Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-10-2004, 07:20 PM   #1
zanahale

zanahale is on a distinguished road
Default Getting in on the Shaq/Miami Trade

How about Dallas get involved where we take Grants long contract and give Walker to LA. That gives the Lakers even more of the best of the both worlds. They get young talent and an expiring contract. It would not affect Miami at all. Of course, LA would have to throw in around 2 mill salary to Dallas to make it work. What do you think of trying to get Grant as part of a 3 way?
zanahale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Getting in on the Shaq/Miami Trade

I'd do it...

...but "the girls all get prettier at closing time..."

We're getting pretty desperate.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:57 PM   #3
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

The only reason to get Grant's contract is if we could dump 2-3 of our bad contracts (TAW, etc)

Walker does not have a bad contract. We don't need to help Lakers out here!
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:18 PM   #4
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Fortson's stats look even, if not better than Grant's for the same amount of time. I haven't seen Grant play much (nor did I pay much attention to him), but could someone explain what he would bring that Fortson doesn't?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:32 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Getting in on the Shaq/Miami Trade

Grant's got a nice midrange shot and is a better post defender. Not as good a rebounder as Fortson. I wouldn't do this, though. I'd be willing to do L8 plus Najera/Delk for Grant. Walker for Grant doesn't do enough to help the team on the court, nor enough to clear up the roster issues.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:15 PM   #6
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
I'd do it...

...but "the girls all get prettier at closing time..."

We're getting pretty desperate.
I don't think I've had THAT much to drink yet...
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:49 PM   #7
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Don't ever help LA or Miami...from now on I hope we destroy both teams when we play them!!!! LA didn't take the better offer. Nuff said.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:14 AM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

That would be an awesome deal - For LA.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:58 PM   #9
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Getting in on the Shaq/Miami Trade

What? So you're suggesting we use Walker's contract, which might net us something useful, to get Grant instead, while helping conference foes? I'd do it in a heartbeat. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]