Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-10-2008, 03:32 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good grief democrats

Another case of sticking their head in the sand because of their union support.

First - They doom inner-city children to poverty by fighting tooth and nail any educational reforms.
Secondly - They pull this crap on the Columbia trade bill.

Quote:
REVIEW & OUTLOOK

Colombia and Cat
April 9, 2008; Page A14

President Bush sent the U.S.-Colombia Free Trade Agreement to Congress on Tuesday, and Democratic leaders greeted it with a Bronx cheer. No surprise there. AFL-CIO President John Sweeney has been promising that the deal won't pass, and we're guessing his confidence has something to do with Big Labor's contributions to the Democratic Party in an election year.

But if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's anti-Colombia motivations are easy to divine, Mr. Sweeney's are more puzzling. Union leaders like to say they're looking out for the well-being of the rank and file. But by quashing the Colombia FTA, Mr. Sweeney would weaken the competitiveness of American manufacturing and put some of America's best-paying union jobs at risk. These are jobs that exist today but could well be gone if Congress rejects this market opening in South America.
Don't do drugs and don't vote democrat.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

We don't exactly have a ton of credibility in the realm of international trade. If we reject this thing, that will plummet to new depths.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Democrats do have one thing down pat. Don't count on them as long-term friends. Ask the Vietnamese, ask the Iraqis, ask the Columbians.

Quote:
CONDI RICE ON THE COLOMBIA FREE TRADE AGREEMENT: Keeping Promises Among Partners. "Colombia has stood by us. We have stood by them. And we have succeeded together. Now is not the time to jeopardize the fruits of our partnership, but to consolidate them. Now is the time to keep our word to Colombia, just as they have kept their word to us. Anything less is no way for a great nation to conduct itself - and no way to repay a faithful partner." Unless, you know, you want to punish people for being our ally.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 AM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Kept C-Span on all the tele all day; the politicians today have been debating about swapping oil in strategic petroleum reseves.

I don't consider myself that knowledgeable in politics by any means and I would defer to quite a few members on this board when it comes to political discussion. However, after listening to this bullsh*t all day, I really don't know how anyone in their right minds can vote democrat. They are a bunch of hypocritical liars who like to stretch the truth to help themselves in the short term while f'ing us in the long term.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Obama is cool. He even smokes cigarettes like James Dean.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This election cycle, I'm taking the opportunity to teach my wife about common sense in politics (a.ka. conservatism). She thinks she's a democrat because...well I think they told her that in college. She often expresses views and opinions that are very conservative, she just doesn't like to admit it.

So we play this game where I tell her about some news worthy item involving some senators and some kind of dispute or policy difference, whatever... And I'm careful not to use any names or party affiliations and then I ask her what she thinks. She almost always goes with the common sense choice between whatever the two sides are.

Then I tell her which party was on which side....

"Good grief democrats are stupid"
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

That's my point, we need to drop the "D" or "R" by all candidates...get rid of the party system and actually have people define where they stand on issues.

Give the issue or circumstance, provide the options and have citizens decide which side of the issue they stand.

I am willing to bet, that the majority of this country would overwhelmingly vote on a "Conservative" side of nearly all topics. Yes, even black-america would vote common-sense.

All people are rather smart and I have full confidence when they are presented with reality that they make good choices, however people are also easily confused and with all the spin coming from the left, they have caused major misclarity and thus people find it easier to simpy say "D" or "R" is how they vote.

I have had many discussions with long time "D"...only like Flaco and his wife, I am careful not to mention names or party affiliation...simply lay out the issue...I then ask them, if they were responsible for addressing the issue, what would they do. Nearly EVERY time, they come up with the "R" response.

Of course, as soon as I show this to them, they flip-flop and follow the "D"

Why do people so blindly follow the "D" party without ever challenging the way they are running things? It's as if the "D" is a "Godfather" Mobster party that peopel are afraid to challenge.

Didn't our forefathers make a statement about how a 2 party system would be the death of this nation...maybe its time to DROP "D" - "R" from existance and simply let people run on their own standing!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Kept C-Span on all the tele all day; the politicians today have been debating about swapping oil in strategic petroleum reseves.

I don't consider myself that knowledgeable in politics by any means and I would defer to quite a few members on this board when it comes to political discussion. However, after listening to this bullsh*t all day, I really don't know how anyone in their right minds can vote democrat. They are a bunch of hypocritical liars who like to stretch the truth to help themselves in the short term while f'ing us in the long term.
I find this true of most politicians.........especially rank and file democrats.

I wish I had spread some rep because I need to give Alby more for this post.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

sigh..

united we stand, divided we fall

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote