Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Pierce is a choker.

Hedo = clutch.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

What in the hell are the Lakers doing? At one point this game was 17-1. That is beyond pathetic.

Of course, they could very well end up coming back (only down 12 now), but they have absolutely no chance of winning the title if they keep pulling this nonsense.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
What in the hell are the Lakers doing? At one point this game was 17-1. That is beyond pathetic.

Of course, they could very well end up coming back (only down 12 now), but they have absolutely no chance of winning the title if they keep pulling this nonsense.
I concur, Cleveland would steam roll them, if Denver doesn't.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
mew2king

mew2king is on a distinguished road

Go Rockets
mew2king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
CadBane
Banned

DTown, remember when I told you I liked Scola's offensive game and you said you didn't know he had one? He's been straight abusing Odom all series in the post.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
DTown, remember when I told you I liked Scola's offensive game and you said you didn't know he had one? He's been straight abusing Odom all series in the post.
Ha. Yea i remember. I'm still not sure if he has one. I mean its not like Odom hasn't been abused before lol. But props to him. He can do some things with the ball I didn't think he was capable of. I see he has a pretty decent mid range jumper but aside from that I didn't think much of his offensive game.
But he's abusing the Lakers. Seems like a team with Gasol, Bynum and Odom should be able to find a way to contain him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is some pretty hard basketball to watch at times.

The Lakers are almost as bad as the mavericks sometimes when they go on the road lately. They just forgot how to function there for a while.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets have been making some trash in the latter half of this 3rd quarte.r They are lucky to no be losing.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #9
CadBane
Banned

Scola is a beast!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
LonghornDub

Scola is good. Spurs will be kicking themselves for the next 10 years on that one.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
LonghornDub

I don't think this critical time of the game is the time for Luke Walton to be chucking up sky hooks.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Wow.. the Rockets man.. they deserves a ridiculous amount of credit. If they were ever to beat the Lakers, that would have to go down as one of the great upsets in sports history imo.

Push this to 7 Rockets.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #13
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Rockets?! Game 7?! Kobe better put up 50 next game

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #14
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

I love this team.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

4 games in a row decided by double digits?

Yeah, one of these teams is winning a ring.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #16
CadBane
Banned

I'll tell you what, this L.A. team is NOT that good. It's basically Kobe-Odom-Gasol. Fisher has been junk, his shot is off, Brooks is torching him. Ariza has been ok. Farmar is ok. Walton is junk. Bynum's confidence is gone. Brown is ok. But basically it's a three man team.

Also, having a PG that can SHOOT, PENETRATE AND FINISH makes a huge difference. Brooks can do all three. This playoffs Brooks>Kidd.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'll tell you what, this L.A. team is NOT that good. It's basically Kobe-Odom-Gasol. Fisher has been junk, his shot is off, Brooks is torching him. Ariza has been ok. Farmar is ok. Walton is junk. Bynum's confidence is gone. Brown is ok. But basically it's a three man team.

Also, having a PG that can SHOOT, PENETRATE AND FINISH makes a huge difference. Brooks can do all three. This playoffs Brooks>Kidd.
I think that Lakers team has a great roster. And the scary thing is they're all in their early 20's for the post part. The problem the Lakers are having is that they aren't hitting on all cylinders. But when they do they can beat any team in the laegue. I thought Shannon Brown was a throw-in in the Morrison deal but I guess Morrison was the real throw-in lol. What a find he's become. The Lakers just seem unmotivated. As if they're just waiting to get to the Finals. That kind of behavior can get them beat by the Rockets in Game 7.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #18
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Brooks needs to step up his assist game, and he'll be even better.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This year's NBA playoffs are resembling a NHL season in large ways. Streakiness and being hot at the right time are going to determine a winner this year. Not who's been the best team over the course of the whole season.

Every year in the NHL the playoffs start, and no one knows wtf is going to happen. Because it's all about who's hot at the right time. It's a chance thing.

The Lakers are still technically in it...but if the Nuggets advance to the finals then this might as well be hockey. We all know Denver ain't sh!t, but they're hot at the right time of the year.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #20
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

This is Lebron's year. I just can't see LA, Boston, Denver, Orlando or Houston beating them in a 7 game series.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #21
CadBane
Banned

Yeah I always liked Brown, I watched him with the Cats and never understand why they would "throw" him into that trade. Their roster is good, but I just dk about guy's like Sasha, Walton and Farmar panning out to be anything. I think right now their bench is really weak, especially when they start Odom.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 AM   #22
LonghornDub

I'd put the odds of the Rockets winning Game 7 @LA at about....1%. But my faith that the Lakers can beat the Nuggets and/or even give the Cavs a series has waned substantially.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #23
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Wow, what a wierd series this has become. I think LA takes it in game seven but then again I thought they'd close it out tonight.

Give the Rockets credit. They're gritty.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #24
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Kudos to the Rockets and Magic for pushing these to 7 games.

Those were some good games to watch...espcially watching the Lakers LOSE!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #25
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

I think the Rockets have a better chance at beating Denver than the Lakers. Rockets defense is damn good but I think the Lakeshow will just fall into running up and down with the Nugs and that will screw them in the end.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #26
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Don't know if anyone saw this blurb about Artest's post game comments:

"'Five Dollar Foot-long' is one of the best songs," Artest said. "That's a hot song. You've got the FreeCreditReport.com, and then 'Five Dollar Foot-long' comes on. When 'Five Dollar Foot-long' comes on, they should play that in the club. They should play all those in the club."
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

I love Ron Artest:

Quote:
Rockets guard Ron Artest missed Thursday’s morning shootaround with an upset stomach, but before the game said he felt “great” after getting some intravenous treatment at home.

“They gave me some medicine to make everything go away,” Artest said. “I was not worried, not at all. I just wanted to make sure I was feeling good. The doctors, they care about me. Gave me a little lollipop, a little candy, some gum and some coloring books.

“Every day is good, especially after I got those coloring books. I had a lot of fun playing the maze today.”
Old 05-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #28
CadBane
Banned

Artest is f'ing hilarious. I think he has mental problems.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #29
buiyahkah

buiyahkah is infamous around these parts

Another hilarious Artest quote:

"Last year, what the Celtics did to them was more about manhood than basketball," Artest said. "They took their manhood. They took it right from under them."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...38893/14935250
buiyahkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 AM   #30
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Rockets-Lakers draws largest ESPN audience ever

Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinal series between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets was the most watched basketball game ever on ESPN.

The Rockets’ 95-80 victory on Thursday drew 7.35 million viewers, topping the 6.6 million that watched Miami beat Detroit in Game 6 of the 2006 Eastern Conference finals.

The game earned a 5.4 national rating and a 16.0 rating in Houston, ESPN’s highest local rating for an NBA telecast. ESPN’s audience for its six conference semifinal games is up 16 percent from last year.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program, while the share is the percentage of all TVs in use at the time.

Quote:
Artest is f'ing hilarious. I think he has mental problems.
He actually is on medication. Don't know what kind, but he started taking it back in late 2007.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #31
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
May 17, 2009
Orlando @ Boston--S. Javie; S. Foster; D. Stafford
Houston @ L.A. Lakers--J. Crawford; M. Callahan; D. Crawford

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #32
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 Tone Melodies View Post
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
May 17, 2009
Orlando @ Boston--S. Javie; S. Foster; D. Stafford
Houston @ L.A. Lakers-- J. Crawford; M. Callahan; D. Crawford
The game is already fixed in favour of the Fake Show. Joey is Stern's go-to-guy. He wants Kobe vs. LeBron and he will get it either way.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #33
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Nice show of respect out there on the court.

Rockets didn't show up today and decided not to box out at all. I still love this team and the heart they have showed. You take the best two players out of any other team in the playoffs, and see how far they get. Hell, take the best player out of any team that was in this round and see how far they would get against these Lakers.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #34
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Artest is insane....but who cares

anyway

GO HOUSTON AND ORLANDO

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #35
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping the game would be close so there would be a blatant Crawford-Laker love fest in the fourth.

But it looks like the Rockets just suck.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness I don't have to see that mugging, cursing, embarrassing Garnett anymore.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #37
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Thank goodness I don't have to see that mugging, cursing, embarrassing Garnett anymore.
Exactly...his big mouth can get off my screen now.

"The Truth" laid a major egg tonight.
Really impressive game by Alston and Hedu.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #38
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Pierce 4-13 in a game 7. I wonder if he'll get as much flack as Dirk.

Thank God boston is done.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #39
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Pierce 4-13 in a game 7. I wonder if he'll get as much flack as Dirk.

Thank God boston is done.
He'll never get as much flak as Dirk. Poignant observation, though.

Props to the Magic for winning a Game Seven on the road. That doesn't happen very often.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I wonder if he'll get as much flack as Dirk.
He'll never get called out for it, because he's not (unscramble the letters to find today's mystery word) 'T H W I E'

Tags
5 piece mcnuggets, 92b anti-basketball rant, clutchbane! lol, got a bit fluffy in here, kobe may opt out, pop rockets, throwfootballoverthemmtns