Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all
Default Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse for Vince Carter

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...17~6&te=&cash=

Why New Jersey does it:
  • Get out of VC's contract
  • Josh Howard and Devin Harris are buddies
  • Stack's expiring, Howard is done by 2010
  • Josh Howard could play SG or SF filling the void left by Carter
  • Howard's numbers would improve and he would get more touches as he would be the #1/2 option trading off with Harris. Right now he is underneath Dirk/Jet and we know J-Ho wants to be a star.

Why Dallas does it:
  • We know Kidd/Carter works
  • We free up a lot of minutes at the SF, which can be for Carter when Terry comes off the bench, or perhaps Singleton/Wright/Green can see more minutes here.
  • We can always trade Carter next season if Kidd is done
  • Drastically improves our chances to be relevant

Not to mention, if the Kidd for Shaq deal happens - we pick up Shaq, Phoenix waives Kidd and we resign Kidd, we would have a starting five with Kidd/Carter/SF/Dirk/Shaq, and have Terry and Dampier come off the bench a long with lots of youth and athleticism.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

HFNNO

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Can we always trade Carter next year? His contract is huge.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

dude i already tried this.........

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34624
Old 02-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

also mentioned here.....

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ce-carter.html
Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I would defer to Kidd's judgment on Carter. There are questions about that dude, but I firmly believe he is one hell of a player when he wants to be. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say (probably without having thought about it enough) that he's the single best talent who could conceivably be acquired in a trade that had Josh as the centerpiece.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #7
MaVs0541

MaVs0541 is on a distinguished road

this trade would make us alot better two stars but hate to loose Howard but carter is better
MaVs0541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs0541 View Post
this trade would make us alot better two stars but hate to loose Howard but carter is better
...but what?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Changing problems on sg for problems on sf
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote