Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2001, 09:14 AM   #1
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

finley's playing like an MVP the past few games. last night, he was hitting with his jumper....that was great to see. I don't think he'll shoot that well from the outside in most games, that's why i want to see him take it to the basket.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2001, 09:47 AM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Fin is just preparing himself for the playoffs. I think (rather I hope) for a period there he was in cruise control saving his legs for the end of the season. However the past three games, he's been energetic and lively. More importantly than the points he's been scoring is he's been doing a fabulous job on the boards. The two previous games 12 rebounds in both and lastnight he had 6, four of which were offensive. He's just getting ready to take this team places.
Old 03-29-2001, 10:03 AM   #3
LAM0015
Banned

the team as a whole has been rebounding fabulously recently. i don't know that finley was saving his legs...just wasn't in a groove shooting the ball at all for awhile.
well, he's probably playing better now than he has in a long time...perfect timing
Old 03-29-2001, 11:04 AM   #4
LAM0015
Banned

I'd like to rate myself. i know that, technically, we're not supposed to rate ourselves. but, i thought i'd go ahead and post what everyone would like to say to me. well, i know that i'm not perfect. I think i might have made an incorrect post somewhere out of my 230+ posts. overall, i'd have to rate myself as a 9.6 on a scale of 1-10. i know some of you may be disappointed that my rating isn't higher, but i thought i needed to be fair and if i was to make an error, i thought it would be best to err on the low side instead of possibly rating myself to high.

thank you, have a great day.
Old 03-29-2001, 11:17 AM   #5
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

You arent conceided are you
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 11:38 AM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

where's that paper you promised me?
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 12:19 PM   #7
LAM0015
Banned

oh..thank you for reminding me crippler. i do appreciate it. i will have to get it the next time i return home to my parents.
don't worry friend, i'll get it for you
Old 03-29-2001, 12:31 PM   #8
LAM0015
Banned

hey you little b*tch, don't you ever talk down to me again. you're pretty toughand cocky over this message board, which goes to show me that you are a f'in p*ssy in real life. if you really want to get personal with me, just let me know you condescending pr*ck and we'll deal with it like men.

<< Text >>

hmm, i would view those remarks as threatening. i'm not ...umm, how can i say this tactfully, worried about any of the remarks above, but they were definitely written in a threatening manner.
thanks, i'd appreciate your support in dealing with mavericks issues in the future. truthfully, i know it's hard for you to admit that...well, maybe some of your capabilities may be lacking when it comes to analyzing Mavericks basketball. but please, no reason to imply physical violence upon someone else. This board is for discussion and debate, not hatred and violence. I do appreciate your apology. When issuing this apology, if you feel as though you need help with how to word it so that it is an effective apology, feel free to contact me.

have a great day
Old 03-29-2001, 12:32 PM   #9
LAM0015
Banned

the top part of the previous post was from an email i received from someone that posts here. thanks...
Old 03-29-2001, 12:52 PM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

That was pretty harsh Lam. While I disagree with a lot of what you say, I still don't feel the need to be that abrasive towards you. This is a board for opinions, and while I feel your opinions are wrong the MAJORITY of the time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just feel I have to give you the right opinion. Whatever though, keep on doing your thing though and posting, it's good at times to have those opinions voiced.
Old 03-29-2001, 01:06 PM   #11
LAM0015
Banned

i was truthfully hurt by the abrasive words directed towards me. especially since i have turned the other cheek and have become less confrontational myself. my feelings were injured, but not beyond repair. I'm still here if he needs help in writing his apology to me.
Old 03-29-2001, 03:18 PM   #12
LAM0015
Banned

enough crap...the guys, pjbackslash and others are trying to run a clean board here. yes, there will be disagreements, but the threats and other crap need to stop. i apologize for my part in it...yes, there will be disagreeements, and that fine..that's great, that's what talking sports is all about, but i think we should cut the crap out and respect bj's wishes
Old 03-29-2001, 03:31 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

LAM0015, I'm sorry you had to deal with that crap..some people just aren't mature enough to deal with dissenting views and opinions I suppose. Was this done via e-mail or private msging here on this board? I hope whoever sent that to you realizes the purpose of this board is for open discussion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Verbal abuse and personal attacks are immature, inappropriate, and have no place here.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 04:04 PM   #14
LAM0015
Banned

it's ok pj...i really doesn't bother me...but, i know that other people on this board don't want to put up with that kind of stuff anymore. and i know that i've aggravated some people with my opinions and stuff along the way. it's fine to argue and fuss about sports...that's half of the fun of sports talk. throwing out opinions and getting feedback as to what other people think. and it's fine to be a bit cocky..but, the line has to be drawn somewhere. i'm not saying that i have never crossed that line because i'm sure i probably have....and i apologize for that. all i'm saying is that we should respect your wishes and try and keep it remotely civil. when someone implys threats of physical violence, well, that's pretty much over the line.
Old 03-29-2001, 04:07 PM   #15
LAM0015
Banned

it was a private message....

like i said, it's fine to aggravate and fuss some...but come on, be a little bit grown up at least. there's no reason to go to that extreme to where you threaten someone.

anyways..i'll tone down the sarcasm a bit..and try and be a bit less abrasive....even though, i think when people start throwing out their views like that..it does make for more posts...and it does lead to people thinking a bit more about what to post and thinking more deeply about what they want to say. but when you let it get under your skin, then it's not good
Old 03-29-2001, 09:55 PM   #16
thirdbse

thirdbse is on a distinguished road

I say duke it out
thirdbse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:25 AM   #17
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Yeah now that's something I'd pay to see. Isn't there a TV show like that where you use like tomato sauce water guns and wrestling in sumo suits and other funny stuff like that? Might have been called grudge match or something..
Old 03-30-2001, 07:59 AM   #18
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Maybe Lam0015 could go to the lounge and take on all comers. LAM0015 could use his sarcasm to full effect and it would also give people a chance to vent.

Seriously, it took me a couple of days to realize that Lam0015 had honestly toned down and was becoming a contributor instead of an instigator.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 08:20 AM   #19
LAM0015
Banned

yes, i know i'm still sarcastic...but who isn't? I just want a place where i can voice my dallas mavericks hot sports opinions, the same as anyone else.
Old 03-30-2001, 03:54 PM   #20
LAM0015
Banned

to duke it out would be fun...but, it's not often that i'm in austin. and i think it's time we take the violence out of dallas-mavs.com
Old 03-30-2001, 04:04 PM   #21
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

pay per view special???
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 03-30-2001, 04:11 PM   #22
LAM0015
Banned

only if i get 51% of the profits
Old 03-30-2001, 04:16 PM   #23
The Crippler
Diamond Member

it'll probably make more than this damn Prince Naseem/Barrera fight coming up. When is the Prince gonna fight someone legit?