Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all
Default O.J. Mayo

With Mayo having difficulties with his sixth man role on the Grizzlies, and his recent altercation ... do you think he can be obtained easily?
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

No
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Not for anything we have... I'd love to see him in Dallas blue though.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
tapks

tapks is on a distinguished road

I would offer

Barea
D. Jones
Ajinca
2011 1st round pick
$$$

for

Mayo

They don't have a sufficient backup for Conley, and Barea's value hasn't been higher all season. They get some quality depth and potentially more in Jones and Ajinca. I would say all things considered that's a pretty fair deal.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

We need depth at 3/4 so I can't really see how Mayo would help us. If he is uncomfortable coming off the bench you had to start him over Roddy, D-Steve and Terry. And who is going to play the point when you sacrifice Barea anyway? We are completely overloaded at the 2. Stevenson can play some 3, but that is certainly not something you would want to see in the postseason.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I think Mayo is very gettable. I'm not sure he's the right guy, though.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
tapks

tapks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
We need depth at 3/4 so I can't really see how Mayo would help us. If he is uncomfortable coming off the bench you had to start him over Roddy, D-Steve and Terry. And who is going to play the point when you sacrifice Barea anyway? We are completely overloaded at the 2. Stevenson can play some 3, but that is certainly not something you would want to see in the postseason.
I think Mayo's value is partially due to his versatility. He can handle, shoot, defend, and drive. None exceptionally well, but all good enough to where I think he's a huge upgrade either as a starter at the 2 or backing up Kidd at the 1. We do have a slight logjam at the 2 especially when Roddy gets back, but I feel we need to make a concerted effort to get younger. Stevenson is expiring. Terry the year after. It'd be nice to have another young guy with talent and potential to pair with Roddy.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course i would like to pick him up cheap that it doesnt fit our HUGE depth problem at 3/4.

Marion or Dirk will have foultrouble at times during the playoffs.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Of course i would like to pick him up cheap that it doesnt fit our HUGE depth problem at 3/4.

Marion or Dirk will have foultrouble at times during the playoffs.
Dirk doesn't get in foul trouble often, he will slap at the ball but if he picks up 1 or 2 fouls that way he stops. Marion only averages 1 3/4 fouls per game (28 minutes a game), only guy to really worry about with Foul trouble is TC
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Better we fight for Rudy Gay, not Mayo.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Better we fight for Rudy Gay, not Mayo.
Well I wouldn't want him at that money for one, and I don't think they'd want to trade him away either since he's having the best season of his career.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

I we want title, we need a player that level.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote