Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default Chris Paul Nearly Traded to Portland

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...l-pursuing-cp3

Quote:
By: Chad Ford

Last week, Chris Paul trade talk hit a frenzy before the Hornets went public and stated they had no intention of trading their star point guard.

This week, a league source told me that the Blazers actually made some progress toward landing Paul.

According to the source, the Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would’ve sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orelans for Paul and Emeka Okafor before Hornets GM Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal claiming that their owner wasn’t ready to trade Paul.

The Hornets no longer need to trade Paul for financial reasons. The trade they made on draft night with the Oklahoma City Thunder got them out of the luxury tax, so that’s no longer the issue.

The issue is whether Paul is now unhappy enough to force a trade. The Blazers believe he is and will continue to pursue a Paul deal. They won't be alone.

The Magic also have been pursuing Paul and Okafor, offering expiring contracts and Jameer Nelson. And there are two other teams that could offer the Hornets even more.

Both the Knicks and Nets are planning to step up pressure on the Hornets if they don't land LeBron. Both teams have tons of cap space and can offer massive cap relief to the Hornets (to the tune of $100 million) if they take Paul and Okafor off their hands. The Knicks could also offer Danilo Gallinari. The Nets could offer Derrick Favors and Devin Harris.

Holy cow. We need to get back on the phone with New Orleans ASAP ... especially with Paul now saying he wants out.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...l-pursuing-cp3

Holy cow. We need to get back on the phone with New Orleans ASAP ... especially with Paul now saying he wants out.
Damp, Roddy, Dojo and two first round picks for Paul and Okafor. Done. I don't even know if it works and I don't care at this point.

Gosh that would be fantastic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Damp, Roddy, Dojo and two first round picks for Paul and Okafor. Done. I don't even know if it works and I don't care at this point.

I'd do that in a heartbeat...

As far as I'm concerned, Paul is the biggest available talent behind LeBron and Wade (better than Joe Johnson, anyway...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd do that in a heartbeat...

As far as I'm concerned, Paul is the biggest available talent behind LeBron and Wade (better than Joe Johnson, anyway...)
Yep it's a no brainer. (Crosses fingers)

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Add some salary-filler like Stevenson/Carroll/Najera to satisfy the CBA, then get on the phone with Ray Allen and try to convince him to take the MLE.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Add some salary-filler like Stevenson/Carroll/Najera to satisfy the CBA, then get on the phone with Ray Allen and try to convince him to take the MLE.
Hell you could play Kidd at SG for all I care. Certainly he would for stretches.

And you still have Butler to keep or trade.

My head is swimming right now. Why can't this happen?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-01-2010 at 04:58 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My head is swimming right now. Why can't this happen?
Because we're going to get LeBron. Only possible explanation.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Because we're going to get LeBron. Only possible explanation.
This is obviously your greatest post ever.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
masting and striking? wtf, ur mom's fadge stinks, wtf is "fadge"?