Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all
Default Dallas/Toronto

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~6~6&te=&cash=

This trade would solidify us in the front court as well as the back court, and expand our scoring options at the expense of losing Dirk. Dampier/Bargnani would be a great duo, Bosh would basically replace Dirk (except not as uber), and we gain a bunch of guards to help us on the perimeter. We would have contracts that all expire in 2 years if we decide to completely rebuild. We would kind of be ambiguous for our small forward position, but I don't think that matters. We wouldn't have to worry about Josh.

Honestly though, I can't think of a reason Toronto would do this though besides the fact that they are in a rut and desperately need to do something. Getting a player such as Dirk would definitely be in any teams interest, but they may feel they are giving up their whole roster for it. Giving them Josh Howard would compensate them if they were truly interested in Marion, and if they want to move O'Neal they still can. Howard and Wright can also help them defensively, and Dirk could thrive off a point guard like Calderon. Toronto's scoring options would be limited, but they would gain one of the best players in the world in Dirk, and Josh if he decides to show up.

I did my best to make salaries match as well.

Last edited by Zki41; 01-22-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I think Dirk is a FANTASTIC player... the only other PF in the league I would trade him for (as a long-term solution) would be Bosh. That said, I'm not sure if taking core players from an underachieving team and bringing them to ours is really going to make us any better. If we can re-sign Bosh, this is as close to a no-brainer as any trade involving Dirk can be. But if we lose him, we just traded the best player we've ever had for a 1 1/2 year rental and no great pieces left over.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Oh... NOW we're concerned about having a 1 1/2 year rental that may not work out? Live and learn.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
Oh... NOW we're concerned about having a 1 1/2 year rental that may not work out? Live and learn.
I won't waste too much time explaining how different trading Devin and trading Dirk Nowitzki is.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote