Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-29-2004, 01:37 AM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default Which Dallas Mavs Youngster is Untradeable?

As you can see its like midnight and I was just going through possible trade scenarios and this question popped up into my mind. Is Harris untradeable? What about Daniels or Howard? Obviously our biggest need is Point Guard, of course you will have to throw in other contracts, but if you had to throw in one of the three, which one and why?
  • DALLAS MAVERICKS
  • Devin Harris - Dallas - 6.8pgg, 2.5apg, 0.9rpg, 18.8mpg
  • Josh Howard - Dallas - 12.3ppg, 1.4apg, 7.5rpg, 34.8mpg
  • Marquis Daniels - Dallas - 9.6ppg, 2.3apg, 4.3rpg, 25.9mpg

• STILL MAKING A NAME FOR THEMSELVES POINT GUARDS
  • Kirk Hinrich - Chicago - 15.0ppg, 6.7apg, 3.8rpg, 36.3mpg
  • Maurice Williams - Milwaukee - 8.4ppg, 6.4apg, 3.6rpg, 28.5mpg
  • Brevin Knight - Charlotte - 8.2ppg, 9.2apg, 2.4rpg, 29.7mpg
  • THE IN-BETWEENERS POINT GUARDS
  • Jeff McInnis - Cleveland - 15.7ppg, 5.5apg, 2.3rpg, 38.9mpg
  • Gilbert Arenas - Washington - 22.2ppg, 5.2apg, 4.1rpg, 39.0mpg
  • VETERAN POINT GUARDS
  • Gary Payton - Boston - 13.0ppg, 6.4apg, 2.7rpg, 33.5mpg
  • Jason Kidd - Nets - 9.2ppg, 5.1apg, 5.0rpg, 26.6mpg
  • Stephon Marbury - Knicks - 19.8ppg, 8.5apg, 3.0rpg, 39.1mpg
  • Chauncey Billups - Detroit - 16.6ppg, 6.3apg, 4.1rpg, 38.0mpg
  • Steve Francis - Orlando - 22.0ppg, 6.8apg, 6.0rpg, 38.0mpg

This was from the East, I will do the West in the morning. (ie it wasn't all of them just the ones I thought of, and of course the ones that are untradeable aka Wade)

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2004, 01:48 AM   #2
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Which Dallas Mavs Youngster is Untradeable?

I don't think any of them are "untouchable" per se...

JHo is probably the closest to being untouchable and you'd have to get major value for any of them especially JHo and Harris.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:48 AM   #3
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Which Dallas Mavs Youngster is Untradeable?

I think JHo and Harris are both untouchable.

JHo is starting to look like he has All-Star potential. The numbers are amazing for a 2nd year guy. If you want to think about a name to compare him to, think Andrei Kirilenko. If you compare AK's 2nd year numbers, JHo is very close. Josh wins in PPG, RPG, and outside shooting (3s and FTs) while AK wins in APG, BPG, and overall FG%. They play a similar game. Both are superior defenders. AK is taller, but Josh rebounds better already.

Harris will be the PG for many years. He just needs time to develop.

So if you HAD TO trade one, it would be Marquis. His injuries plant a question mark, and he plays the deepest position for quality on this team (SG, the natural position for both Finley and Stack).
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:05 AM   #4
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

All but howard. Unless we get a stellar top 5 pg for howard.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

No one is untouchable if a no brainer comes a long you pull the trigger. Howard has been our second best player according to Nellie. He is our best defender and third best rebounder. He even has added a foater to his game.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 03:39 PM   #6
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: bloodyhell
All but howard. Unless we get a stellar top 5 pg for howard.
If it's possible can you please just go to hell with your putting Terry down. I'd take Josh over any point gaurd in the NBA, because we dont have any role players who can step up if needed or someone who just does the little things needed like gaurd the best scorer. We lose Josh for another star we are back to being just like last year.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #7
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

It's been pretty obvious that Howard is starting to seperate himself from the other youngsters. Daniels has been slowed by injury. Harris is still awfully young. I figure the Mavs aren't in a hurry to move any of them out short of a big star.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:14 PM   #8
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Which Dallas Mavs Youngster is Untradeable?

I think Josh Howard will be here for years, and he and Dirk will make a formidable long-term pair. They complement each other very nicely, and both can go "coast to coast" with a rebound, which adds tremendous versatility to the attack.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote