Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-05-2024, 11:41 AM   #161
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well each time he gets hurt can make him more timid, so they need to get someone to ease his role.
And I dont think they can wait til the trade deadline. It needs to be done now. A big body to eat some minutes and a few rebounds.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:16 PM   #162
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
And I dont think they can wait til the trade deadline. It needs to be done now. A big body to eat some minutes and a few rebounds.
Dearth of centers unfortunately. Asking price for Drummond, Stewart, or Capela is likely high.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 12:44 PM   #163
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dearth of centers unfortunately. Asking price for Drummond, Stewart, or Capela is likely high.
At the deadline I think there's a chance with those. But they should grab a center thats a current free agent to buy them time. Lively wont make it through the season.

Taj Gibson, Kai Jones, Nerlens Noel are the three that come to mind. Imo thats how desperate the situation is.
Old 01-05-2024, 01:21 PM   #164
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At the deadline I think there's a chance with those. But they should grab a center thats a current free agent to buy them time. Lively wont make it through the season.

Taj Gibson, Kai Jones, Nerlens Noel are the three that come to mind. Imo thats how desperate the situation is.
Really sad list. As much as I'd hate to say it, I'm not sure any of those guys has the ability to be better than Powell and/or Kleber (when he gets healthy).

Kai is skilled but raw and has more potential, but dear lord is he a trainwreck. Even before his breakdown, he was a cancer, talking trash about his teammates. Then the videos showed someone who was not only a headcase but someone you actively wouldn't want in your facility. He makes Tarpley look like a saint.

If we improve it's probably a trade and as other have said, it's a seller's market and defensive/rebounding bigs are going to be the gold standard. If you want an offense-only guy (like THJ, Hield) then the price will be low, but defensive bigs will cost you at least a FRP and some talent-- if not two.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 02:18 PM   #165
Melonhead
Guru

In other news Omax has been recalled.
Old 01-05-2024, 02:48 PM   #166
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Really sad list. As much as I'd hate to say it, I'm not sure any of those guys has the ability to be better than Powell and/or Kleber (when he gets healthy).

Kai is skilled but raw and has more potential, but dear lord is he a trainwreck. Even before his breakdown, he was a cancer, talking trash about his teammates. Then the videos showed someone who was not only a headcase but someone you actively wouldn't want in your facility. He makes Tarpley look like a saint.

If we improve it's probably a trade and as other have said, it's a seller's market and defensive/rebounding bigs are going to be the gold standard. If you want an offense-only guy (like THJ, Hield) then the price will be low, but defensive bigs will cost you at least a FRP and some talent-- if not two.
Old 01-05-2024, 02:50 PM   #167
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

The Mavs are not a ?very viable? option for Pascal Siakam, per @YahooSports
Old 01-05-2024, 03:15 PM   #168
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Not surprised. I think other teams can put together better packages, and per the report in the trade thread Green isn?t available.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 03:53 PM   #169
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Not surprised. I think other teams can put together better packages, and per the report in the trade thread Green isn?t available.
Honestly feel like the report that they value Green is a smokescreen to try to convince Toronto that he has value. I doubt it will be successful, but you have to bluff if you get dealt a weak hand.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:26 PM   #170
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

There was a rumor Jazz were interested in Jaden Hardy. I think that might be the right route to get John Collins and maybe a few more moving pieces.

Hardy/Maxi/Holmes for Collins/Yurtseven.

Old 01-05-2024, 04:56 PM   #171
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I feel like they were talking about last season when Mavs wanted to hold onto Green. I doubt reporters have new info that Mavs FO are open to trading him. (I believe they would be tho)
Old 01-05-2024, 05:22 PM   #172
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There was a rumor Jazz were interested in Jaden Hardy. I think that might be the right route to get John Collins and maybe a few more moving pieces.

Sold to DevinHarriswillstart! Get it done Nico and Miriam.

Any thoughts on Mo Bamba in case this deal falls through?

Last edited by purplefrog; 01-05-2024 at 05:23 PM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 06:18 PM   #173
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Sold to DevinHarriswillstart! Get it done Nico and Miriam.

Any thoughts on Mo Bamba in case this deal falls through?
Well it's a realistic trade where as most fans live in la la land with trade ideas *cough twitter cough*

Eh, Bamba just doesn't seem to have it. Shame, I really liked him in the draft.

Old 01-05-2024, 06:39 PM   #174
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Bamba is still a project. I?m not sure we want a project behind a project but for the right price I?d kick the wheels as long as the Cole Anthony drama was Anthony and not him. Wonder what the Sixers would even want for him?

He?s 25 and far from a complete product and neither Lakers nor Magic wanted any part of him but for a center, 25 is still a baby/project. Tyson Chandler didn?t start playing 30+ minutes until his 6th season when he was 24. Delay that a bit because of the new college rules in the draft.
Old 01-05-2024, 06:49 PM   #175
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Luka is out tonight. Again, why I don't buy tickets.

Old 01-05-2024, 07:21 PM   #176
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
😞 bringing my son to watch his first Mavs game. He turned 8 today. Dang it
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 07:24 PM   #177
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
Holy shit that sucks

No Luka, no Lively, no Exum, no Morris, no Holmes, and no Kleber

This is going to be an ugly game
Old 01-05-2024, 07:26 PM   #178
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Hopefully Kyrie puts on a show!!
Old 01-05-2024, 07:33 PM   #179
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Hopefully Kyrie puts on a show!!
Knock on wood he doesn't get hurt!!

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 01-05-2024 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:39 PM   #180
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

No Luka
No Lively
No Exum
No Williams
No Morris
No Holmes
No Kleber

Powell gonna play 48 min. Hardy better be ready.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:53 PM   #181
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's borderline insanity to buy tickets. $500 plus for the night to roll the dice on who plays and of we give effort.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 08:11 PM   #182
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Damn that?s a bummer sorry to hear
Old 01-05-2024, 08:13 PM   #183
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
its why I can never pull the trigger on tickets. I?d have to travel and I?m not going to fly to LA or Dallas and get boned by an injury last minute.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:14 PM   #184
Melonhead
Guru

Damn Kyrie gonna have to do it all.

Let?s hope Portland doesn?t injure anyone else tonight.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:18 PM   #185
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

anyone got a working link?
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 09:46 PM   #186
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Nice to see Green and Hardy playing well. Always seemingly without Luka.

Old 01-05-2024, 09:53 PM   #187
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think a sneaky good move would be for Jonathan Isaac

Dude still has tons of defensive potential and would be a nice young big to help Lively at the 4
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 09:56 PM   #188
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nice to see Green and Hardy playing well. Always seemingly without Luka.
That's the problem neither seems to ever play well with Luka.

But with Kyrie for some reason they just play with more confidence.

They are both still very inconsistent though.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 10:04 PM   #189
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
That's the problem neither seems to ever play well with Luka.

But with Kyrie for some reason they just play with more confidence.

They are both still very inconsistent though.
It's because Luka is a ball hog that relies on spot shooters and his own scoring to play well. It's not a knock on him...just is what it is.

Old 01-05-2024, 10:53 PM   #190
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Hardy apparently the youngest player with 19/9/9 this season. Does put in perspective that he is still very young and has a lot of growing to do.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:08 PM   #191
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Damn that?s a bummer sorry to hear
All things considered, turned out to be a fun game. Total team effort. I like what I saw out of the young players. Glad OMax knocked down some shots, and Brandon Williams looks like he can play. Hardy is definitely a pure scorer. Good to see him with 9 boards and 9 assists too.
Old 01-05-2024, 11:28 PM   #192
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
All things considered, turned out to be a fun game. Total team effort. I like what I saw out of the young players. Glad OMax knocked down some shots, and Brandon Williams looks like he can play. Hardy is definitely a pure scorer. Good to see him with 9 boards and 9 assists too.
Did you see the father who called out the entire org that his son couldn't see Luka on twitter? I was thinking that might be you! haha.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:44 PM   #193
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavs now
10th in offense
19th in defense
28th in rebounding (only Wizards and strangely Thunder are worse)
Old 01-05-2024, 11:54 PM   #194
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Then we need to focus on the rebounding. Drummond or Collins please.

Old 01-06-2024, 12:18 AM   #195
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Hardy thanking Kyrie for keeping his confidence up. Funny all the crap Kyrie has gotten over the years, and he has been nothing but a model player so far.

Old 01-06-2024, 12:28 AM   #196
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Did you see the father who called out the entire org that his son couldn't see Luka on twitter? I was thinking that might be you! haha.
Haha, that wasn?t me, but I definitely wish I could have sent that message to the organization.
Old 01-06-2024, 12:34 AM   #197
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I really like Hardy, Green, and THJ next to Kyrie. Kyrie just has a way of bringing out the best in those three.

It?s a little weird/sad that green and Hardy can?t play well next to Luka like that.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-06-2024 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2024, 02:19 AM   #198
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I made the same suggestion a few weeks ago with the same players.
Yurtseven isn't the perfect backup but is serviceable with good size.

I'm also wondering if some of our youth is now attractive to Portland in hopes of landing Grant/Reath.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:23 AM   #199
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really like Hardy, Green, and THJ next to Kyrie. Kyrie just has a way of bringing out the best in those three.

It?s a little weird/sad that green and Hardy can?t play well next to Luka like that.
Mavs are more fun to watch when they run imo. Kyrie seems to flourish with a bunch of athletic guys who like to run.

Luka's half court iso ball isn't conducive to Green and Hardy's strengths and styles of play.
Kyrie's style is more conducive to their styles.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 08:00 AM   #200
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Man, I almost forgot about Greg Brown. He is a guy that can definitely play the 4/5. Plays a lot bigger than he actually is.

Tags
copenhagen, straight jacket?, unfresh jive