Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough
Default Kevin Martin

hmmmmmmmmmmm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6391378

if they go on a fire sale, i love roddy but kevin martin would be nice!!!

thoughts???
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Top3 of the most overrated players in the league.

Doest play defense at all (with the potential to screw the entire team offense) and always completly disappear in the 4th/crunchtime.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Doest play defense at all (with the potential to screw the entire team offense) and always completly disappear in the 4th/crunchtime.
Agree with everything except "the potential to screw the entire team offense". He is actually a very good team offensive player. He doesn't ball hog and will not force a bad shot if it isn't there. There is a good reason why he is such a efficient scorer...
Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:

He is a great scorer, and one of the most effecient ones at that, I would take him in half a second. Would help cut down on Kidds and Dirks minutes and we would really see more blowouts.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

He scores 20+ points and he fucks up at least for 15points in the defense
Old 04-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
On a team like Houston without any interior defensive presence, yes. But on a team like Dallas I don't think the defensive loss will be as drastic. Remember, Martin's biggest weakness on defense is fighting through picks (he has a thin build). On a team that plays a decent amount of zone - like Dallas - his biggest defensive weakness can get somewhat covered.

All in all, if we have a chance to get him, we MUST pull the trigger on that deal - even if we have to give up Roddy.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #7
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
No perimeter player screws up 15 PPG, including barea jet ect
Old 04-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
On a team like Houston without any interior defensive presence, yes. But on a team like Dallas I don't think the defensive loss will be as drastic. Remember, Martin's biggest weakness on defense is fighting through picks (he has a thin build). On a team that plays a decent amount of zone - like Dallas - his biggest defensive weakness can get somewhat covered.

All in all, if we have a chance to get him, we MUST pull the trigger on that deal - even if we have to give up Roddy.
With the win now mentality, looming lockout and another lost summer, training camp for Roddy, I'm leaning to just move the kid for Martin. But we are definitley going to need to find starting caliber PG.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Agree with everything except "the potential to screw the entire team offense". He is actually a very good team offensive player. He doesn't ball hog and will not force a bad shot if it isn't there. There is a good reason why he is such a efficient scorer...
I meant he is screwing the whole team defense, not offense. My mistake.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #10
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

future Roddy >>>>>>>> kevin martin
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #11
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
future Roddy >>>>>>>> kevin martin
am I suppose to take this seriously?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

In a heartbeat.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
am I suppose to take this seriously?
I like roddy and he has potential to be a good contributor, but IMHO he will never be the lead scorer for any team. He is just undersized. Right now he has amazing quickness and can get good looks from his athleticism, but because of his smaller body he will not be able to force his way into the lane. Most of his moves right now are in motion or spot up shooting. To really be an effective scorer in the league he needs to work on his face to face one on one moves, relying on positioning, jabs and pump fakes to get his shot.

His small sizes has shown over the last year with the 2 injuries.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #14
mavs777
Diamond Member

the only thing not to like about Martins offensive game is he goes to the Manu Ginobli school of flopping
Old 04-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #15
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

You act like drawing tons of fouls and being a good ft shooter is a bad thing...just can draw contact all the time...thats very valuable on many levels
Old 04-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #16
mavs777
Diamond Member

it is, its hard to watch though, lol. I would love to have it on my team tho
Old 05-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
Cousins15

Cousins15 has a spectacular aura aboutCousins15 has a spectacular aura about

i've seen this guy play. he is good for points but doesn't play a lick of D. he'll cause the rest of your defense to collapse due to his allergy to defense. i wouldn't give anything considerable for him.
Cousins15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #18
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousins15 View Post
i've seen this guy play. he is good for points but doesn't play a lick of D. he'll cause the rest of your defense to collapse due to his allergy to defense. i wouldn't give anything considerable for him.
He'll do just fine in Dallas' zone defense. Pick and roll is his biggest problem and with the zone, it may just eliminate that. His 1 on 1 isn't bad and Rick Adelman even had him guard Kobe for stretches (Martin did a pretty good job). I would trade for him in a heartbeat and give up Roddy if I had to...
Old 06-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #19
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Next year I'd do this trade:

To Dallas: Martin, Hill(filler)
To Houston: Haywood, Roddy, Brewer(filler)

Houston gets the center they desperately need and a very good young player in Roddy.

Dallas gets that second fiddle to Dirk they've always needed. Martin will score his 20 ppg and do it efficiently. Ian Mahinmi is now the new backup C.

Dallas reaches NBA Finals and beats the Heat in 6...
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #20
DTownKidd

Thats not a bad trade...I like Caron, but we can afford to resign him. We have to resign Chandler obviously.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #21
DTownKidd

cant*
Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #22
mavs777
Diamond Member

not sure how anyone would say that Terry or Booby are better options than Martin

Last edited by mavs777; 06-01-2011 at 03:53 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote