Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #1
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Phoenix and Philly both have three first round picks. Phoenix also has #34 in the second round. Both teams also happen to need cash more than they need young players. I think we should try to buy a pick.
I'm wondering how bad Phoenix wants to get rid of Morris....would they consider including one of their picks (28th or 34th) and Morris for Harris and/or Evans and 46th?

Phoenix gets some cap relief.
Morris is on somewhat of a decent deal and does help fill a need and we get a better pick out of the deal.

Just not sure how bad they want to dump him or if they even want to.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm wondering how bad Phoenix wants to get rid of Morris....would they consider including one of their picks (28th or 34th) and Morris for Harris and/or Evans and 46th?

Morris is on somewhat of a decent deal and does help fill a need and we get a better pick out of the deal.

If you are talking about Markieff, they already dumped him to the Wizards lmao (trade deadline deal IIRC)

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
If you are talking about Markieff, they already dumped him to the Wizards lmao (trade deadline deal IIRC)
Not sure how I missed that one (especially being a Jayhawk fan) but somehow did.
Thanks for clearing that up!
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post

Although Morris is gone, PHX is full of interesting salary-dump possibilities. Eric Bledsoe? Brandon Knight? Old friend Tyson Chandler?
Old 05-31-2016, 11:10 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Although Morris is gone, PHX is full of interesting salary-dump possibilities. Eric Bledsoe? Brandon Knight? Old friend Tyson Chandler?
Tyson is definitely going to be shopped, but he's got 3 years/39 million on his contract. That's not good for a guy whose best years are behind him at 33 years old.

Knight is the definition of average. He gets points, but his efficiency is awful. Hollinger puts him as the 27th best PG in the league-- below JJB. He's also part of the Suns' young core. 4 years/56 mill is a lot of money for a merely average player, too.

Bledsoe is good, but I'm not sure he's 4 years/57 million good. He's also constantly injured. I guess that means he fits in well here, though.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Tyson is definitely going to be shopped, but he's got 3 years/39 million on his contract. That's not good for a guy whose best years are behind him at 33 years old.

Knight is the definition of average. He gets points, but his efficiency is awful. Hollinger puts him as the 27th best PG in the league-- below JJB. He's also part of the Suns' young core. 4 years/56 mill is a lot of money for a merely average player, too.

Bledsoe is good, but I'm not sure he's 4 years/57 million good. He's also constantly injured. I guess that means he fits in well here, though.
All three are extremely flawed but I think you have to look hard at any potential deal, especially if it includes a pick. The contracts seems brutal at first glance, but is $14 million a year really too much for a young PG who averaged 20 a game last season (albeit isn't good at much else)? I honestly don't know the answer to that question, but I know with our limited resources we need to get creative to acquire pieces.