Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-28-2001, 07:54 AM   #1
manna4040

manna4040 is on a distinguished road

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Tonight the Mavericks play The Trail Blazers. They are going to kick their butt. Between Dirk, Finley, Nash, Bradley, and howard. They are going to win. We will see them the next few weeks play their hearts out, and its going to be so exciting. The mavericks will get to the playoffs. The Mavericks are capable of beating anybody, the good thing is they beat Utah and proved it, and that my be their component in the first round of the playoffs.

manna4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2001, 11:21 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I won't be too disappointed if we drop this one, since the win against the Jazz was a surprise and I'm REALLY wanting a win against LA...but since I'm always optimistic, I'm going to predict a win tonight. Hopefully the gutsy play from Monday night will carry over, since we all know how much the Blazers believe in clean play. Pipface will get ejected again for tripping everyone, followed closely by the hot-headed Wallace. This will then allow our guys to show off their new "take no shit" attitudes by manhandling Portland's thuggish backcourt combo of Wells and Strickland (who absolutely killed us last time). I'm not afraid of the Sabonis/Davis combo up front now that we have our own twin towers in Booth and Bradley. Kemp's just a fat slug so no worries about him either..just toss him a twinkie and he'll go away. The one thing I'm really looking forward to is a big game by Juwan, who's really been stinking it up against the elite WC teams. I also hope Fin keeps up his aggressive play, Dirk comes back ok (after getting punked in Utah), and Nash returns to form.

Mavs 97, Blazers 88
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 12:14 PM   #3
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

this would be a great game to win...especially since the mavs are one game behind portland.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 12:29 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I would love it if the Mavs win tonight, but won't be disturbed if we don't. We took the one against Utah, so we can't complain about a loss against the Blazers. Unless they try to take out Dirk for the season like the Jazz tried to do.

Keys to the game:

Nash must step it up. He's had a couple off games offensively. And must help Dirk get in the flow tonight early. None of this 4th quarter showing, it won't work all the time.

Howard NEEDS to find his shot again. He's been horrible offensively lately. If it weren't for his rebounding, I'd think bench him some minutes.

As mentioned above, Dirk needs to get going early. Im tired of this 4th quarter showing. He needs to have a better shooting night than the 5-14 (15pts) he did against them the last time. I know Pippen can be pesky but Dirk should be able to play better than him.

Hopefully, Fin will keep up his performance like in the last 2 games he's had.

It would be nice if Bradley could have a nice game against an elite team, but imo, the bench needs to contribute something tonight. Buckner and Najera could be key. Im not sure I should even mention Eisley because he's been missing in action too long now.

And, if we're in the game, let's hope we don't have another 4th quarter melt down like we did last time.
Old 03-28-2001, 12:37 PM   #5
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

"it would be nice if bradley could have a nice game against an elite team ..." - thats what everyone has been saying since he was drafted, I hope your not dumb enough to hold your breath
Old 03-28-2001, 01:17 PM   #6
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

bradley has had a few good games against elite teams..just not enough. wasn't david robinson held scoreless one game against the mavs, once?....if i remember correctly, it was bradley's and booth's tremendous interior defense in the third quarter against utah that was a huge key in getting the mavs back into the game.
but, his good games against elite teams just doesn't happen often enough. maybe the presence of booth and howard will make it a bit easier on big bad bradley
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 02:02 PM   #7
Tarzan

Tarzan is on a distinguished road

Bradley has had some of his biggest games as a pro against Portland.
Old 03-28-2001, 02:25 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that I have predicted that #44 would have a big game the last three games, but I'm going to do it again... Bradley should have a huge game...
Old 03-28-2001, 02:32 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Did you guys read the Pippen article in today's DMN? If not, here it is:

For local diner, Pippen proves a real head case

03/28/2001

Suppose you roll over to a cozy little Dallas restaurant for a late supper.

And suppose during this late supper, you excuse yourself to the little supper eater's room. You find a line but wait patiently before getting inside to do your thing.

Then, suddenly, some livin'-large NBA star is banging on the door, demanding entrance, shunning his social responsibility to wait alongside the common folk.

Can you say, "Scottie Pippen"?

Dr. Belinda Garza was eating last Tuesday night at Café Izmir on Lower Greenville. It's a family-run place, where Momma and the boys are as nice as they come. Their kindness is contagious, so the restaurant is a friendly, comfortable place. Usually.

Since it's rather small, there may be a line at the unisex bathroom. Garza waited her turn behind four or five people.

"As soon as I get in, I heard some girls [in line] giggling," Garza said. "They were saying to someone, 'Just because you're famous ...' And then I heard this bang on the door."

Garza didn't answer. A few seconds later, while washing her hands, she heard the banging again. She opened the door to find that Pippen, just after helping eat up the Mavs at Reunion, had sashayed to the front of the line.

"Well, I could care less who he is," Garza said. "So I asked him nicely to stop being so rude. He didn't say anything. So I finished washing my hands. I think he got a little embarrassed."

And suppose that you, like Garza, create a little slice of time where, just for a moment, the world is a better, more sensible place.

Source: For local diner, Pippen proves a real head case
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 02:33 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I just caught that a minute ago... that's hilarious. I'm surprised he didn't make a scene at the restraunt... "Don't you know who I am?"