign season.

Ya think?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Barack Hussein Obama better get control of Michelle. I'm sure that Queen Pelosi isn't terribly happy to hear her highness dissing those stimulus checks that they are about to vote for again. Why bother. Ha...

I'm not sure that a 600 pair of ear rings is what his constituents will buy with their check.
http://proteinwisdom.com/?p=12881
I'm going to guess that this was taken way out of context. I visited townhall.com, and it is blatantly devoid of any kind of intellectual honesty. What a circle jerk.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

It appears to be a direct quote

Quote:
“You’re getting $600 - what can you do with that?” Mrs. Obama said in Pontiac, Michigan last week. “Not to be ungrateful or anything, but maybe it pays down a bill, but it doesn’t pay down every bill every month. The short-term quick fix kinda stuff sounds good, and it may even feel good that first month when you get that check, and then you go out and you buy a pair of earrings.”
Here's USATODAY..

Quote:
MSNBC's First Read reported from Pontiac that Michelle Obama said this, and she didn't exactly say someone would spend the entire check on jewelry:

"You're getting $600," she told an audience of mostly African-American women here (about this year's federal tax rebates, designed to stimulate the economy). "What can you do with that? Not to be ungrateful or anything. But maybe it pays down a bill, but it doesn't pay down every bill every month."

"Barack's approach is that the short-term quick fix kinda stuff sounds good," she continued. "And it may even feel good that first month when you get that check. And then you go out and you buy a pair of earrings," she joked.
David Gergen thinks they sorta dodged a bullet.

Quote:
As pundit David Gergen said on CNN's AC360° last night, the Gramm story in particular:

"Covered up a couple of things on (Obama's) own campaign that he didn't want to be leading the program tonight, Michelle Obama out today talking about these (tax) rebates don't amount to much, $600. Well, you just go out there and spend that on a pair of earrings.

"Well, you know, a lot of people don't buy $600 earrings. So, this story smothered those kinds of things. And I think this was a real gift to Barack Obama."

Last edited by dude1394; 07-15-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

As I expected, the context says it all. She's saying that you better not think the government's stimulus check makes you well off. It will pay down a bill or somesuch, but it won't put you in position to go and blow a few hundred bucks on earrings.

What we all want is to be well off, to be in a position where we can buy our wife $600 earrings. A stimulus check ain't gonna get it done.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

No but she'd be wise to not dis 600 bucks imo.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #53
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Yeah Spike Lee is a bit of a nut, but to think that a black man can have a legitimate shot at being president is a momentous thing. And yes if he was hispanic or a woman or any other minority it would still be just as exciting. It represents the amount of progress this country has made. Maybe "the next moonlanding" was a bit over the top, but I think it is kinda cool this is happening in my lifetime.
I have so many issues with this post...

1) Your point of excitement is that Obama is a minority. You try to bring the focus away from him being black by saying it would be just as exciting if he was a woman, hispanic, or any other minority. I see this as an Affirmative Action mentality. You're excited because Obama isn't an "old white man". Why does that matter? We aren't electing a president based on race/gender/religion/sexual orientation/etc. What happened to "equal opportunity"? Voting for Obama because of his race is in effect reverse discrimation against McCain.

2) "It represents the amount of progress this country has made." Yes, the fact that a black man has a real chance at the presidency is progress in this country, since it wasn't that long ago that slavery was legal. However, I'll repeat myself. we aren't electing a president based on race. Once you get beyond the "excitement" of a black man having a chance at the presidency, what does it matter that he's black? His policies are what matters, not his race.

3) Sure, it's kinda cool that a black man has a chance at the presidency, but is that a reason to vote for him? I say NO. If you support his policies, then fine. Vote for him. If you disagree with his policies, then don't vote for him just because he's black. That's insane. To me the idea of people voting for him just because he's black is anything BUT "exciting".

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Last edited by jefelump; 07-16-2008 at 09:14 PM.
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
u2sarajevo, you better watch yourself sir. Because I am so gay for your signature right now.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #55
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Dang holmes..... that was quick. I just updated it.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #56
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

First seals and now salutes. I can't wait to see the uniforms, priest robes, Obama talismans, and maybe temples...

One Nation, Under a New Obama Salute

August 07, 2008 04:53 PM ET

George Bush had his three-fingered W salute that supporters flashed when greeting him at presidential campaign events in 2000. And now, if a Los Angeles creative agency gets its way, Sen. Barack Obama will see fans meet him with his own salute like the one above. "Our goal is to see a crowd of 75,000 people at Obama's nomination speech holding their hands above their heads, fingers laced together in support of a new direction for this country, a renewed hope, and acceptance of responsibility for our future," says Rick Husong, owner of The Loyalty Inc. Husong tells me that he got the idea after seeing the famous Obama-Progress poster by artist Shepherd Fairey. "We wanted to get involved some way," he says. So, the agency came up with their own a symbol of hope and progress that also plays off Obama's name. "We thought, 'Let's try and start a movement where even while walking down the street, people would hold up the O and you would know that they were for Obama,' " says Husong. Much thought went into the relatively simple idea. "You interlace your hands in a circle, the interlacing being a symbol of different types of people coming together and the circle a symbol of unity," he says. Their design, unlike Fairey's, is free, and Husong is urging people to download it and print it on posters and T-shirts. "We want to see it everywhere, but more importantly we want this sign to take the world by storm."

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washingt...ma-salute.html

Last edited by Evilmav2; 08-09-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #57
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys know how to properly clean vomit/stomach acid off of a LCD monitor?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #58
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
No but she'd be wise to not dis 600 bucks imo.
The stimulus package - exactly what this country needed. A debt financed, inflation creating shopping opportunity... It's a "no-brainer", literally.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #59
dude1394
Guru

Looks like a hooker handling a big one. Sorta fits I think.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #60
dude1394
Guru

Now I know where it's coming from! Heh..

The new Obama salute was stolen from Star Trek's "Space Hippies" episode:
Old 08-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #61
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Actually, it's the Sign of the Pyramid - a freemasonic "gang sign" (Clinton & Bush use it too...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-08-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #62
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

And here I was thinking he'd gotten it from Diamond Dallas Paige

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #63
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog

So, this is where Presidents come from???
Looks like the gate to imagination land.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #64
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
First seals and now salutes. I can't wait to see the uniforms...

One Nation, Under a New Obama Salute

August 07, 2008 04:53 PM ET

George Bush had his three-fingered W salute that supporters flashed when greeting him at presidential campaign events in 2000. And now, if a Los Angeles creative agency gets its way, Sen. Barack Obama will see fans meet him with his own salute like the one above. "Our goal is to see a crowd of 75,000 people at Obama's nomination speech holding their hands above their heads, fingers laced together in support of a new direction for this country, a renewed hope, and acceptance of responsibility for our future," says Rick Husong, owner of The Loyalty Inc. Husong tells me that he got the idea after seeing the famous Obama-Progress poster by artist Shepherd Fairey. "We wanted to get involved some way," he says. So, the agency came up with their own a symbol of hope and progress that also plays off Obama's name. "We thought, 'Let's try and start a movement where even while walking down the street, people would hold up the O and you would know that they were for Obama,' " says Husong. Much thought went into the relatively simple idea. "You interlace your hands in a circle, the interlacing being a symbol of different types of people coming together and the circle a symbol of unity," he says. Their design, unlike Fairey's, is free, and Husong is urging people to download it and print it on posters and T-shirts. "We want to see it everywhere, but more importantly we want this sign to take the world by storm."

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washingt...ma-salute.html
This is a horrible, horrible idea.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #65
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

if someone flashed that at me I'd assume they like to take it in the mouth
Old 08-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #66
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
if someone flashed that at me I'd assume they like to take it in the mouth
Would you jump at the chance?
Old 08-09-2008, 01:12 AM   #67
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

This concept is know as "charging a sigil" in chaos magic. It's the same idea behind using King Solomon's Kabalistic symbols on the one dollar bill. Every time someone uses it, they actively charge the talisman. This philosophy has its origins in alchemy.

