Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all
Default Iranian Center up for grabs

Could this be the Maverick's chance to get a decent back up center and involve Diop and Dampier in some kind of potential blockbuster trade??

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
BEIJING – After receiving U.S. government approval, Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi has been cleared to sign with NBA teams, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

The NBA sent out an email to executives late Wednesday afternoon informing its 30 teams they were free to enter into negotiations with the 7-foot-2 Iranian Olympian, as well as one of his teammates on Iran’s national team: guard Mohammadsamad Nik Khahbahrami.

Just five days ago, the NBA had informed its general managers that they were forbidden to enter into negotiations with Ehadadi, pending a license from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control. The license was granted and Ehadadi, 23, who averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds for winless Iran in Beijing, is a free agent.

On Friday, the NBA had told its teams, “We have been advised that a federal statue prohibits a person or organization in the United States from engaging in business dealings with Iranian nationals.”

Even with the clearance, the NBA ordered its teams Wednesday to contact the league office before signing either player to a contract because the OFAC license still “restricts the manner in which any financial payments can be made.” Teams also were urged to keep all documents related to any negotiations.

Several league executives believe the Memphis Grizzlies are the most likely to sign Ehadadi, who wasn’t chosen in the 2004 NBA Draft.

Commissioner David Stern invited the Iranian national team to compete in July’s NBA summer league in Utah, allowing the team a pre-Olympics tune-up. When NBA teams started to show an interest in signing Ehadadi, Stern had league counsel begin the process of clearing a path through this complicated circumstance with the U.S. State Department.

After his most impressive game of these Olympics – 21 points and 16 rebounds in a 97-82 loss to Argentina – Ehadadi, a center, said through an assistant coach, Mehran Hatami, “It is my dream to play in the NBA.”
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Does he have any talents aside from being 7'2"?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-21-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you count possibly being fluent in multiple languages as being a talent?

It didn't take them long to change that stance on not being able to get in contact with him.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Does he have any talents aside from being 7'2"?
Creating some potential for trades.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

no thanks...i hate iran..which means..i must.....hate this guy....and also....i hate china

Last edited by MavsX; 08-21-2008 at 02:55 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Iran???

I'm sure Devean George would block(ade) this deal.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I want the Mavs to sign this guy:

Mohammadsamad Nik Khahbahrami

Just to hear Bob Ortegal try to say his name.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer

Vice Prez??

(just a bad attempt at humor)
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #9
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Two words...

Pavel Podkolzin

Good ol'P-Pod was supposed to be someone...

Where did he end up anyway?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #10
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

pavel averaged 2 points in the russian league, this guy is the leading rebounder and shot blocker and 8th leading scorer in the olympics
Old 08-22-2008, 02:57 AM   #11
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I'm Iranian!

I haven't watched this guy play, but I'm pretty sure he's a tall stiff and nothing more. maybe a serviceable THIRD big man, but acquiring him and trading either DIop/Damp would be bad.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:06 AM   #12
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer

I want to see his name on a jersey. That's a lot of letters.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:20 AM   #13
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Supposedly Yao Ming is an all world NBA Center...so how does Khahbhrami's numbers compare in the Olympics to Ming's?

At 7'2" with some impressive Olympic stats and only 23 years of age...I'ld be willing to take a look at the guy.

If anything else, he would give knew meaning to blowing up the middle of the lane...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

I don't want him, probably just another Pavel as another person has said. We have a nice center tandem, we don't need to make any changes in that department people!
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #15
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

And iran?
iran so far away!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #16
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

PPod, Jr.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #17
Ring_for_Dirk

Ring_for_Dirk is on a distinguished road

He is not bad! And i think je can play Damp's level. Then we can send damp+X to the Bulls for Noc+Gordon or Hinrich..
Ring_for_Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #18
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

DAMP'S level? whoooooa bro.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #19
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

From what I've seen of him he's probably good enough to fight for a back up position. He has potential to be a decent player. I wouldn't mind bringing him on but I wouldn't be ecstatic.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #20
Zki41

I think deepening the frontcourt is more important that signing all of these guards that will never see any minutes.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #21
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Precisely.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #22
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Supposedly Yao Ming is an all world NBA Center...so how does Khahbhrami's numbers compare in the Olympics to Ming's?

At 7'2" with some impressive Olympic stats and only 23 years of age...I'ld be willing to take a look at the guy.

If anything else, he would give knew meaning to blowing up the middle of the lane...

Yao's coming off an injury but I'm sure he's comparable...... really...

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #23
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

My guess is there is only a buzz about this guy because of his brief ban from U.S. employment. But he did put up decent numbers at the Olympics, so a try-out couldn't hurt.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:26 AM   #24
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
My guess is there is only a buzz about this guy because of his brief ban from U.S. employment. But he did put up decent numbers at the Olympics, so a try-out couldn't hurt.
There was buzz about him before that. people were saying that the Grizz wanted him

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

With what money would the MAvs be able to aproach this situation with?
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs can only offer $442,114. Grizz can go WAY higher.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #27
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

if you can get him for that price...it's definitely worth looking into. If you can, bring him in and work him out. Let Carlisle try to pick his brain and get a sense of what the man can do.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #28
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather take TacoBoy, DJ Mbenga.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #29
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

DJ in Carlisle's system might work. Heck Big Ben was an all-star in his system, and he has 0 offensive capability.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #30
kappasigma

one thing i noticed about DJ at the mavs practices & locker room was that he always pushed and shoved dirk around. dirk wouldn't do anything about it, bad team chemistry
Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #31
kappasigma

the grizz signed him, mid-first round draft money