Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all
Default im sorry guy and gals, but we look average at best.

The mavs have looked flat of late. they say that last years finals nightmare made them more hungry to be the best, but they sure dont appear that way lately. the other percieved contenders in the league have had somewhat of a surge lately, but not us.

is it possible that we are intentionally coasting down the stretch? it has been said that this is the case, but i dont buy it. this is the worst ball weve played since the ages ago, 4 game skid to start the season. have i become spoiled by the beasts that we ran through the season with, and now im making mountains out of molehills?
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

this was definitely worth a new thread
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one

are you for real, or is this place running over with so much sarcasm that i cant even tell when ANYONE IS FOR REAL?
Old 04-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

We do love our sarcasm
Old 04-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
mav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
We do love our sarcasm

dangit
Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Mediocrity is underrated. Look at what comes out of the East every year.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

The Mavs have lost steam and have looked flat over the past few weeks, but I don't think its a cause for concern.

Does anyone remember Last March and how horrible we played? The Mavs only went 9-8 in March of 2006. We came back and had probably the most dominant playoff series we've ever had in sweeping a good Memphis Grizzly team.

I don't think its possible to "sprint" through an entire basketball season. Once we clinch the 1 spot, I think you will see a lot of our team starting to rest and to taper.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #8
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

This thread sucks. The mavs have nothing to play for right now. Wait till the playoffs and you'll see the real mavs.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

your're right. we're flat. we'll lose in the first round.

Last edited by Windmill360; 04-07-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

knee jerking at its best
have u seen the suns record lately????? And oh yeah, the Spurs have lost to Celtics Bucks and Pacers and we know for sure the first two teams are trying to tank the season.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
Steel_01

Steel_01 is on a distinguished road

Wow, this site does the biggest kneejerking I have ever seen. I'm amazed at how during our different win streaks everyone took each victory with a grain of salt, but more importantly (which I agree with) "always looking at the bigger picture, ending in a championship." Just like players, I have learned you cant get too high on a victory or too low on a loss. Just when you think you can predict what's going to happen (even during the course of a game) it becomes completely unpredictable which is one reason why I think we love this game.

Now more importantly, are you serious in believing that the Mavs cannot score more than 71 points! I mean Denver is a defensive powerhouse...(Truthfully though we have historically played bad in denver). No I think if Avery really wanted our boys to win last night he could have. Now it's true we need to solidify home court advantage but I dont think winning last night was in desperate need. And not being able to score more than 71 points, yeah I'm not going to believe that one. Now, I have a theory, just a theory.

Some things I find strange...3/4 of the season, hardly any injuries, any at all. Now, Devean goes out for awhile. Could he have come back sooner if we needed him, yeah I think so. Buckner similar situation. Dirk hurts his ankle, comes back but gets "food poisoning" Come on. Dampier injured out for a game or two, unbelievably played very well on is first night back. Would he have made a difference against the suns, without question. Howard hurt his ankle last night. He said he could have come back in and was fine. I would not be surprised if he doesnt play against Portland tonight. Oh yeah, Stack was out for a few games. I'm sensing a trend here. I think Avery is more clever than anyone is realizing. I would not be surprised if JET gets "injured" in the next few days or Devin gets the "flu" True, I think our guys are getting injured but I believe Avery is giving them extra, extra rehab time. In a way we're coasting but still playing hard with the other players in the game. Pretty brilliant if you ask me. We can take this strategy because of our position.

Finally, I almost think it is a blessing in disguise to lose last night. We cannot shoot for 70 anymore! No matter what is said, everyone is thinking about how cool it could be...including the players. Too much pressure up to the last game of the season to reach that goal, so let's get rid of the temptation.

So, now let's just go out and play, get the #1 seed and rest, prepare, and sharpen for the playoffs. clippers, nuggets, lakers, warriors...it doesnt matter who slides into #8, you are in for a rude awakening...I dont think we've seen the Mavs best basketball yet. I'll be staying tuned to find out!
Go Mavs
Steel_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #12
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

If you think this is knee jerking, drop by Lone Mavs Forum.

my personal fave:
Originally Posted by angryllama
What a garbage game.

Avery's making a mistake here that may cost this team a shot at the championship.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The mavs FTAs versus their opponents is trending down especially with the last couple of games -16, -17, +1, +2, -3, -5, -19, -23, -12, -3, +8, +11, +1, +5.

They just aren't being as aggressive in the paint. They've been getting by with the great shooting of jason/stack/josh. It's catching up with them imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Steel you are knee-jerking about knee-jerking. First this board is too diverse to even group it together, second there isn't knee-jerking going on, but some honest assessment imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think there are a lot of positives lately. Firstly, noone in the league is playing great right now minus maybe SA. Secondly, we don't need to play 100% when we're going to win the NBA regular season. Thirdly, look at the glass half full, Howard and Dirk still have ankles, Damp miraculously is healthy and looking great lately (knocks on wood for all). I could go on and on, this is knee-jerking and its pointless. Avery is a genius and knows what he is doing.

What're are the knee-jerkers going to do if we don't win the championship this year? Committ mass suicide?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever
The mavs have looked flat of late. they say that last years finals nightmare made them more hungry to be the best, but they sure dont appear that way lately. the other percieved contenders in the league have had somewhat of a surge lately, but not us.

is it possible that we are intentionally coasting down the stretch? it has been said that this is the case, but i dont buy it. this is the worst ball weve played since the ages ago, 4 game skid to start the season. have i become spoiled by the beasts that we ran through the season with, and now im making mountains out of molehills?
you're mom is flat.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #17
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_01
No I think if Avery really wanted our boys to win last night he could have.
That is rubbish, Avery wanted that game last night, he wanted it bad. I would just like to see this team play with some consistency down the stretch.
Quote from Dude1394:The mavs FTAs versus their opponents is trending down especially with the last couple of games -16, -17, +1, +2, -3, -5, -19, -23, -12, -3, +8, +11, +1, +5.

They just aren't being as aggressive in the paint. They've been getting by with the great shooting of jason/stack/josh. It's catching up with them imo.

Avery has to get this team driving and finishing in the paint. They have just been settling for jumpers and that puts up in the same category as the Suns, off night shooting equals loss. Drive the paint draw the fouls, that opens up wide open jump shots.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the team looks average right now. However, I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference what they look like right now once the playoffs start. I see no reason as to why the Mavs would play at this level once the playoffs start.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Not gonna lie, I like to knee-jerk a bit. But I honestly didn't care about last night's loss. Just get the playoffs rolling and none of this matters...
Old 04-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #20
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of flat... Cro's head is kinda flat.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #21
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

pretty average looking tonight. yep.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #22
Steel_01

Steel_01 is on a distinguished road

Dude1394, you're blind and illiterate if you dont think there is kneejerking on this site or you dont know the definition of kneejerking. Nevertheless, I believe in the Mavs and that they can beat ANYONE to win a championship
Steel_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #23
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

50 games over 500. Sounds awesome to me!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #24
mav4ever

chill steel, i only stated fact, do i need to show you the stats to backup what i said?

kneejerking is to imply that they are good one day, and terrible the next. all i said was they looked flat. they had. all teams have ebbs and flows, this doesnt exclude the mavs, and i simply remarked on the fact that the guys looked heavy in the feet, just look at the free throw disparity in the last 3 games before tonight. players looked flat on pick and rolls, and transition defence (see points in the paint the last few games before tonight).

so recanting my testimony,and trying to talk intelligent basketball, (not out of my ass like on that commercial) am i still too knee-jerky?

Quote:
Dude1394, you're blind and illiterate if you dont think there is kneejerking on this site or you dont know the definition of kneejerking. Nevertheless, I believe in the Mavs and that they can beat ANYONE to win a championship
Old 04-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #25
mav4ever

good point also

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
50 games over 500. Sounds awesome to me!!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
e

Didn't say there wasn't knee-jerking going on, there ALWAYS is on EVERY site. But in general the mainstream of this site isn't knee-jerking at all.

Methinks you are both blind and illiterate. Not to mention stupid and ugly.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I only knee-jerk when they play significant teams.

This time of year is a freakin' GRIND. For the fans, and I imagine for the players too.

Honestly, this whole season has been something of a grind on the fans, because we've been wearing this 50-pound pack all year of being clearly the best team in the league--or are we?

In other words, we have played so damn well that it's either the rest of the regular season means nothing (because we are so good) or the first of the season was fool's gold (in which case the crash at the end would be way, way harsher).

I can't speak for the rest of you, but for me this has been a very difficult year (in terms of stress level) as a fan. It was a whole lot easier when we were flying under the radar.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #28
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

^^^Definatley agree with the stress factor. And its crazy because we have the best record in the L by a couple of games and will more than likely end the season with the best record but for some reason I don't feel we've played as good as our record dictates. These playoffs this year are going to be hell though. Don't expect any sweeps in the West. Should definately be a solid year for NBA basketball in the postseason.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:03 AM   #29
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
The mavs FTAs versus their opponents is trending down especially with the last couple of games -16, -17, +1, +2, -3, -5, -19, -23, -12, -3, +8, +11, +1, +5.

My opinion on this:

On some level, conscious or subconscious (probably halfway in between), the Mavs know that giving 110% and driving to the lane into contact over and over increases their odds of getting hurt.

Our guys KNOW they can win 80% of the games they play just sitting back and shooting jumpers, cause theyre that good at it. For them, I don't think they've made an active decision to not drive to the hoop as much. Rather, I think they are just aware on some level of the possibility running in, rolling their ankle and being out for 5-6 wks. And for what? A meaningless end of regular season game that means nothing?

I don't think Avery has said in a meeting, "Ya'll, lay back and shoot jumpers so you dont get hurt." I just think it's only human for the Mavs more important players to be content with shooting jumpers (and still winning most of the time) rather than being super aggressive when the games don't really matter.

Come April 21, you're gonna see a Mavs team thats in the paint a whole lot more. When the games matter, these guys arent gonna settle for a lot of the shots theyre settling for. Just my two cents.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-08-2007 at 12:04 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:04 AM   #30
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Although it was only the Blazers, I thought we looked pretty darn good considering we were without Jho and Stack.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:11 AM   #31
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
you're mom is flat.
you are mom is flat?

that doesn't make sense.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #32
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

I guess you could say we look bad for a 63 win team. But we don't look as bad as the Rockets and the Jazz right now. I'd rather be in the Mavs current "slump" than be Phoenix or San Antonio battling for home court in what will be a brutal second round series.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #33
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
I guess you could say we look bad for a 63 win team. But we don't look as bad as the Rockets and the Jazz right now. I'd rather be in the Mavs current "slump" than be Phoenix or San Antonio battling for home court in what will be a brutal second round series.
yah but what i'm afraid of is that the winner of that series wil have so much momentum coming into our series. It was like us last year, after we knocked of the spurs we had so much confident and momentum going into the suns series.
robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #34
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
you are mom is flat?

that doesn't make sense.
exactly.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:03 AM   #35
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
yah but what i'm afraid of is that the winner of that series wil have so much momentum coming into our series. It was like us last year, after we knocked of the spurs we had so much confident and momentum going into the suns series.
Still, of all cases. It's the best scenario. Whoever comes out of that contest will be confident anyway, but I would rather them need seven to win and be confident than win in five and be confident.

Besides, the Mavs were a 60-win team emerging to play a 54-win team in the conference finals last year. This year it's going to look more like a 59-win team emerging to play a 67-win team. So last year really isn't a good measuring stick.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
I don't think I agree with you on that. Last years suns team was extremely lucky to be in the wcf. They really overachieved imo. If the mavs hadn't been really that much better than them, they could have faultered, I think the spurs series drained them pretty good. Taking us to 6 games seemed too much to me.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #37
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I don't think I agree with you on that. Last years suns team was extremely lucky to be in the wcf. They really overachieved imo. If the mavs hadn't been really that much better than them, they could have faultered, I think the spurs series drained them pretty good. Taking us to 6 games seemed too much to me.
that's more like it. the suns weren't anything special last year - not at all. mavs really should have taken game 1 and the series in 5.

yeah, the mavs look really flat right now. they've accomplished (or will inevitably accomplish) everything they can in the regular season and it'd be astonishing if they didn't falter a bit. it's not cause for any real concern, imho.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #38
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

It's funny about that Game 1. The Mavs were so used to being the ones speeding up the tempo in the Spurs series that they got whisked away by the Suns pace, and STILL were very close to winning that game. Then the Mavs figured out they had the opposite goal in that series and Phoenix averaged somthing like 97 points the rest of the way.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #39
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

(Didn't realize there were two of these threads, so I'll post here what I posted in the other one)

The Mavs are just banged up. It's fairly obvious that at the very least, Dirk is coasting. Get everyone healthy. That's my only concern. Whatever first and second round matchups we have will get us ready for Phoenix or San Antonio.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Not to mention two. Now somebody please merge the threads!

Edit: didn't realize Spiral just acknowledged this.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-08-2007 at 04:57 PM.