Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-13-2001, 11:01 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

...,watching Webber's body language as he walked off the court at the end of game 4 today, that he ain't gonna be back with the Kings.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2001, 11:53 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq feels the same way. And so do I. I hope he goes to the East to balance out the conferences a little.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2001/...3/1196810.html
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 12:00 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

or, if he could somehow come to the mavs...
juwan would make a nice 6th-7th man.
but, of course, i don't expect that to happen
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 12:13 AM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Mark needs to figure a way to get Shaq over here. That way it'll all balance out when Houston signs Webber. The thought of Dallas becoming the worst team in Texas again sickens me.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 06:46 PM   #5
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

If Shaq ever comes to the Mavs I'll be the first person to support any team other than Dallas. I will never root for a team whom Shaq plays for.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:13 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

and i'd be the first person to say good bye to you hales, have fun supporting some other team.

would have no problem with the mavs bringing shaq in here
Old 05-15-2001, 09:49 AM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hell I'd support the Mavs if Stockton and Malone were here. AND I HATE THOSE TWO! It's all about the Mavs.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 12:10 PM   #8
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

LOL Murph, that's funny as hell.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:14 PM   #9
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I cheer for teams because of the players they have, not because it's the Mavericks or the Lakers. For instance, I loved the Lakers in the early 90's when it was Club Ced, Eddie Jones, George Lynch, and AP. Now though, with Shaq and Kobe, I can't stand them.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:59 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

i've always liked shaq, i just feel that he's misunderstood.
where have i heard that before?
Old 05-15-2001, 03:50 PM   #11
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

webber will not make houston better than dallas. remember, to get webber, they have to release hakeem, shandon, and moochie...all solid players. We saw what happens when you lose depth. Yes, they will be good, but they will not be a #3 seed like the mavs will next year.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 04:07 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about that. Olajuwon might re-sign for a $1 million deal if he thinks the team has a legit shot at winning it all (I doubt Miami looks very good now, after getting swept horribly in the first round). The only players I see them losing are Taylor and Anderson, since CWebb would make Taylor completely expendable. Re-signing Norris will most likely be a top priority for them.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 05:13 PM   #13
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

However from everything I'm hearing, Sac is going to do a sign and trade deal. Do you think Houston has the players to sign and trade for Webber?
Old 05-15-2001, 07:57 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Actually, from what I've seen and read, Houston is the only team that can sign him straight up. They have enough cap room that they don't need to do a sign and trade. Atleast that's what I understand.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 03:07 AM   #15
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I think CWebb will be back....