Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-13-2004, 11:42 PM   #1
zanahale

zanahale is on a distinguished road
Default From the ESPN Laker board

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/threa...tPostID=345528

I was on the ESPN Laker board and a couple of guys mentioned they thought it would be best to trade Payton. They mentioned Payton for Danny Fortson straight up...all agreed they thought that would be a great deal for them. For me, I would say he11 yes....Fortson still has a few years and we never play him. We would be dumping money and getting a good "defensive" veteran point guard that could fit well with Dallas's new dedication to defense this year.

What do you guys think?

zanahale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2004, 11:47 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:From the ESPN Laker board

heck yeah.

Too bad it would never happen. I think Buss has Cuban's phone *76ed
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:06 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: From the ESPN Laker board

I think this exact same trade was mentioned on this board a couple of days ago. I think it was KG, who said they need rebounding and Fortson would supply that for them.

If they resign Fisher it would be a possibility *I guess*. But it seems like we are getting too much for what we are giving up.

Well, what we give up might be more, but as you said we don't play him much so who knows what his full potential would be.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:01 AM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

I don't think it'd happen. But it'd be awesome if it does. We weren't gonna' play Fortson who's got 3 more years at nearly $6M each.
Payton, can start for us and tutor our rookie PG. If he sucks as he did late last year, then just bench him and he comes off the books at the end of the year.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:12 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO,
Fortson - Payton is a no brainer from both sides. It should happen. Nothing happens though till the Kobe/Shaq deals are resolved.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote