Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #361
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Haywood about to be on 1310 the ticket

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #362
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Yeah but NBA rules dont allow it. Remember the whole JET/Marion 31 thing?
good pt. it has to be requested in the off season if I remember correctly.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #363
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
What would concern me is a team that has a major offensive weapon at SF, and quick offensive weapon at SG. Denver comes to mind. I don't know how well Butler is going to keep up with JR Smith.
That's not a favorable matchup for him defensively, that's for sure. I think I dare them to take advantage of it, though, at least at the outset (or whenever it is that they get matched up depending on the starter/sixth-man status of both guys), so that I can use Marion on Carmelo. If Smith starts going off, though, I can see switching out those assignments and tweaking the defense to help Caron try to at least take away the Carmelo's drive.

Fortunately, I think Denver's a bit unusual. In particularm - and I'm sure others have mentioned it - Caron/Marion seems to me to be a pretty stout response to the problems posed by the Kobe/Artest pairing.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #364
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Haywood about to be on 1310 the ticket
You have a link to it? I'm in Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #365
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

http://player.cumulusstreaming.com/S...r.aspx?KTCK-AM

hes on right now, just started

BEAT LA
Old 02-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #366
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Very Much Appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #367
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
hell yeah thanks... he seems pumped!!
well he should be going from a non contender to a contender!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #368
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick recap of Haywood's radio appearance:

Quote:
Very excited to be a Mav. First class organization, cites Cuban, Dirk and Kidd.

Complimentary of Washington, not flaming the situation on the way out.

Hosts make dumb comments about the gun situation, Haywood stays far, far away from it. Won't answer anything about that.

Says he's trying to get to Dallas as soon as possible.
Wants to be ready to practice Monday and be ready to contribute Tuesday. He's heard Carlisle has an intricate system so he's eager to get his hands on the playbook and start learning.

Seems like a pretty bright and earnest dude. And he's clearly excited about coming to situation with a chance to win. He used the word "ecstatic".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-14-2010 at 04:18 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #369
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He's excited to come to Dallas and team up with an elite player like Dirk and future HoF'er with Kidd.

He classified himself as interior presence on both sides of the floor, opportunistic scorer, cleans up the glass, block shots, finish at the rim.

He hopes to be in Dallas by Monday, and he's serious about coming to Dallas and helping
with the playoff push.

He sounds like a pro, he wants to be on-board and understand the concepts with RC and what they wanna do on the court.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #370
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood recap:

I'm very excited to be a Maverick

Great Owner

One of the greatest players in Dirk and Kidd

Sad to leave his friends...but happy to go to a better team.

"I am coming to anchor the middle, keep my guy to low percentages, grab rebounds and block shots...and be an oportunistic scorer when other guys get double teamed"

I want to be very prepared...the worst thing is when a play is called and all the other guys know the play and you're the guy who doesn't know what to do.

He is undeniably a really smart guy. Didn't touch the Arenas situation.

He said that the headline should read, "Haywood ecstatic about trade!" he is going from a bad basketball situation to a very good one.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #371
badfish22
Golden Member

Those interviewers were class A douchebags.

BEAT LA
Old 02-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #372
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

ya those guys asking him the questions suck!! who cares about the tar heels!?? lol
Old 02-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #373
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
That's not a favorable matchup for him defensively, that's for sure. I think I dare them to take advantage of it, though, at least at the outset (or whenever it is that they get matched up depending on the starter/sixth-man status of both guys), so that I can use Marion on Carmelo. If Smith starts going off, though, I can see switching out those assignments and tweaking the defense to help Caron try to at least take away the Carmelo's drive.

Fortunately, I think Denver's a bit unusual. In particularm - and I'm sure others have mentioned it - Caron/Marion seems to me to be a pretty stout response to the problems posed by the Kobe/Artest pairing.
Very true on the Laker match up. I thought about that as I was mentally going over teams looking for match ups that might be a problem.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #374
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ha. Three straight recaps of the Haywood interview.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #375
sike
The Preacha

I like heady basketball players...and Haywood seems to be one.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #376
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
i wonder about stevenson!! lol
Old 02-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #377
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Those interviewers were class A douchebags.
this.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #378
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood being excited makes me more excited.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #379
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Haywood being excited makes me more excited.
anyone heard a post trade Butler interview?

Old 02-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #380
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
i wonder about stevenson!! lol
He will barely touch the floor
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #381
badfish22
Golden Member

http://www.nba.com/video/mavericks/#

third video, Cuban talks about the trade. Cuban hasn't stopped laughing and smiling since he pulled this trade off. How can you not love him?

BEAT LA
Old 02-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #382
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
All I know is that on the realgm.com boards, Wizards fans seemed genuinely sad to see Haywood go.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #383
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

FYI, as noted on the front page of DB.com, Fish is doing pre-game with Ben and Skin tonight starting at 4:25. I'm sure there will be some discussion of the trade. 103.3.

Listen online.

And Josh is apparently going to be on with Ben and Skin any minute.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 02-14-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #384
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:

And Josh is apparently going to be on with Ben and Skin any minute.
Whats the over/under on how many times he says "its a bidness"

BEAT LA
Old 02-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #385
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Whats the over/under on how many times he says "its a bidness"
It's already been said at least three times.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #386
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I have to be honest...Josh has rubbed me the wrong way almost every time I've heard him in an interview...and this interview is no different.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #387
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
I have to be honest...Josh has rubbed me the wrong way almost every time I've heard him in an interview...and this interview is no different.
I swear I'm not saying this because of his history but he seems blazed

BEAT LA
Old 02-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #388
badfish22
Golden Member

Yes Josh that IS how the bidness works.

BEAT LA
Old 02-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #389
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

He loosened up a bit at the end and took a playful shot at Tim McMahon, which was funny.

As usual though, he sounded a bit persecuted and didn't provide much meat in the interview.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #390
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
He loosened up a bit at the end and took a playful shot at Tim McMahon, which was funny.

As usual though, he sounded a bit persecuted and didn't provide much meat in the interview.
Yeah he got better the longer the interview went on. It just really hard to get a read on Josh sometimes..

BEAT LA
Old 02-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #391
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

What else was Howard saying?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #392
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

What if Josh fails the drug test.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #393
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
He'd probably be suspended. Who cares? He plays for the Wizards now.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #394
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Josh has gotten on my nerves for the past few years being the dumbest player on the court, just flinging up shots, just a dumb player.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #395
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm also very curious to see how Caron fits on this team and what happens to his offensive efficiency. He is, right now, the best second scoring option Dirk has ever played with. I'm very curious to see how that dynamic works and what effect it has on both players.
I'm glad you said that because I completely agree with you. Finley in his prime was the closest thing to what Caron can bring to the table in terms of offensive talent. I will say however that Caron has dropped off a little this year when you compare his numbers to the last two or three seasons. Hopefully the blame can be put on the fact that he was just getting back from injury and that the Wizards flat out suck so he wasn't 100% motivated. But we really can't give him any excuses because we didn't do that with Josh. Furthermore, the negative about Butler is his propensity to miss games. Last year he missed 15 games, 24 games the year before that, 19 before that, and so on. There is no denying his talent and skill level. I've always been a huge fan.

I'm going to give him a fresh start here in Dallas, this is the best team he has played for so let's see what he can accomplish as a Maverick. Go Caron, Dirk deserves your best.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #396
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
the trade gets rescinded.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #397
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
the trade gets rescinded.
They waived the physicals. The trade is complete. Any failed drug test would simply mean he's suspended from the Wiz.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #398
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ben and Skin are discussing whether this is the greatest trade the Mavs have ever made (they're not counting the Dirk trade as a real trade).

As they said, you can't make a proclamation like that until you see how it plays out, but getting cash back and sending an extra contract to Washington is such an unbelievable aspect to this deal.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #399
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Man...I hope this trade is beneficial...The beginning of this season was one of the most optimistic I've seen over the past few years since the Miami finals debacle. Everyone was happy with Marion, Thomas, Gooden etc. and look how it turned out. Marion is not near the player we expected...Thomas played well when he was playing but for some reaon, never cracked the rotation...Roddy was going to quickly get the back-up pg spot...Hump was showing that he was equal to Bass...

I just hope this trade is not another series of failed expectations...We still have Dirk who is only taking 10-12 shots a game, where he should be taking at least 20. He also looks very disinterested.
Terry is a sieve on defense, and is either hot or cold....no consistency...Dampier looks like he will have a season long injury, JJB is the coaches favorite player, and Marion....has the ugliest, unclutchest play of all Mavs to the point where the coach makes him disappear in the 4th quarter. Caron and Haywood unfortunately have a huge burden on their shoulders...they are supposed to fix everything that is wrong with the Mavs....I think the Mavs will continue to skirt 500 ball the rest of the way and get the 7th or 8th spot with a first round exit....

I hope I'm wrong and am pleasantly surprised, but many of the underlying issues are still there. I am glad that we will no longer have to watch the perpetual jump shooting machine named Howard settling for the outside shots. If I begin to see some driving, and foul shots, then I will become more optimistic.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #400
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
Marion is not near the player we expected.
Marion is pretty much exactly the player I expected. He's been fantastic defensively and been a slasher on offense.

The biggest disappointment of the season, by a freaking mile, is now gone. That seems like a weird thing to leave out of your assessment.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
grand larceny, iluvtags, now we like our team, thisthreadistoolong, urmomspenisistoolong, who's dinnie?