Even more blatant is this beauty:

This was the actual logo for a program of the Information Awareness Office (IAO) established by DARPA in February 2003. Dubbed the Total Information Awareness Program (TIA), it was in charge of public surveillance. It was soon renamed the Terrorism Information Awareness Program after a media backlash.

Evidently, symbols are of prime importance to those who truly own this country. Every now and then, they let us know that truth can indeed be stranger than fiction.

Interestingly, Scientia Est Potentia was first noted to be used by none other than Francis Bacon. He is credited with the works of Shakespeare, the King James Bible (which he encoded with many lovely hints as to his authorship), and the creation of modern Freemasonry. He was also the inspiration for the model of America, as noted by the Founding Fathers. His 'New Atlantis' outlined a utopia based upon scientific materialism. So it is no wonder why his famous phrase is added to the pyramid/all-seeing eye symbols for the "New Atalantis." History is a great deal more interesting than we have been led to believe...
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:21 AM   #68
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Would you jump at the chance?
no
Old 08-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #69
dude1394
Guru

Old 08-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #70
dude1394
Guru

Nancy Pelosi sez...

"God has blessed us" with Barack Hussein Obama.

One hand you have God on the other you have a lunatic. Maybe Pelosi thinks she's God?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #71
dude1394
Guru

This just in....Obama has been spotted on a grilled cheese sandwich!!! It's a miracle! Heh..

Old 08-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #72
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Just heard on the radio that Barry's going to be on his 7th Time Magazine cover...I wonder how many McCain's been on.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #73
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Just heard on the radio that Barry's going to be on his 7th Time Magazine cover...I wonder how many McCain's been on.
7th this year. McCain has been on 2 this year. (according to Drudge)
Old 08-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #74
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Obama's Denver Speech Stage to Resemble Ancient Greek Temple

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:00pm EDT

DENVER (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's big speech on Thursday night will be delivered from an elaborate columned stage resembling a miniature Greek temple.

The stage, similar to structures used for rock concerts, has been set up at the 50-yard-line, the midpoint of Invesco Field, the stadium where the Denver Broncos' National Football League team plays.

Some 80,000 supporters will see Obama appear from between plywood columns painted off-white, reminiscent of Washington's Capitol building or even the White House, to accept the party's nomination for president.

He will stride out to a raised platform to a podium that can be raised from beneath the floor.

The show should provide a striking image for the millions of Americans watching on television as Obama delivers a speech accepting the Democratic presidential nomination.

Politicians in past elections have typically spoken from the convention site itself, but the Obama campaign liked the idea of having their man speak to a larger, stadium-sized crowd not far from where the Democratic National Convention is being held, at the Denver pro basketball arena.

Obama was taking a page from the campaign book of John Kennedy in 1960 when the future president delivered his acceptance speech to 80,000 people in the Los Angeles Coliseum.

Once Obama speaks, confetti will rain down on him and fireworks will be fired off from locations around the stadium wall.

Democratic convention organizers said the theme for the evening is "Change We Can Believe In," which has been a consistent message of Obama's presidential campaign.

Oscar-winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson will sing the national anthem that night.

(Reporting by Steve Holland; editing by David Wiessler)

http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...36979020080826

Vero Possumus

Last edited by Evilmav2; 08-27-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #75
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

-Double Post Edit-

Last edited by Evilmav2; 08-27-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #76
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Obama looks more and more like some other classy dudes with hight European appeal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGbwIkvh38
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #77
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Obama looks more and more like some other classy dudes with hight European appeal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGbwIkvh38
Now you're making me want to vote for the guy!

(I love that movie...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

From MSNBC.com

?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #79
dude1394
Guru

That one is so great!!

Quote:

Vero Possumus
Old 08-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #80
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Obama's Denver Speech Stage to Resemble Ancient Greek Temple

...[/url]

Vero Possumus
So is Obama trying to pass himself as Apollo, Adonis or Agamemnon?
Or the Possum King?
And will he & Michelle end up looking more like Oedipus & Jocasta?

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote