Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-09-2003, 08:05 PM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Y'all..

Kings are looking tough right now, up by 20-something. And Clark and Jackson look like some tough-assed bench strength.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2003, 08:19 PM   #2
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Is it just me or is Jason Kidd just not playing well lately. I expected more from him tonight, but only 8 pts, 4 of 12 at halftime, what's up with this?
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:03 PM   #3
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Kings are tough. Every time Christie points to the stands I just lose it. I could seriously watch that all day. How pathetic
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:17 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Kings leading by 40ish now.

And damn, I'd forgotten about Hedo.

Bibby/B.Jackson
Christie/J.Jackson/Wallace
Peja/Hedo
SheWeb/Keon/Pollard
Divac

Tough.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Sweets, I've just walked back in and saw the score on this one...all I can say is *&*%...but to answer your question, Kidd hasn't played up to his normal standards the past few games. The other night he finished with 12 turnovers and only 4 assists. When I first saw it I thought that it had to be transposed, but those were the correct figures.

What in the world has happened in this one ? Has it just been Sacto from minute one ? They are playing in Jersey aren't they ?
Old 01-09-2003, 09:25 PM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

I've been on and off the phone with this going on in the background, but it hasn't been close since I've been watching.

10pts, 18pts, 25pts, 38pts.

They've just clowned them the whole way, and it looks like they just kept bludgeoning them with waves of scorers.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:31 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

118-82 final.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Damn, they looked good.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:27 PM   #9
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

It was all Sacto. Very disappointing game. I was looking for two great teams and their top performers to "bring it." Instead the bench played the whole last quarter.

BTW Jason Kidd is now permanently banned from my VGM rosters.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:34 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It looked promising in the beginning.

They were basically swapping baskets for the first 6-7 minutes of the first quarter.

Then Kidd and Martin (?) sat and the Kings went on a 13-0 run. After that the Kings just spanked and man handled the Nets from then on. It was awful to watch.

The Kings looked scary. I mean, just wicked scary.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:50 AM   #11
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

After these comments, I am VERY happy that I went to my son's game tonight.

Sweets, I'm banning Kidd from my VGM, too...

at least until next week...seriously, I'm getting chopped up there the last 2 days...don't know if I can hold you off !!

er...thanks for the update everyone...
Old 01-10-2003, 10:48 AM   #12
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Not to take anything away from Sacramento, but I think this was an emotional game - a game that was overhyped and things went completely right for one team and completely wrong for the other. There is no doubt Sacramento is a better team, but there is no way they could beat New Jersey everynight by 40 pts.

Remember last year when Dallas got blown out by Portland? It was a alley-oop fest from the first minute and we couldn't shoot into the ocean. It was an emotional game, and there was a huge letdown. We recovered nicely over the next few games. In fact, we won the next rematch easily.

Despite this, I think next weeks game vs. Sacramento is going to be tough on Dallas. I think we lose by double digits....